• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[NSW:Byron]Splendor in the grass 2006 July 22 & 23 REVIEWS!

^ I'll tell you for free that once I'm onsite, I won't be leaving, so a pub is out for me.

Just make a decision. "If you book them, they will come".

I say go with Loud247's plan. 2pm (just before Sarah Tonin) at the entrance to the Tipi forest where the big red X is (be warned, the X may not actually be there in real life)

It's easy to find, easy to run away from if that shifty guy in the corner is eyeing you off, and close enough to everything that you don't even have to make a whole lot of effort.

SplendourMap.jpg

if you can spot pop's head, you have issue...

look for the tallish guy with a bald melon, it sticks out like dogs pink dick

in other news.. Clap your Hand and say Yeah have cancelled, butterfingers have replaced them, and i dare say now that the secret act is MC Lars :p

I will be attending Splendour..its going to be better than the schoolies cruise FO..

edit: solicitation and sourcing is not allowed - leecie

Last edited by a moderator:
as for me - look for the 6ft tall-hyperactive-singlet-wearing-dreadlocked-goon-with-a-beer-in-each-hand-type-guy...
wait...
that just describes half the bloody blokes in the grass...
d'oh

i'm down for my idea (hahahaha) everyone else agreed??

-=DLouD247=D-

Yeah Tiki forest at 2pm sounds good, not too early not too late!

loud247 said:
as for me - look for the 6ft tall-hyperactive-singlet-wearing-dreadlocked-goon-with-a-beer-in-each-hand-type-guy...
wait...
that just describes half the bloody blokes in the grass...
d'oh

i'm down for my idea (hahahaha) everyone else agreed??

-=DLouD247=D-

Make that 2, im about 5'11 with dreadlocks... Im sure we will blend in just fine, the non-dreadlocked ones will be the odd ones out! Just like mardigrass at Nimbin, there were more people with dreadlocks than without

Dear Leecie,
If you could do that same "No Rain Dance" you did for Good Vibrations it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
NJ

It is possible I will meet up there but probably not. If I bump into anyone called LouD247,renjii,pops,nickyj,IWoody,Bearnan21,villz, mary poppins, ETC during my travels then that will be pretty cool...

However, anyone reckon there'll be a TV with Fox anywhere on site??? I don't really want to miss the tri-nations at 5.30 on Sat. I know, I know its all about the music...um not for me! Some of the bands I know but most I don't so rugby would be great to watch while I get my breath back.

I'm shit out of luck aren't I?

2 more sleeps till Friday!!!!

go into town to watch it

100% the great northern, the beach hotel, the railway hotel and the bowlo will have it on

AND THERE WILL BE FUCK ALL PEOPLE IN TOWN...

coz they are all at splendour ;)

catch the bus there and back before and after the game, and everything will be hunky fuckin dory

As much as that is a great plan, if I do that then I will probably miss most of something for kate who start at 7.30...

Fuck it, it's only the boks. You guys thrashed them last week anyway so it would be a non event. I'll save my support till when we wreck the wannabies again in the next Bledisloe. ;)

^ Come to the meet up so I can urinate on you :D

This doesn't actually mean I'm a definate for the meet up. You know, bent out of my tree and all that

so it's decided - meetup at 2pm at the big red X pop has so kindly illustrated... (that's at the entrance to the tipi forrest just before sarah tonin comes on.

can't fuggin wait - all i gotta do is pack tomorrow, sort out rides, work tmr night, then it's up early for the big drive...

mind you brisbane/goldies - i heard a vicious rumour that there are roadworks going on somewhere between coolongatta and lennox heads - anyone know anything about this?? as i dont wanna be stuck on a snail trail at 3 in the afternoon on friday...

-=DLouD247=D-

SEEYA ALL THERE FUCKERS!!! HAHAHHAHA CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!

^ I heard the same thing. I won't be leaving till 6ish so hopefully eveyone decides to go early.

nickyj, sure I'll be there. I'll be the guy not wearing his All Black top ;)

Ahhrg, there had better not be road works, what a way to dampen the mood! I had planned to leave friday morning, but people we are giving a lift to cant get out of work. So looks as if we will be joining most on the pilgramage south...

So no one is else is staying at the adjacent campgrounds??

Really hope to see a few of you there, tipi forest at 2pm, dont forget!!%)

Showers are ok...hopefully it get really muddy. Was anyone at Indy a few years ago when it pissed down and everyone started sliding around in the mud? That was cool and needs emulating!

The worst thing on that report in the dangerous surf conditions and Easterly winds. I wanna have a surf while I'm there! Hopefully dangerous actually means 6ft and barralling....

One more sleep! And then a 4 hour drive I'm sure....

Pete was fucking awesome! He's cool as, has an awesome band and really sounded magic. Definitely my favourite by far! Also enjoyed the Grinners and Snow Patrol.

Anyone else go to the cig tent next to the Saloon Bar? It was pumping! We spent heaps of time in there both nights, but last night was definitely the best. The DJ was right on the money and he got the crowd amped as fuck!

Not a chance of meeting up any BL'ers on sat. The lines for beer tickets, then beer, then cloakroom (thanks honey..) took care of my first 2 hours nicely.

Great weekend, great people and will be there next year!

mad wknd..tried to find this meetup, but noone around..

i was sober the whole wknd :(

Last edited by a moderator: