• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Phatties/Raver Pants... all about pants, pants, pants! *work warning*

as long as your sewing machine or sewing needle is tough enough - really easy!! making phats is incredibly easy as you just insert material in the outer seam

i picked up a pair of ministry of style phats for $8 at an opshop so that is a good place to start looking :D

I'm just going to merge this with the existing phatties mega thread now :)

^^aww vintage is cool hahahah

i love phat pants .... i have far too many pairs for one person - i have about 5 pairs =D

i can't decide whether to go the fluffies or phats for two tribes

Phatts are good occasionally in my opinion. Personally, if im out there to dance a fucking heap, ill go in shorts. But after receiving lots of compliments im inclined to wear the phats more often.

c4_1_b.jpg

i won these!!

I don't mind phattie's at all. I think they add a unique edge to Victorian raves especially. I'd normally associate phattie's with ppl that are into the harder dance, bass station and hard kandy ppl. I wouldn't expect to see someone at onelove or seven in phattie's listening to John Course or Grant Smillie.

Personally i luved my phatties for about my first 6 months of raving and stuff then i sort of got over them or grew out of it i guess, theyr stored away in my memories cupboard now.
These days i like dressing up to go clubbing, places like onelove and seven you can dress up really girly & its fun but for big raves always go for comfort and pockets.
> also no offence at all arizona83 but IMHO i dont think wat you wear determines wat style of music you into. Im mainly into hard trance music but i also luv a lot of house/ electro music 2 & i dont think that i look like either. i just wear wat i like to wear and listen to what i like to listen to:D

Yes, memories indeed... taking my phatties for a last run in the Melbourne scene, though it will never be the same!!!

i agree with trancegirle cos im the same :D

still got the dillemma about fluffies or phats for two tribes

all the pockets are nice .... but then fluffies are soooo cute!!

hhmmm decisions decisions :p

Anyone have a pattern or some thing that describes how to make some doof's , im from the usa and I have no access to these and I dont feel like spending $200 us on a pair of pants when all my other clothes are like $20 and under :p

princess_kitti said:
i agree with trancegirle cos im the same :D

still got the dillemma about fluffies or phats for two tribes

all the pockets are nice .... but then fluffies are soooo cute!!

hhmmm decisions decisions :p

yeah it's a hard toss-up- pants= pockets or like fluffies and a skirt then lacking pockets :(

last event i went to I had knee high socks under em on and shoved one of those slim snap-close-business-card-holders (containing my $$ wrapped round my licence, even fits a packet of Extra) down one sock and my (slim) phone down the other. Was a good solution n kept my stuff on me, tho I did manage to palm off my phone to a mate wearing phatties =D

clayfig said:
Anyone have a pattern or some thing that describes how to make some doof's , im from the usa and I have no access to these and I dont feel like spending $200 us on a pair of pants when all my other clothes are like $20 and under :p

I can't believe I'm posting in here, I've never been to a rave in my life let alone worn a Phat pant (not even in the 80's) but I did find this:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/DjEtard/pants.html
Making Phat Pants
If you're anything like me, you work damn hard for what little money you make, which is why I still cry whenever I have to shell out $50-$150 for a pair of good raver pants. People, people, people! This is something that should not be! It has been pointed out to me that there is an antidote.
For this little venture, you'll probably need about 3 yards of whatever material you want. First, find yourself a pair of pants that fit properly (or however you'd prefer they fit) in the waist. Find some pieces of cardboard -- or posterboard would work too, I guess -- and fold the "master pants" in half, back pocket to back pocket. Trace the outline onto a piece of cardboard....but this is where you can get creative: you only have to stick with the actual waist measurement. You can make the legs as big and as long as you want (remember, you're going to need to make them a little bit longer, so you can hem them up at the bottom). Now flip the "master pants" over and trace this side onto a different piece of cardboard, taking as much liberty with leg length and width as you deem fit (hint: you don't have to do this, it's easier just to use the back side of the first cut out). It helps, when you're doing this, to number the patterns in the order you do them. Now fold the "master pants" front pocket to front pocket and trace both sides, again having fun with leg width and length. Cut out these cardboard patterns and trace them onto your fabric (hopefully they'll fit, if you didn't make the legs astronomically wide). If you want back pockets, make a pattern on the cardboard and trace this onto your material as well (or maybe onto different fabric?). Cut out these fabric shapes and bust out yer sewing machine (or you could do it by hand, but that gets really old, really fast, especially if you're like me and can't sew to save yer pathetic little life); sew the shapes together in order and put the pockets on the back of the pants, making sure to leave the top open and not sew them shut. (You might say "duh," but I only mention this 'cuz someone might do that.) And voila! Raver pants custom-made to your standards! Have fun with these; they're your creation. Add marabou, feathers, fur stripes down the sides, whatever.

If you have any other great Ideas like this one, E-mail them to me and i will post them here.