• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Phatties/Raver Pants... all about pants, pants, pants! *work warning*

most of em have already been listed...theres a few lil ones on Chaple St and one on Greville St in Prahran but other than inacoma, minstry and starnge days thats bout it...you can sometimes pick up pants from markets at raves etc etc...

If you're after the type of pants that can be worn to raves and also look HOT as everyday street wear, also try PERVERT!

I want some phat pants! but im in canberra :( is there a site i can order from? i must bring this fashion up to my town, so we can be hip and so forth... please help me

*starfalls69* said:
most of em have already been listed...theres a few lil ones on Chaple St and one on Greville St in Prahran but other than inacoma, minstry and starnge days thats bout it...you can sometimes pick up pants from markets at raves etc etc...

The one on greville st - called salt tank - has moved to another lil st of chapel

You can also pick up pants from op shops - i got a pair of ministry of style phats for $8 which is about a 10th of thier original price .... and i love them to bits!

Keep an eye out on ebay as well... every now and then there are a pair or two up there. I usually just do a search for "phat" or "rave".

Yeh, i just bought me a pair of light weight plain ones (really nice formal material too) from 3E concepts. They have now taken over my candy phatties that i got from stange dayze, i am thinking of selling them, but i might wear again one day, i'll see what happens...

It's good to see some positive (or at least not overwhelmingly negative) press about the rave scene in the media from time to time. Even if it is about fashion.

Rave reviews
By Janice Breen Burns
Fashion Editor
August 27, 2005

27FASHION_wideweb__430x239.jpg

TESSA Arnold's dreadlocks sprout in a tangle of pink and white and, though her pink "phat pants" suck in tightly around her hips; they are loose, and as wide as cake plates at the bottom.

She wears platform-soled shoes and looks like a Japanese cartoon character; a cyber-punk Betty Boop. Tessa can even glow in the dark; hoops and patches of fluoro fabric are sewn into her phat pants.

David Meill, of Fitzroy cult fashion store Ministry of Style, says Tessa's outfit (she works for him) is made for dancing, frenetically, for hours in the dark. If it looks a little strange, that's because to most of us, it is. Unless you're a regular at club nights such as 3D, Tune, Base Station or Hard Candy, and travel with your "crew" to city or bush rave parties where techno music blasts past dawn, then it's unlikely you're familiar with rave wear.

'They're mostly at night, the parties, but there are more now in the day,' says Meill of his teen and 20-something customers' social life. He says one at Dights Falls in Abbotsford on a Sunday afternoon — "just a couple of decks and a barbecue" — blew out from an expected 50 ravers to 400.

"This is a huge youth movement. Admitted, there's some bad connotations with the word 'rave' at the moment, the association with drugs, but it's really just about having a good time. It's like the rock concerts we went to at that age, but without the guitars. They're a nice crowd, nice people, and they come from everywhere — backpackers from all over the globe, and crews that fly in especially."

One crew flies from Tokyo for local parties, another from Malaysia, where Meill recently began to export his fashions.

"The party wear's been around since the 1960s," he says, "always developing, always changing with new generations, moving to the future. It's anti-mainstream, it's tribal, it's against the doppelganger look of fashion."

Kevin Basinger, of Prahran shop Salt Tank, also remembers 10 to 15 years ago when rave wear was a DIY-business — "a bit of carpet sewn on to a pair of happy pants". Now he sells his label Schminke (which means "clown behind a mask") in Australia, New York, London and Malaysia. "Next, we're taking it to Japan."

Basinger says high-quality phat pants, which can stand the rigours of a rave, appeal to local and overseas customers who get pickier every year: "They don't want some cheap junk that's going to fall apart."

He developed a denim with partner Gloria Duarte and an LA fabric manufacturer. "It's of a quality that'll take the stress and wear and tear of hours and hours of hard dancing, and it's light, it'll breathe and help keep them cool because, you know, it does get pretty hot."

From Saturday Age

Awesome find hoptis!

Great article, missed out on Inacoma and Strange Dayze, they're just as much a part of it as MOS and Salt Tank!

I can remember going to Two Tribes this year and a bunch of 'suits' were walking back, this older couple stopped us and asked "what are those pants you are wearing?" We explained that they were the most comfy pants and were great for dancing in. I also noted that they sometimes feel like you're not wearing any pants at all! I reckon they were keen for a pair themselves!

I love my jupiter phatties more than life itself, and Kikwear has supplied me with more than my fair share of big pants. You know the kind....so crazy sexy cool they need their own health warnings.

The only phat pants that are truly cool, are my camo phats...

Although they're not really 'phats', they're not even denim. But they were bought from inacoma. And they do flare in the leg, just not a ridiculous ammount.

I wear them anywhere... they're appropriate for any casual occasion.

And yes, I am one of those people who wouldn't be caught dead in your typical phats, on your average day (excl. events).

Since when do phatties have to be denim? I think it's the worst material for them personally

Looking for Phat pants...

Hi, im going to a thingy next month, and i want phatties!!! either to buy, or to make... does anyone know any aus websites where i can look at them?

Anything would be wonderfully cool.. please?

I have another question, how hard is it to sew stuff onto jeans?

im rather pov, thought i might give making my own a go...