• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Once a month MDMA use. Anyone notice long-term side effects?

I have been using it on an average of once a month for 7 years. I have stopped here and there and have binged here and there but never Super heavy. I am positive that I overdid it. I still have zest for life and have come to grips, but I did have an opiate addiction for a few years there that I think was exaggerated by the MDMA hangovers. I have been very slacky with everything and am not as motivated as I used to be, but that could just be getting old. I really do feel dumber, though, and I know that has a lot to do with MDMA because I partied for YEARS, like 15 years with NO MDMA and felt great and had no memory problems, etc. and boy I used to smoke lots of weed.
I dont do opiates anymore, I will still dabble in E here and there but if I could turn back the clock I would of done WAY less.
I had an amazing time and I wouldnt trade those times for anything, but I think I could of just done them with a little less damage. Then again, I think I kept my wits a fair amount. I rarely redose throughout the night, I keep my doses light. It doesnt matter, I still feel the neg. effects.
I didnt feel them for YEARS but when I started to, I didnt even really realize it until I got myself out of the fog and cut the fuck down.

I would say once a month was good for a couple years for me personally, but I could of done better. Now I am exercising to help recover from the party years. The party years are still here I just party better now. MDMA becomes a short cut we get used to. I want to get used to the long way home again. Psychedelics more often than mdma.

Using once a month (or even sometimes more often) definitely never left me with some negative after effects but it must be the real stuff - MDMA, no garbage from Ecstasy pills they sell. I've never used MDxx on a regular basis but I sure like snorting MDMA, especially if it's 1:1 with MDA. I do have a problem because I suffer from BPD and anxiety has been a problem for me since I was a kid. But I haven't noticed MDMA or other similar entactogens and psychedelics to have made it worse.

The day after MDMA, I feel very spacey and sketchy and tired and I can't seem to remember everything. Sometimes the next day I still have troubles remembering things. But then I'm fine. I make sure I get lots of sleep, drink water, take vitamins, eat healthy, and then I feel fine. I used to do like twice a month when I started (sometimes more *oops* before I found this forum and actually realized what I should be doing). But that was maybe for a couple months max? Then it wen to once a month since then, like for the past year (just under a year).
Lots of things in my life have changed since then so I can't give any conclusive evidence about it. I don't think it has changed my cognitive abilities though.

My memory is fucked. I cannot say for sure this is MDMA however. Certainly the people who were alongside me pill for pill have no such memory problems, and I did sniff a lot of solvents as a youth and was a HEAVY smoker of weed for 2 decades. But one or more of these things has trashed my memory. I cannot remember names, dates, events etc. I even struggle with the birthday's of my kids despite writing them out like 50 times to force myself to remember. Certain things just will not go in no matter how hard I try. Also my memory of my life is pretty bare. I don't notice it at the the time so much (other than constantly forgetting appointments, letters to be filled in and so on) but as the months and years go by, my wife and friends can recount things we did and I barely recognise them.

But as I say I cannot be sure this was MDMA.

used once a month for three years sometimes more sometimes less most of these pills were all verified off pill report as the real deal as it was a well known website amongst friends at the time, memory is fine so is cognitive function although have had minor hppd symptoms for two years and occasional brain zaps, havent touched MDMA in a couple of years and probably wont again, abstaining from canibus and other drugs for a year after hppd symtoms first arose really helped bring me back to normal.

Lots of people who use MDMA are likely to use cannabis or ketamine or other drugs.

So you might not be getting pure answers.
I think that too much cannabis leads me to be depressed, anxious and generally a layabout.
But less of it , i find it a positive thing to use, less back pain for a period of time where i can relax :) (Also makes my appetite increase, im lifting weights atm and im seeing some gain going on ! im liking it)

When i first started to use mdma though,
I was only using mdma no other drugs, not even alcohol. I was suffering the worst comedowns ever back then, but ketamine seems to smooth them

I use to be on the monthly train, average 3 pills. It worked for a few months but then things caught up with me, but i'm different. I'm the type of person that looks for differences and i already knew a good amount of information regarding mdma damage beforehand . So my case is different but i would say the once a month thing can work for only so long before you really start noticing impairments like anxiety or slight depression. Note if you are only using mdma and nothing else you can probably ignore these things easily, but if you are a poly drug user you tend to notice the changes mdma brings much more easily.

I think you paranoid man, mdma once a month seems to be extremely safe thing
try another supplier and throw your prozak in the garbage

I think you paranoid man, mdma once a month seems to be extremely safe thing
try another supplier and throw your prozak in the garbage

You should read up on the potential for ssri's to block neurotoxicity. I should state that I am not perscribed prozac and only use it post-MDMA.
Also I never said there was anything wrong with my supplier.
Also I'm definitely not paranoid....I haven't done THAT much MDMA ;p

Is there any good evidence that taking an SSRI after taking mdx reduces neurotoxicity?

Is there any good evidence that taking an SSRI after taking mdx reduces neurotoxicity?

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v01n3/01305neu.html
As with much of the research associated with MDMA, this particular study was performed on rats, so I obviously cannot say with any certainty that it will help us homo sapiens. But if there's a precaution, I'll take it. Have done tjis multiple times without any perceptible ill-effects.

i started july 2010 and have averaged exactly once a month up until now. i would average about 3 rolls (always tested) each use. i have skipped months before and also done it more than once a month (this past month i did it 3 times)...i wouldn't say that it has affected me all that much other than maybe for a few days afterwards i often get a little foggy and unmotivated, however i find that i get those same effects no matter what substance i use. 5-htp and vitamin c seem to help with the days after. i've dealt with anxiety for years, so when i get it i don't attribute it to rolling. i have noticed that the last few times i've rolled tho that it just isn't as fun as it has been in the past and i got pretty sad bc i used to really enjoy it. i want it to be special every time, without having to take absurd doses. i'd say my honeymoon phase has come to an end and this has motivated me to take a 2-3 month break starting now and space it like that from here on out before i begin running into problems.

I don't use MDMA anymore, but back when I did I'd use very often and irresponsibly, eventually it caught up with me and I too can relate to Seattle_Stranger. After stopping use for almost 5 months now the brain zaps have finally stopped.

5 months of brain zaps.... fuck. feel so sorry for you, a week of zaps is annoying enough

I don't use MDMA anymore, but back when I did I'd use very often and irresponsibly, eventually it caught up with me and I too can relate to Seattle_Stranger. After stopping use for almost 5 months now the brain zaps have finally stopped.

just out of curiosity what does very often and irresponsibly mean? could u be a little more specific?

i would say that i might have changed a little from mdma but i couldnt say for sure cus not all my pills were real if you know what i mean i went like two years of constantly partying even like as much as 3 or 4 times a month but i also took 5htp daily and ate good meals. If you know its real mdma than once a month shouldnt be that bad but they say once every three gives the most pleasure

Honestly, i have some short-term memory problems, but like the majority of rollers, i also smoke weed and I had these problems before my first roll. So i attribute those problems purely to weed, because after rolling 10 times I have not seen my memory or anxiety etc. get any worse. When I slow down on thc consumption, i feel a lot better mentally, while i have not stopped the once per month of mdma. mdma, imo, is safe. Drinking coffee every day for a lifetime seems much more damaging than once a month mdma use.

Daily use of weed reduces reversibly the short-term memory and the learning capacities.

Drink one coffee per day cannot be worst than taking mdma once per month. Natural coffee even provides of benefits in health as some recent studies found: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food

Coffee is not a chemical with less than 100 years of use. Coffee is not neurotoxic when overdosed.

Coffee when overdosed, can of course, create health problems.

But: from my point of view, from both drugs at reasonable dosages, coffee is healthier :)

Coming back to your main question: if you dont overdose or combine, you will be perfect :)

Ps: i love both coffee and mdma hahaha

its always about quantity with any fruit in life. we all build tolerances over time. so rollen on special days is the way to go. whatever u do have fun :D peace..

I should have listented to you guys. I took MDMA 9th of December and had very strange anxiety for the next few days, but then felt much better. I then took it again about 2.5 weeks ago and sunk into the worst depression I have ever experienced. The depresson seemed to disappeared after about a week but I've been noticing lately that things get to me much easier. I often feel tired, run down, and slightly depressed in the evenings. Minor problems with my girlfriend seem huge, I am plummeted into bouts of negative thoughts. I am getting better at regulating these negative thoughts but it still bothers me as they are much more prevelant than before.
Needless to say, I am never taking MDMA again.
Has anyone else had experience like this? How long does it take to get better?