• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love reading those tryptamine reports by Kaleida :)

She was a Bluelighter, right? Not around anymore from what it seems, so well written

Yosemite is gorgeous and a blast to hike through Yepyep. Just hope you're not hitting it in the wet season, which is now I think actually. I went last summer in either late May or early June and the mosquitoes were unbearable. Word to the wise, bring a face mask made of netting to keep them off you, you won't regret it.

I love reading those tryptamine reports by Kaleida :)

She was a Bluelighter, right? Not around anymore from what it seems, so well written
She used to be a mod here in PD for a short period actually. Became too busy to stick around if I recall.

Be in Yosemite 10-13. We got a permit for Half Dome. Chains arent up yet though, hopefully they go up before we get there. Actually found camping a month or so ago for two nights right at the Half Dome trailhead. Yosemite camping v
Books 6 months ahead of time so we got lucky

Just looked up that Yosemite park, that's awesome man, we don't have nature like that in West-Europe sadly. Enjoy :)

Yeah Kaleida writes some of the best TRs, and indeed she was a mod for a while as well as a Bluelighter. :)

Guys I had a really annoying, shitty day yesterday. I have this natural spring at the top of my driveway that drains through a PVC pipe under the driveway, and then joins to a black corrugated plastic pipe and snakes down my front yard into the stream at the end of my driveway. It became clogged the other day, and I went and bought a few things, the heavy-duty plunger seemed to do it. I spent the day redirecting some minor side flows and digging a trench so when it rains heavily the side flows don't go into the street.

Well yesterday morning it was blocked again so I went to rent a sewer line augur, it was about $80 for 4 hours with all the taxes/fees. Sent it down, and the water whooshed out of there with the sound of a flushing toilet and I was like yeah, it's fixed! But then to test it I put a garden hose in and slowly it filled up and overflowed, although it drained again, much more slowly, when I removed the hose. So I figured there must still be an obstruction, so I decided to send it down one more time. This time I sent it farther. All of a sudden in the middle of it, it backed up and stopped draining entirely. I pulled it back up and plunged again and then my girlfriend noticed the ground was leaking large amounts of water halfway down by the driveway. I sent it down again and it drained. Then it started filling up again.

Long story short, the whole line has large amounts of sand and tiny gravel in it, those corrugated black pipes have huge ridges that hold tons of sediment. The first time I sent it down it cleared it enough to flow decently, but the subsequent times, the augur ripped holes in the plastic pipe. And the sediment moved and resettled, and now none of the water makes it all the down to the end. Mostly it's shooting in several high-pressure streams out onto my driveway, which is already in pretty bad shape and needs repaving so it will dig a big trench down the side of it over time. I'm fucking pissed because I spent $80 to make it worse. I wish I had stopped after the first time, my only consolation is that the sediment would have continued to build up and shift and it would have blocked again, probably soon. So basically I have to dig up about 100 feet of pipe and re-build the thing. The worst part is that I have mortared stone steps that the pipe goes under. I want to replace it all with PVC until it gets clear of all the parts that gets walked/driven over (which the idiots who owned my house before should have done but they did all sorts of idiotic things I have to deal with now). But the hill will make it difficult because I'll have to plan it with specific angles to align with the angles available for the joints. I'm likely going to have to rent a jackhammer or else get a sledgehammer and chisel to chip away the mortar in order to pull up the stairs the pipe goes under so I can replace it.

It's gonna be a huge project, and I don't have tons of extra time. And every day I let it go, it damages my driveway more. And I also don't have extra money so I can't hire someone to do it. In order to do all the really necessary home repair stuff I need to (a) complete my divorce and pay my ex between $10k and $16k, and (b) get my house appraised in order to refinance my mortgage. And a big drainage problem reduces the value of my house. So it's kind of a catch-22. :|

Besides that my kitty has cancer, hyperthyroidism, and an enlarged colon. She and my other cat used to both be on the same prescription food, but it turns out she needs this hydrolyzed protein dry food so she can absorb it, and he needs to stay on the urinary wet food so he doesn't get another urinary blockage. Which would be fine because the dry food is cheaper, except that now they each only want each others' food so I have to watch them like hawks, and they don't want to eat it all at once so it's such a pain in the ass.

When it rains it pours I guess. I'm wondering when (or if) life can get a little less stressful for a while. 4 years ago every day was amazing and I felt relatively carefree almost all the time, now I realize for the last 2 years it's just been constant worry and stress and heartache and hardship. I'm pretty sick of it. At least I can drive again in 2 months and start going to the gym again, that'll help, although I also have to buy a car, so...

That really suck man. Yeah, you've been having a lot to deal with this past year. I guess things come and go in waves. Somewhere along the road everything will clear and life will be smooth again. Then the hardship will strike once more ... I'm currently living relatively carefree, and mostly just having fun, but I can see anxiety about future prospects slowly crawling in, eventually things will get complicated again, as they have been in the past.

Sucks that you've been having so many expenses lately. But luckily you seem to have a good job, money will keep flowing in, you can get it back later. We get anxious about that kind of stuff because our society is so MONEY centric (Welp, literally capitalism, a system revolving around capital), that we feel like we NEED to keep some sort of financial status and are so quick to renounce to so many things to maintain that ... But reality is, unless you are really struggling and threatened to loose you roof, you can always make thing work out some way or another. It sucks having to postpone other stuff for annoying expenses, I know about that, I recently had a mild but unexpected health problem and I've been throwing a lot of money at doctors and stuff. I'll have to get surgery in a couple of weeks and it will be costly. But anyways, I'll work for some months and will get the money back.

Has your girl already moved in with you ? Maybe since you'll be living together she can help you with some of that, I don't know.

Regardless, much support man!

Be in Yosemite 10-13. We got a permit for Half Dome. Chains arent up yet though, hopefully they go up before we get there. Actually found camping a month or so ago for two nights right at the Half Dome trailhead. Yosemite camping v
Books 6 months ahead of time so we got lucky
Happy for you, man :)
Would love to go up there someday. Looks beautiful.

I feel you... where are you from, buzz? I also wish there was more real nature in Europe
Belgium, northern part, so high population density.

I guess there is 'nature' in Europe, but since most countries are quite dense, it's not as pronounced as some of those huge untouched national parks that are in the USA for example.

One of the best things about the USA (actually, the best thing) is the nature. We have everything from pre-arctic plains to deserts to various kinds of mountains, to sub-tropical/tropical. Out west there is some staggeringly beautiful and unique stuff. And we actually have relatively unspoiled areas, not entirely of course. The west is so huge and it's such a desert, it will never be able to support a dense population everywhere so we'll probably get to keep some of that stuff indefinitely.

Has your girl already moved in with you ? Maybe since you'll be living together she can help you with some of that, I don't know.

Regardless, much support man!

Thanks man. yeah she's been moved in for like 6 months. She pays me rent/bills and helps out but since it's my house I don't really feel right asking her to help split the cost. But for example I need a new washing machine and we're gonna split that. She helps, she has money saved but doesn't make a lot. The extra rent money really does help a lot though.

I had an almost instant knowing that "Hey, This is my other half. The Divine Feminine to my Divine Masculine. We are spiritually married. We have known eachother better than anyone else since the dawn of all that is". It was pretty intense. It has leveled off a bit, but she is still in all my dreams. I still see here throughout the day. Sometimes as a smiling "cartoon" type character, othertimes as a human female.

Research Jung's Anima. Your experience sounds like contacting your Anima.

I am definitely on something of the psychedelic sorts, though suspicions leading me to believe it is an amp based hallucinogen rather than LSD as I had desired.

3 days in. first day was mild, micro dosed quarters.
Today, I'm on my 4th dose as of today, spaced out over maybe 12 hrs.
def dissociative mess, but seems way more amp and way less hallucinogenic...

I you are dosing three days in a row, then it's expected that the effects would feel more stimulating than "hallucinogenic".

Well, now this is a little awkward.... Didn't expect to see my name on the most recent page when coming back here after so long. >.> Just happened to feel like today was maybe a good day to pop back in.... In any case, I'm very glad you like my reports Buzz Lightbeer, and I appreciate the compliment. :) (Holy hell, the emojis!...) I have been largely gone for quite some time now and did initially leave mainly because life was becoming busier but it got much, much, much more complicated than that pretty quickly.... Part of what I actually first wanted to come here today to say was that I'd like to apologize to anyone (and there are a good few here) who I've failed to keep up a PM chain with or any other form of communication because I've just had way too much to manage lately and far too much uncertainty about my life in general right now to confidently discuss it on a regular basis as if I know what the hell I'm talking about, though if you are one of those people and you know some of what's going on with me already, I imagine that's probably not too hard to understand; still, I'm sorry for dropping the ball, and probably still not at the best place to pick it back up. Nonetheless, I felt that it was at least a good time to stop by here again and say hello so that's what I'm doing now....

So I'm sure that was cryptic as hell to everyone else, but that's okay. ? I hope everyone else here is still doing well enough in the meantime! I see you just got back on the mod team Cream Gravy?, congrats and a fitting position of course. :) Shadowmeister, I'm sorry to hear things have been stressful for you again, and I'm especially sorry to hear about your kitty. ☹ I know things have been hard for you in general lately too and I do hope things get better soon.... I will say at the very least you have those positive days to look back on and hope to work towards again, life being a series of ups and downs is probably about the best most people will ever get and certainly better than just a long streak of down, down, down... for whatever that's worth. yepyepwoah, I don't necessarily agree with everything in the whole discussion you guys were having (that's another story), but your recent life experiences are... relatable. And I hope you enjoy the fuck out of that camping trip!

Maybe I'll be ready to open up and share more too as I look around the forum again.... We'll see. For now though I really just wanted to say hello again and that I really do hope everyone here is doing well. ❤ This crazy world gets crazier by the day and I hope everyone is managing to stay afloat... and in the meantime still managing to enjoy all the esoteric recreation they can get. I sure am. :)

Some music, because why not?

Hey Kaleida! Glad to see you posting! I'd really like to get your comments on some TRs I've written recently. ;)

Mafioso, yeah it's true, generally I think microdosing is recommended for once maybe every 3-4 days at most, rather than multiple days in a row. I mean I'll dose psychedelics 2 days in a row but at 3 days it starts to get rather pointless. This includes microdosing as well. By the way a quarter of a tab is technically a low dose rather than a microdose, a microdose is in the realm of 8-10ug and should be barely perceptible. I prefer low dosing myself though, I find it more therapeutic. However low dosing will share more in common with regular dosing than microdosing in terms of development of tolerance.

Well, now this is a little awkward.... Didn't expect to see my name on the most recent page when coming back here after so long. >.> Just happened to feel like today was maybe a good day to pop back in.... In any case, I'm very glad you like my reports Buzz Lightbeer, and I appreciate the compliment. :) (Holy hell, the emojis!...) I have been largely gone for quite some time now and did initially leave mainly because life was becoming busier but it got much, much, much more complicated than that pretty quickly.... Part of what I actually first wanted to come here today to say was that I'd like to apologize to anyone (and there are a good few here) who I've failed to keep up a PM chain with or any other form of communication because I've just had way too much to manage lately and far too much uncertainty about my life in general right now to confidently discuss it on a regular basis as if I know what the hell I'm talking about, though if you are one of those people and you know some of what's going on with me already, I imagine that's probably not too hard to understand; still, I'm sorry for dropping the ball, and probably still not at the best place to pick it back up. Nonetheless, I felt that it was at least a good time to stop by here again and say hello so that's what I'm doing now....

So I'm sure that was cryptic as hell to everyone else, but that's okay. ? I hope everyone else here is still doing well enough in the meantime! I see you just got back on the mod team Cream Gravy?, congrats and a fitting position of course. :) Shadowmeister, I'm sorry to hear things have been stressful for you again, and I'm especially sorry to hear about your kitty. ☹ I know things have been hard for you in general lately too and I do hope things get better soon.... I will say at the very least you have those positive days to look back on and hope to work towards again, life being a series of ups and downs is probably about the best most people will ever get and certainly better than just a long streak of down, down, down... for whatever that's worth. yepyepwoah, I don't necessarily agree with everything in the whole discussion you guys were having (that's another story), but your recent life experiences are... relatable. And I hope you enjoy the fuck out of that camping trip!

Maybe I'll be ready to open up and share more too as I look around the forum again.... We'll see. For now though I really just wanted to say hello again and that I really do hope everyone here is doing well. ❤ This crazy world gets crazier by the day and I hope everyone is managing to stay afloat... and in the meantime still managing to enjoy all the esoteric recreation they can get. I sure am. :)

Some music, because why not?

Glad to see you :cool:

Man, I can sure understand life getting hectic. I had to take my leave late last year for a variety of reasons, and my life hasn't slowed down since, but now I'm at least home often enough to be spending time on BL and other free time passions.

That music you posted though... Gives me PTSD-like feelings from a job I had over a year ago. This supervisor I had was overbearing about playing HIS music only after closing time and it was almost always electric-pop-swing or whatever you'd call that genre. And it was always so loud I couldn't drown it out with headphones. Blech. Weird genre imo. But to each their own, such is the pleasures of music!

Hey Shadowmeister, I'll definitely check them out! I'm excited to see what you've written (and experienced)! :)

And it's good to see you again too, CG! ? Well, I'm glad you're back too and hope things at least aren't too hard for you at the moment. ❤ Yeah, I'm still pretty busy as well but now shifting back from a phase of actively working on and through a lot of shit back towards kind of just needing to maintain a routine to work towards the next big plan for until around the end of this year at least, so I've got some time to start doing more stuff like this again myself.

Haha, sorry to bring up those memories for you though. ? I love this kind of stuff for when I'm writing like for forum posts, it keeps my energy and momentum going without being distracting, but I seem to have a pretty high need for sensory stimulation to feel comfortable most of the time. Everything I listen to regularly is pretty loud or intense in some way, but that does include stuff like classical music too, which I would still say is pretty different overall from the EDM/swing type stuff, but not entirely unrelated. I'd probably grow to hate it too if I had a supervisor like that though, and everything else they liked lol.

Haha just in time, I got myself a killer birthday present and it arrived on the day. :) A Nord Electro 6 keyboard. I was using an Electro 5 with my new band and the guy who owned it left the band and moved. I have Electro 2 already but it isn't really enough for that band. So I sprung for the big upgrade and I'm so pumped. :) I am considering selling my Electro 2 to make up half the cost of the new one, but I think I'll keep it and use it as my at-home practice piano because right now I have a cheap one with unweighted keys that isn't great for practicing.

Fuck yeah I feel like a kid on Christmas. :)

Oh hai gang! Checking in from the bush doof. Actually surprised I get reception out here. Dropped ~2.5mg of DOC 40 mins ago, at midday. Very keen for this evening's festivities.

Just over 2hrs since ingestion and nothing but muld body load :( I desire to be transported over to the social TRIPPING thread haha

Status
Not open for further replies.