• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos phenibut vs benzos...

flyhighk

Bluelighter
Hello gaba experts, I suffer from social anxiety and it's interfering with school life. My shrink put me on zoloft and doxepin (both suck). They helped a lil but not enough. I have used opioids and xanax in the past. Never had any habit. I really need something for my anxiety, and obviously I can't get any benzo. So I will get some phenibut. My question is, how much phenibut would be equivalent to 0.5mg of alprazolam (I'm talking about anxiolytic effects) ? I know they are quite different, I just need an estimate.

Phenibut and alprazolam work on different receptor subtypes. Phenibut works on GABA-B while alprazolam works on GABA-A.

Phenibut causes a rapid tolerance with a horrendous withdrawal so it isn't suitable for use daily and it has a very long half-life. If you choose to use it, try not to use it more than 3 times a week.

As for dosage, about a gram or so.

i don't recommend the use of either for social anxiety. i'm on daily valium for epileptic anxiety, which is apparently an exception but tolerance to the "disinhibition" brought about by both will certainly build fast.

5 grams of pheni is AMAZING for recreational use, but VERY harsh on the stomach due to its acidity. it feels like ~300 mg of pregabalin, it can be empathogenic. but takes 5 hours to kick in.

you can always ask for valium, which seems to be the most suitable benzo for long term use. tolerance doesn't seem to build to its anxiolytic effects, however don't expect to be socially disinhibited for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
for social disinhibition id say phenibut is much more effective than benzos..on large doses of phenibut, i find socializing to be fast and fluid whereas on benzos, i find i dont really want to socialize much, but just lay back and do nothing..

I find phenibut rather messy.
Then again; I feel the same way about too many benzos.

If you can, I really think the best solution is trying to find a way of coping with your anxiety (breathing exercises/meditation/counselling/yoga etc etc) than to meddle with either class of GABAergics.

I'm not inexperienced when it comes to anxiety, by any means; but make of it what you will.

It must have been the batch that I got, but phenibut sucked for me, I felt nothing other than sleepy and I took 1gI was trying to use it recreationally. So for you, Id suggest about 250mg, or even 500mg so that it just helps the anxiety.

However, Id be careful about trying to take it everyday, there are just to many stories on here, and other forums about its tolerance and drawn out withdrawal.

Oh if phenibut works on gaba b, it should feel very similar to baclofen, true?
I find baclofen great for anxiety but I'm not functional enough at the doses required for anxiety. I can't take 60mg of baclofen and go to school for example. So I guess the same would apply to phenibut.

I wouldn't recommend phenibut or benzos for SAD. Instead use CBT and counseling to work through those problems. Only use benzos as a last resort. I wished I would have never began to consume benzos or phenibut for anxiety.

5 grams of pheni is AMAZING for recreational use

5 grams is a massive dose to start out with in my opinion. Even when I was using it heavily I never went up that high, maybe combined over the day, but never all at once.
I personally prefer Phenibut over Benzos. It has a push to it, it makes you talkative and social. It lasts long. Reminds me of a GHB-lite XR or something. It's a lot less "dulling" than benzos in my experience. But with that said, it's a slippery slope due to how quick tolerance grows and how quickly you become dependent on it. If you have really great self control and find that you like it, use it only when you're in a situation when you feel like you would need it. The other hard thing is finding your sweet spot dosage-wise. Start low and work your way up.

Benzos and Phenibut are both addictive and bring on terrible wds. Benzo use will take a little longer to get to that point. But keep it up with either of them and it's bound to happen. I think phenibut is rather underrated. Either that or I just have a love for the GABA-B drugs. Phenibut is a lot less forgetful for me than benzos are.

^ Couldn't agree with you more. I've taken way over 5g, but that's nothing to be proud of at all.

Phenibut is extremely hard to find your sweet spot and maintain it due to increasing tolerance. If you use it, then I would only take it once, twice a week.

Phenibut WD is hell, but it makes benzo WD look like a walk in the park.

IMO phenibut is a horrible drug. Take too much and expect to puke all day the next day. It can't be used for recreational purposes really because you can only use it 2 or 3 days in a row and after that if you continue to use it you will feel like hell when you stop and don't expect to be back to normal for a week.

IMO phenibut is a horrible drug. Take too much and expect to puke all day the next day. It can't be used for recreational purposes really because you can only use it 2 or 3 days in a row and after that if you continue to use it you will feel like hell when you stop and don't expect to be back to normal for a week.

If you're using something everyday then it really isn't recreational. It's habitual.
And it sounds like you had a bad experience due to taking too much. Take too much and you'll definitely regret it for about two days. Tired, super lethargic, sleeping, and feeling half braindead.

slightly off-topic, but what about combining phen and benzos? i'm sure it's prob not recommended, but i have been taking benzos for a long long time, almost always combined them with opiates and alcohol--i have a substantial tolerance to all 3, and while not advisable, i haven't suffered anything bad (yet! as the rehabs like to say).

anyway, i just got my first package of phenibut along with some etiz, and i figured i'd give kratom a try too. i'm sure that the generic response would discourage this, but i'm going to likely do it in a few mins here (already took 4 mgs etiz and a couple spoons full of Ultra Enhanced Bali), so i'm just wondering if there are serious contraindications (besides the usual combining cns depressants stuff). i read that it takes 5 hrs to kick in, so that might be weird, but really any advice about this is welcome, as well as first-hand experiences, etc.

Also, i gather starting phenibut dose is bt 1-3 grams? is that about right? and then i'll notice after ~5 hours? obviously i'm totally new to phenibut and not really sure what to expect

Thanks a lot!

edit: i also take it you eat the phenibut powder?

I wouldn't recommend mixing them at all.
If you're going to, at least get a feel for each substance (and your biophysical response to them) before combining.
Honestly, such a suggestion is a horror story in the making.

Edit - phenibut tastes horrendous!
At least dissolve it in a bit of water, it is very soluable. But I would not put that powder in my mouth (unless it was encapsulated or something...which is kinda pointless IMO). Just dissolve and chug that stuff down. Give it at least 4 hours before you consider taking more or anything else - the come-up is sloooooow.

stray cat-do you have tolerance with benzos??if not, 4 mgs of etiz will simply put you to sleep within an hour...you arent going to enjoy it..if you add phenibut, its not going to enhance much imo..kratom im not sure about..

phenibut isnt really a recreational drug imo..it can give you energy and make you more social but its not a drug id take and go to a party or social gathering...

^ agreed.
Good for loooong sleeps where you don't have to get up the next day til late afternoon.
....or is it just me?

If you mix them you're just asking for a mixed GABA-A and GABA-B tolerance and withdrawal. Definitely don't mix them.

I find phenibut rather messy.
Then again; I feel the same way about too many benzos.

If you can, I really think the best solution is trying to find a way of coping with your anxiety (breathing exercises/meditation/counselling/yoga etc etc) than to meddle with either class of GABAergics.

I'm not inexperienced when it comes to anxiety, by any means; but make of it what you will.

IDD, because the simple fact with Social anxiety is if you have a crutch drug like Valium you will just use it again and again and again. Instead of addressing the real issues i wish i hadn't got myself addicted to the crap. Its just a lazy way of dealing with issues

And not to mention if you ever end up in a Cold turkey situation, Brutal.