• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

Idk, Intervention sadly enough kinda gave me a visual as to how to use drugs. Perhaps not what they were after huh?

Check out Sandra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBnk76hkjQ&NR=1

At 3:45... "I took an Opana ER first thing in the morning along with a Seroquel then I went and had a suboxone..." It showed her with her RX'd suboxone in the previous scene too. How is she gonna do Opana then take her suboxone without going into precepitated w/d?

She's prlly making it up on one level or another.

Although at one minute and eight seconds she's got a fucking fierce nod going on, looks good.

has there ever been an episode of Intervention with someone who uses E as their DOC?
i dont remember ever seeing one..

Honestly, this is a fucking stupid thread.

Intervention is real as fuck. You can't fake someones familly so upset there histerical with tears, or an addict buying a stamped bag of dope, cooking, and shooting; I mean I guess you could but I don't know I'm just convinced it's real.

This has become my favorite show on TV recently.

I always am sitting there rooting so hard for them, that they make it through rehab and find a new, clean way to live. The success stories never fail to make me shed a tear, and I don't cry easily.

I do not think it's at all fake, in fact, I think it is about the "realest" show on television these days.

Who's yall's favorite interventionist? I like Candy Finnegan. She seems to strike just the right balance between compassion and tough love, and she always has such good advice for the families.

has there ever been an episode of Intervention with someone who uses E as their DOC?

They haven't had one where ecstasy was the main drug of choice but they've had a few polydrug users. I believe Brooks (the one confined to a wheelchair) and John T. (the DJ) both used E in their respective episodes.

Who's yall's favorite interventionist? I like Candy Finnegan. She seems to strike just the right balance between compassion and tough love, and she always has such good advice for the families.

I agree, Candy Finnegan seems to be the most genuinely concerned interventionist on the show. I can't stand Jeff van Vonderen though, he says the same exact things in every intervention. I understand it's a good idea to have a general idea of what you're going to say but everything he says sounds incredibly fake; it just doesn't seem like he cares as much as the others, in my opinion, at least.

they wouldnt have one. MDMA is not physically addicting. Intervention mostly focuses on those who are deeply addicted both physically and emotionally, to the point where if they were to get sober they would need detox and rehabilitation. MDMA is not a drug where you would need detox and rehab. Although it can be very mentally addicting, it is never going to get to the same point as a heroin addiction or a methamphetamine addiction, so you're never going to see someone on that show who's hit the "rock bottom" stage (which is how they portray the users on there, and they're right sometimes they are at rock bottom) because of MDMA.

As the poster above me said, there have been episodes where they have had MDMA (or suspected MDMA) in them, however it was never one in which it was their DOC

Honestly, this is a fucking stupid thread.

it cant be a "fucking stupid thread" if it got you to share your feelings on the topic at hand. 8)
that's kind of what threads are for

they wouldnt have one. MDMA is not physically addicting. Intervention mostly focuses on those who are deeply addicted both physically and emotionally, to the point where if they were to get sober they would need detox and rehabilitation. MDMA is not a drug where you would need detox and rehab. Although it can be very mentally addicting, it is never going to get to the same point as a heroin addiction or a methamphetamine addiction, so you're never going to see someone on that show who's hit the "rock bottom" stage (which is how they portray the users on there, and they're right sometimes they are at rock bottom) because of MDMA.

As the poster above me said, there have been episodes where they have had MDMA (or suspected MDMA) in them, however it was never one in which it was their DOC

hell yeah it is! lol there have been 2 different occasions where i went a month without doing it [only been doing it for a year] and the first time--after about 3 weeks i was an emotional wreck [crying and terrible mood swings because i wanted to do it]
the 2nd time wasn't as bad--but i notice that when i'm on a break from rolling i get drunk a LOT [like 3x a week as opposed to one or twice a month normally]

Candy is really good, she really strikes a chord with some of the addicts on the program. My personal favorite is Jeff VanVonderen. I think he does a good job with the really tough cases, he knows the best way to put the people at ease when they first come in and he knows how to handle them when they're particularly recalcitrant.

Well, they did have that episode with robofiend Ben.

...LOL

I think the show sensationalizes addiction -- and the behaviors/desperation that accompanies addiction. To me, the producers seem to be trying to appeal to the voyeuristic nature of some viewers by showcasing people who are in a crisis (presumably). So, it would not surprise me if some episodes were staged.

By the way, what is with the "addicts" spelling their names letter by letter in the intro (e.g., "My name is Michelle, M-I-C-H-E-L-L-E") wtf?

the 2nd time wasn't as bad--but i notice that when i'm on a break from rolling i get drunk a LOT [like 3x a week as opposed to one or twice a month normally]

in the name of HR, you should watch yourself on this. Substituting one drug issue with another (especially substituting one that isnt physically addicting with one that is physically addicting) can lead you to a lot of problems.

wouldnt want to see you on intervention ;)

Well, they did have that episode with robofiend Ben.

...LOL

dont even get me started on that 8)

It's real

It's real, because one of the addicts was in the same recovery program as someone i know.

i just saw this one where the drunk mom fell and was passed out on the front lawn
the crew did nothing to help her, and instead filmed the boy riding his rollerblades by his mom on the sidewalk, with her just lying there

made it feel very staged, like they just left her there for the ratings

Aerosol can bitch was the funniest, especially when the police went to her door.

"Ma'am, it's the police"
"The PO PO?"

But it bugs me how ungrateful these bitches are.

This one episode this girls husband worked from 5:30(am) to 5(pm) and had to come home, do the dishes, clean the house and play with the kids.

All while the wife was sitting on the couch taking percocets (I think that was it).

And after the intervention it said they got divorced..

Honestly with today's US media, I would not be surprised if it was fake.....Some of the stories just seem so fake, I saw one with a kid being filmed buying his Heroine from a hispanic drug dealer who was with a gang.........I know for a fact real dealers would not be cought dead being seen on film selling drugs....diff in so cal.

I dunno tho some sad stories but alot of it seems so fake,, anyone can fake cry for money etc.

Yeah, it's real. I went to high school with a kid that was featured. He is very much a legit meth head.
As far as favorite episode; It's a toss up between the duster bitch, and the alcoholic/tweaker stripper that would wander around her derelict apartment naked.