• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Overdosed, hospitalized, from first usage.

Rambo!12

Bluelighter
Hello all I am new here. Just wanted to tell my story of my brief and deadly dance with china white that just happened a few days ago. Maybe someone that browses on here will see it and they will decide not to try it....idk ye of little faith. I have had almost every drug you can imagine except for heroin, mainly because it wasn't really for me. Also, when I went to rehab for a while, the people coming down off H looked like they wanted to die any second. It was very odd looking back. All types of drug users under one roof. Xanax addicts living with heroin and meth addicts alongside alcoholics and mind bogglers. (what I call people that take a shit ton of mdma n lsd) All experiencing different comedowns, craziness.

Anyway, there I sat after a meth binge and I picked up a shit ton of heroin because I was drunk and xanaxed the fuck out. I was gonna pick up some
cokefor tomorrow, but my guy only had the H on him, so I said fuck it, Il give it a shot and bought a 300 sack.....yeah when I give something a shot, I spend 300 dollars on it...anyway I started railing lines of that shit like it was coke. I didn't do any research on how much to do etc. IF YOUR GOING TO TRY A DRUG RESEARCH IT, UNLIKE MY DUMBASS WHO LOOKS IT UP AFTER THE FACT. Took my first line at 5:30 in the morning. I threw up at work, at about 11, but I just kept taking it because I don't know, I thought I'd feel better after one I guess? Better answer to that question is that I am a fucking dumbass.

I got in an argument with my father, which added to the frustration, especially it being a physical demanding job. Imagine a guy thats used to going to work on meth show up on heroin....fuckin sucked. Anyway day finally ended, which felt like forever at the time, but now I can only remember bits and parts of it, almost feeling like it never happened. I started home seeing there was a shit ton of traffic as always, so I pulled over into a parking lot. I started hittin it hard. It was weird it was like I was taking it because I was mad at myself for buying it? If that makes any sense. I just wanted it gone, I hated this shit, I want coke. First thing that crosses a normal persons mind is, "Just dump it out." yeahhhh your not an
addict. Il be damned if I waste good drugs!

I had half the sack with me and half of it at my house. After railing the final line that I had, I licked up the rest on the mirror. I remember closing my eyes and it looked exactly like when star wars ships go into warp speed. Just stars flying by me. It was pretty dope actually. I could not feel a god damn thing, physcially or emotionally. I was literally sitting in my car punching my self and pricking myself trying to get some kind of feeling. I just wanted to sit there........it was scaring me. Then I saw that I was breathing EXTREMELY slowly and that I could not even swallow my own spit. These demonesque voices came quickly after. I couldn't hear them outside of my ears, but I could hear them in my head. It was like something was inside me, talking to me. My phone was out of battery, I couldn't move, and I am parked in front of a business that is closed for the night. These voices were telling me over and over again that this was it, I am a gonner. Telling me quite literally, "you are about to die." I struggled furiously to try and keep my eyes open and relax myself. This did not work as it does when I get too panicked on meth or coke and need to relax. I was too relaxed.

Realizing this I try to get out of my car, but its like I could move.....but not really. I could raise my arm, but it seemed like it was taking hours to get it from my hip to above my head. Like time didn't exist and I was just floating in space for all eternity. I eventually gave in, not being able to move and the drugs slowly taking over my consciousness, I closed my eyes seeing the stars rapidly go by once more and then the next time I opened them I was on the floor with 3 firefighters and 2 paramedics scrambling around trying to save me. I came to, seeing one of the mans faces. He looked shocked I was alive. There was an intense ringing in my ears that I could not shake for even a couple days after the fact. I literally couldn't hear shit. I could barely see, everything looked like I was looking through someone elses perscription glasses. I see the fuzziness around where mans lips should be moving slightly, but I can't hear what he is saying and I can't remember taking the Heroin during this time. So basically, I got a needle in my arm, laying on the ground, oxygen mask on, paramedics everywhere, and I don't know how in the fuck I got there or why for that matter.
I thought I was in a car accident or something.

I told the paramedic to yell at me while he was a couple inches away from me to tell me what happened. He said, my throat closed up and somebody saw me in my car. They stated that I was bright blue and not moving. When they got there they gave me a shot of Narcan (correct me if I am wrong) and slowly started to revive me. He started asking me questions, like how often I used heroin etc. I was like the fuck are you talking about, I don't do heroin. He kept asking, as I grew frustrated, not being able to remember my day. I eventually told him in the tiniest voice I could get out, "I don't remember. I've never taken heroin," and proceeded to pass out again. They put me on a bed, loaded me up in the ambulance, and took off to the hospital. I awoke again in the hospital room, where they hooked me up to some more machines, injecting fluid and nutrients into my barely alive body. As soon as I woke up, I turned over and threw up. This continued all night long. I did in fact do heroin and a shit ton of it.

I remember sitting in the bed dreading my families arrival. What are they going to think, what are they going to say, what are they going to do to me, are they judging me, do they hate me, do they love me, etc. rapidly going through my semi at best functioning brain. I was legally dead for 15 minutes. That is some scary shit. Some shit I never want to experience again. The unevitable talks that come after events like these with your loved ones sucked dog dick, but might have been the best thing thats ever happened to me. They are asking me all kinds of shit when I was laying on the bed in the hospital barely conscious. Like, "where are you getting these drugs?" uhh a fucking drug dealer DUH. "Were you trying to kill yourself." NOO!!! For the thousandth time, "you almost died, YOU WERE dead." I FUCKING KNOW! Like seriously, just leave me the fuck alone.

And then after a days rest, I considered how lucky I am to have a family that asks me these questions. They love and care about me, wanting what is best for me and heroin obviously is not one of those "best" things for me. My mom stayed up all night looking up foods to make, drinks, etc. to feel back to normal quicker and made those foods for me. My dad drove me to and from work at 5 a.m. because he was scared I wasn't "all there" in the head enough to drive safely, worried I would crash. Thats pretty cool.

However, I had to work, and couldn't tell my boss I overdosed on heroin for obvious reasons, so I just had to stick it out. That week has finally ended and these two days of rest are going to be essential. They said I could have a possibility of permanent brain damage, since my brain didn't get any oxygen for so long. I am feeling pretty much back in one piece now. They advised me to go back to my personal doctor for an exam to see if I fucked myself up more than I already have, so Il keep you all posted. Any advice on food, exercise, etc. would be helpful, as I realize that this is a discussion thread and not a story telling thread. However, I believe this is a good tool for those who havn't used encouragement to not start and for those that have quit to give themselves a pat on the back everyday they don't any longer. Thanks all, god bless.

Last edited:
Thanks for the story, hopefully it'll help someone quit heroin/not even start. Really glad that you survived it!

Ouch, you skipped all the fun and went straight to OD - glad you didn't get dead mate, and you didn't miss much fun. Opiate addiction and subsequent maintenance sux. Sometimes you wish OD upon yourself rather than to have to endure life on maintenance.

Last edited:
right? Given my reputation of loving drugs, I am certainly glad I can scratch this one off the list.

What priest said times 10. I just lost my best friend his name was Chance Rutherford. I went to my 21 year old friend's funeral last month. Heroin laced with fentanyl which is increasing in my city, New Orleans..

Rambo, Good God, what a fucked up story. Very well written too. Like I lived the shit.
Really happy you made it and shared your story. If it keeps one person away from H, it helped. Stay safe my friend.

@crisler... Sorry to hear about your friend. R.I.P Chance Rutherford.

Thank you eye dew Things, crisler, and Priest for your kindness. People you have never met or talked to in your life telling you that they are glad you made it and legitimately care because they know exactly what it is like is the coolest thing about this site.

crisler, I am sorry to hear of your friends passing. Seeing the pain you are in because of it, is unbearable and I was seconds away from putting my family and friends in the same boat. My dad literally told me a few days after, "You might as well have killed me too, if you didn't make it through that." That hurt bad. There is no way I should have made it through that. I was in a fully tinted car, in a closed parking lot, at night. After I came to a little bit at the hospital, I asked the paramedics to give me the name of the person who called it in and thank them. They said they had no idea who it was, as they wouldn't give their name, and weren't at the scene when they arrived. My family is very religious (me not so much) and are convinced that God intervened. I don't know how someone saw me and even if they did see me, just didn't assume I was sleeping or something. Whoever or whatever it was saved my life.

^You were never going to die of an overdose of those drugs on that day Rambo, no matter how hard you tried and you put in the effort. I don't know what you are supposed to do with your life while you are here on this earth, you will have an agenda, a rich tapestry of experiences that may span many many life times or just each one as they come or just this one, I don't know. The only part of your souls agenda that I do know is that dying like that on that day with those drugs was not going to happen, you were supposed to experience everything you did and what we call death was quite simply not part of that experience, self evidently. I wonder what's next for you? I wonder if you wonder too.

OR

You believe in "magic", with titles like "Dumb Luck" "Coincidence" and so on and so forth. It should be pointed out that those titles or to use a more accurate word - beliefs - are extremely important lessons for the soul, whether this version of you is aware of this or not. The soul is all knowing and is never incorrect, it is purposeful and never makes mistakes....what better lesson can there be for something that knows everything about everything than the lesson of ignorance, unawareness and my personal favourite for me - stupidity. Yes we can all ponder these things but experiencing is knowing and knowing is experience and I reckon all that is pretty damn cool man, cool indeed. Feel free to ignore me too it won't matter to me because I'm just too damn wrapped up in my own set of experiences to worry about anything else.