• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opium Oral dosage

choralhydro

Greenlighter
Got some opium containing paste coming from india and I haven't been able to find oral dosage amounts for Opium.

Would 60mg - 100mg be a good starting dose?

Any good potentiate for opium specifically?

Sorry to have seen this so late as it might mean you wont ever see it since some people just log for a day... anyways I had the same question some time ago and through intensive searching I was unable to find a clear answer until I studied the topic extensively.

Opium, if you mean the opium latex extracted directly from the plant which is a black gum that can be smoked too and was used traditionally in opium dens, is about 10% morphine by weight, so a good starter dose would be 200-300mgs assuming you are an opiate virgin, that will give you a good experience and not be too overwhelming, keep in mind that oral Opium lasts a long time it can last upwards of 12 hours with strong effects and it is very pleaseant but a little hard on the stomach.

200-300mgs of opium latex would give you 20-30mgs of morphine aprox which is a nice dosage for a newbie orally, keep in mind that for smoking you need less about .1 for smoking and that will give you a couple of good hits for a 1 hour session, there are some really strong strains of opium containing almost 20% morphine I believe but its extremely unlikely you have this ones and even if you had it 40mgs of morphine from 200mg of opium would still be a reasonable dosage for an opiate virgin, 300mgs if you had really really strong opium (unlikely) would be 60mgs and that would start being a little unpleasant with side effects such as vomiting for an opiate virgin so if you are unsure about the potency of your opium start with 200mgs to be on the safe side and go from there.

My first time I did orally 300 mg I believe and it was really nice and pleasant but lasted a looong time I took it at about 8PM and it lasted upwards of 16 hours it was crazy but very pleasant, I have done up to half a gram now and half a gram was a little too intense for me, consider opium has a lot of other alkaloids not just the morphine codeine and thebaine its not like eating Oxycodone or morphine pills its a different experience and its the only opiate that upsets my stomach but I assume this is because its plant matter I have tried doing tea and just eating it raw and tea didnt have any benefits and tasted gross I would just take it raw.

pure opium probably has a lot of the alkaloids that cause nausea- I would be sure to take benadryl beforehand. Also, I have never used H but long time user of prescribed opium tincture and it is very long acting- the alkaloids that cause itching sometimes don't even start until 12 hours later. It's also very hard to come off of because there are no prescription meds that contain all the alkaloids in the natural product so unless you take massive amounts of scripted stuff you may feel uneasy for 4-5 days after you stop even when taking other opiates. It's really not the nirvana it is cracked up to be- pleasant to be sure, but not worth risking jail time over.

I bought on two different occasions 1 gram of opium.

Decided the 1st time to 'chase' it ... didn't feel that much from it except some 'mild' relaxation and some nausea. Finished that 1 gram in 2 evenings.

A few weeks after that i thought id give it another try as my source assured me the quality was very good... same thing.

Din't eat it but just mention this that maybe opium is just not that potent, especially not when you eat it. That antihistamine is a good idea though.

my 2 ct

Start small. If you take it orally, remember that the full effects manifest after 1 hour to 2 hours. I would start with at most 100 mgs (if you aren't used to opiates). If you eat a big dose or if you come across a high (sometimes added) morphine content, you may harm yourself.
Smoking opium is safer than eating because you have control constantly. You can stop once you get the desired effect unlike ingesting it. You will need more material when you smoke it. Good luck.

Sixty to 100 mg of opium equals an oral dose of 6 to 10 mg of morphine base, meconate, pectinate, nitrate and other forms that are in opium As a starting oral morphine dose for the opioid naïve subjects is 5-10 mg, I would lay out two 50 mg dose and take them 90 minutes apart.

The oral to parenteral efficacy ratio of morphine is about 6:1, so if one is already on the Hillbilly Heroin, Nu Blues/Obama, Vikes, Pierrette, Palf, Dollies, Dummy Oil, horse, Miss Emma, D, high-dose Schoolboy, Aunt Tillie, or what have you, multiply your IV dose by six to get the oral dose of the midnight oil

but:

Consider that medicinal opium is standardised to 10 per cent morphine and 3 per cent codeine by weight but at the point it comes from the plant itself is 8 to 17 per cent. There are naturally-occurring and human-assisted South Central Asian poppies which can get up to 19 per cent, whilst the opium poppies yielding over 25 per cent appear to be restricted to Tasmania or at least they were.

Start slow as one can take more opium later but it is difficult to take less. Weighing a given amount of opium then dissolving it in 100 ml of mixture of water and ethanol and drinking it little by little is how I bio-assay opium when there is any question about its provenance and potency.

I have found that taking an antihistamine and DXM with opium is good, and I wash it down with Apfelsaft Gespritzt, carbonated water mixed with lemon-limeade or Coca-Cola as the bubbles drive the active ingredients through the stomach wall faster. So Alka-Seltzer Cold Medicine is always a big hit.

Also, even if started on 5-10 mg of morphine hydrochloride or sulphate, during acute pain treatment 15 to 30 mg are more common so that may be an intermediate-term goal if the opium doesn't have the expected kick -- titrate it a mg morphine equivalent at a time.

The stuff is tarry to solid and brittle and somewhere from very dark red to black, correct? If it is white, pink, grey or light brown, your paste could be morphine base aka Heroin No. 3

Last edited:
I have a small bit of opium from my garden managed to lance them myself. The colour is more brown though? Is that normal? Also the taste is horrible, do you think its ok to mix it with honey and eat it?

It's normal. As long as you are carefull with the amount, it doesn't matter how you ingest it. You will feel the full effects in an hour to two so be carefull with redosing. Good luck.