• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos phenibut vs benzos...

I would try to raise your own bodies production of GABA through Lysine along with glutamate. Maybe head to whole foods or sprouts if you have them. They have wild lettuce tinctures and Kava tinctures along with calif poppy ones and others. They're not hard acting complete anxiety killers like Benzos but they do help over time.

You should also give a good read on Adrenal Fatigue, that can cause a lot of anxiety if there are imbalances in your body. They sell kits that test for it, and if you do have adrenal fatigue there are supplements that will bring you to your normal levels.

Research research research my good man :D Benzos and phenibut are short term and will turn on you. Healthy living along with knowing your own bodies needs and out will help the most. Knowledge is power.

GABA is made from L-glutamine in the body. This reaction is dependent of LYsine. The more Lysine, the more GABA is produced..naturally.

GABA, the (benzo-like) inhibitory neurotransmitter requires adequate Lysine in order for its conversion from GABA's precursor - Glutamate - to take place.

from here http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/inde ... sine&st=30
Someone claims they reduces their use of benzos by 90% after using lysine.

Quote:
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004 Jun 1;101(22):8285-8.

Lysine fortification reduces anxiety and lessens stress in family members in economically weak communities in Northwest Syria.

Smriga M, Ghosh S, Mouneimne Y, Pellett PL, Scrimshaw NS.

Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., 210-8681 Kawasaki, Japan.

Lysine is a limiting amino acid in diets based on wheat as the staple. In experimental animals, prolonged dietary lysine inadequacy increases stress-induced anxiety. If observed in humans, such a result would have a strong implication for the relationship between nutrition and communal quality of life and mental health. As part of a 3-month randomized double-blind study, we tested whether lysine fortification of wheat reduces anxiety and stress response in family members in poor Syrian communities consuming wheat as a staple food. In the lysine-fortified group, the plasma cortisol response to the blood drawing as a cause of stress was reduced in females, as was sympathetic arousal in males as measured by skin conductance. Lysine fortification also significantly reduced chronic anxiety as measured by the trait anxiety inventory in males. These results suggest that some stress responses in economically weak populations consuming cereal-based diets can be improved with lysine fortification.

PMID: 15159538 [PubMed - in process]

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that, I wasn't aware of a lysine connection until now.

I almost certainly get pretty much 0 lysine in my diet.

Thanks for posting that, I wasn't aware of a lysine connection until now.

I almost certainly get pretty much 0 lysine in my diet.

Yeah np. There are lots of natural supplements along with proper diet ect that can help raise your bodies own GABA production. Also a person could be born with their body not being able to produce the norm amount of any said neurotransmitter (like GABA) just because of inherited genetics. These people tend to lean towards those drugs that their body is lacking in making.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3225873 It's a pubmed on L-Glutamic Acid, through decarboxylase using Vitamin B6 to synthesize GABA in the body.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/gaba-boosting-brain-foods and this one is about foods that can raise your GABA levels.

Anyway I'm a strong believer in trying to fix the root problem rather than going for the straight easy route of any said drug such as a benzo or opioid,(even though I sometimes have heh). But it is something to research on.

Adrenal Fatigue could maybe be causing you anxiety as well but is less likely. http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/what-is-adrenal-fatigue

Anyways hope some of that can help you. Cheers :D

Yeah np. There are lots of natural supplements along with proper diet ect that can help raise your bodies own GABA production. Also a person could be born with their body not being able to produce the norm amount of any said neurotransmitter (like GABA) just because of inherited genetics. These people tend to lean towards those drugs that their body is lacking in making.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3225873 It's a pubmed on L-Glutamic Acid, through decarboxylase using Vitamin B6 to synthesize GABA in the body.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/gaba-boosting-brain-foods and this one is about foods that can raise your GABA levels.

Anyway I'm a strong believer in trying to fix the root problem rather than going for the straight easy route of any said drug such as a benzo or opioid,(even though I sometimes have heh). But it is something to research on.

Adrenal Fatigue could maybe be causing you anxiety as well but is less likely. http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/what-is-adrenal-fatigue

Anyways hope some of that can help you. Cheers :D

This is a great start to researching amino deficiencies. Do you have any links to studies/websites that describe supplementing for dopamine and serotinin and norepinephrine deficiencies? increasing serotonin in long term buprenorphine patient? Bupe seems to effectively blunt serotonin production. I feel about 20% of my emotions while on it. Even after quitting I didn't feel normal(emotionally) for a few months whilst quitting heroin I was back to baseline in two weeks. Sorry went on quite a tangent.

Phenibut has some euphoria to it unlike benzos but takes WAY too long to kick in, depresses breathing if you do too much (I've done this due to how long it takes to kick in, my boy had his artery tapped or catheter or some such off 6 grams) and is much more physically addictive than benzos IME. I've gotten shaky after a single 100 gram tub.

If you MUST take a gaba drug for social anxiety it should be PRN. Phenibut takes hours to kick in which makes it a pour choice for PRN.

^ ya phenibut isn't a drug u just take becausw u feel bad. U have to plan out ur phenibut use ... Like 2moro I got job interview or something Imma pop Pheni 4 hrs before it. Thats another reason why it has less abuse potential... Takes too long to kick in lol

IMO phenibut is a horrible drug. Take too much and expect to puke all day the next day. It can't be used for recreational purposes really because you can only use it 2 or 3 days in a row and after that if you continue to use it you will feel like hell when you stop and don't expect to be back to normal for a week.

The only times I've had adverse effects from Phenibut is when I've dosed and redosed in stupid amounts in the span of a day, or when I've dosed two or more days in a row.

Other than that, I've never had anything except positive and life-affirming effects from Phenibut. I always put 2-3 days between uses and never dose more than two grams in the course of a day (usually taken all at once). I've even stopped for several weeks at a time and never had withdrawal, except for some minor (very minor) depressive feelings that were easily alleviated w/ exercise.

I don't get euphoria from benzos alone, unless it's incidental; comparatively, I do get euphoria from Phenibut, tho it's very dose-specific. Benzos are good for squashing sudden anxiety and panic attacks, but not so useful as a lifestyle drug; Phenibut is, or can be, provided that you absolutely positively do not dose every day. Those who say it's not recreational baffle me, as I'm not sure what they're expecting from this very very useful substance.