Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Phatties/Raver Pants... all about pants, pants, pants! *work warning*

Co_oKie_AnaLYsT

Bluelighter
Phat Pants

Phat pants whats your opinion? Do you associate them with the hard-core ravers or are they just an expression of what you wear. Do other states apart from melbourne wear phatties?

No other place other than australia calls it "packing the phatties"... as far as I hope :)

It's hardly an expression of individuality anymore, but as a raver uniform it does the job nicely - it doesn't scream kandy kid, but it's clear what the wearer likes to do on weekends.

They'll also cause much ridicule to be given in about the year 2020 when you show your kids some photos of you in your youth. Much like we laugh at dad's flares now. ;)

Its not a fashion trend yet in sydney

Tho the shuffle is being done more and more

Some cops will come up to you and want to search you because you are wearing phat pants, I have seen it happen here in Brisbane when the police were doing random searches before this big event few weeks back......

I'm not sure of any non-ravers that would wear them, so when you do see someone with them on you know they rave.

I haven't got around to getting a pair yet, I'm happy enough in my cargos.

difference between phat pants and doof pants, DQ?

and black track pants (not fleece ones) with the white stripe down the side suit me fine, zip up pockets fucking rule for not losing shit

well i always call mine phat pants anyway :p but to me the difference is that mine are home made (although i know some ravers make their own too) and i'm a doofer not a raver hence doof pants hehe ...seriously though mine look completely different from normal phat pants i think, they are made of courderoy (sp) and have fake fur at the bottom and patches and flames and things all over them...i dunno :\

They make excellent tools for smuggling pygmies into raves.

Pleonastic said:
They'll also cause much ridicule to be given in about the year 2020 when you show your kids some photos of you in your youth. Much like we laugh at dad's flares now. ;)

Flares still rock! Even in the 80's I thought they were cool. I'd have no problem being stuck in a permanent Saturday Night Fever timpwarp.

Do many people wear their "phatties" outside of going to a rave, like........at school, at work, going to the shops?

^^
my gf always used to say she saw people wearing them at uni. but i guess its pretty rare

Last edited:
my mate wears his outside raves but there plain phatties with nothing on them so he doesnt stand out that much

i have a pair but i only wear them when i go out to a rave or an all nighter thing, strictly for the pockets because they hold so much :)

i see people around ringwood area wearing them all the time to go shopping and shit, i think it looks a bit silly just to wear them to a shopping centre or something but each to their own

Yeah i agree, i only bust mine out if im gonna have a night out the town. Its great how you have to reach down to your ankles to get your wallet out of your back pocket. Im due for a new pair soon mine have served me well 2yrs of steady use.