• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Sniffer dogs to patrol clubs (Melb)

What'll be next? Isosafrole-on-a-chip, of course :)

If they start using electronic noses, I'll start using electronic smells (or start making everything "smell" like a chemically similar compound).

It's like copy protection - Everything they come up with should be defeatable. We just need the right people on the right side of the line.

sorry... slightly off topic, but i still gotta post this here.. makes me laugh every time i think about it..

we r standing in line for an event in sydney, the dog's doing the line, then it just bolts towards this guy standing about 10 meters away, trying to sorta hide out in the trees.... as the dog bolts towards him, he says:

"OH NO, NOT AGAIN!!"

thanks to that random dude from hyperspeed last year... keeps me smiling... :)

lol, that's an absolute pissa.

Are these dogs meant to actually enter the club premises, or just sniff the lines out the front? I bet i can pick what clubs they'll be targetting as well.

id presume the dogs wouldnt be allowed into the club unless the cops have a warrent?

Witch Doctor said:
id presume the dogs wouldnt be allowed into the club unless the cops have a warrent?

I'd guess as the dogs are technically "police officers" they can wander in just like any other cop...and if not I have no doubt it would be legislated as such.

What happens if the dog picks you up, and you dont actually have anything on you, say you were handling pills at home and smoked a joint in the carpark before trying to go in (nfi how sensitive the dogs are to drugs..). They search you, you're clean. What happens then? Do they just give you a silly warning and set you on your way? What then happens if you get back in line? The dog's already picked you up, so will prolly try and do so again, but the coppers have already searched you and come up with nothing. I'd assume they would pass you over.. what if you decided to nick up to the car then and grab your stuff?

Also, I assume that theres prolly gonna be like 1 dog at a club. How about some kind of 'decoy' person? Someone who volunteers to spill a bit of bong water on their shoes in order to detract the dog's attention for others.

I've been fortunate enough not to have to deal with sniffer dogs.. and I was really hoping that I never would have to. Its unfortunate that these sort of things have to happen purely so that the (non-drug taking) community can sit back and think that something important is being done about drug use. Picking up the higher-end of the drug trade takes too long, and just doesnt happen often enough I think for people to be happy. They dont care about the politics or civil liberties of the people the dogs are used on, 'people who go to these night clubs are dirty drug addicts.. sif they deserve any rights..'.

What I'd like to see are your good christian ladies being picked up by the sniffer dogs. I'd say you would only need that to happen a few times before there would be a huge uproar about people's rights being abused.

stace.

stacyrox said:

What I'd like to see are your good christian ladies being picked up by the sniffer dogs. I'd say you would only need that to happen a few times before there would be a huge uproar about people's rights being abused.

The thing is really there is almost no chance of this happening as the police will only target places they know thay can get atleast one arrest.

Not sure I agree with comments here regarding loss of civil liberties. A drug dog sniffs you, you have drugs on your and/or have been taking drugs recently: you get searched. What's so hard to understand? You have broken the law. A little personal responsibility would go a long way.

Many people who go to clubs take drugs. This is widely understood. Whether you take drugs yourself or not, if this isn't an image you're comfortable with (an odd notion on this forum) then perhaps you should steer clear.

Not that I agree with the idea of drug dogs in and around clubs, as I don't believe that is the solution to any perceived problem. It just seems to add worry to what should be a happy night out.

Cactii said:
Chase the ten pack dealers Bracksy, thats the best way to stop the drug trade........LMAO

I thnk they have ran out of ideas

The argument that trying to stop the end user of drugs wont work is flawed, to a certain degree.

If you can discourage users from wanting to buy/posess/take drugs because they run an increased risk of getting caught, demand for illegal substances will go down, thus some suppliers might get choked out of business, manufacturers might find that they're not selling enough to support production, etc.

Obviously it's no panacea for their percieved drug problem. The only real solution is to accept that drugs are going to be used no matter what they do, and to minimise the harm done to users and society at large, it's best to work with drug users, not against them. Anyway, my point stands - it's not entirely stupid to be discouraging users through methods like this, although there are far more efficient ways to spend the tax payer's dollar.

:)

This really made going out in Sydney unenjoyable, even if you were not up to no good they would come into the club and turn on the lights, ruin the night for everyone there.

They also came on to trains, etc... was just pathetic considering the very small impact it has on the bigger problem in relation to organised crime, and the disproportionate impact it has on the life of someone caught with a small quantity (e.g. someone who is a good person, works hard, pays taxes, helps the police catch real criminals, etc).

Of course we are all preaching to the converted. Just means you end up enjoying yourself at home or house parties more than going to clubs, probably hurts the club owners more than anyone?

well this is one of those moments when u don't know weather to laugh or cry people.

But seriously don't they anything better to do like go after rapists and such

i thnik anyone who lives in these sniffer dog aareas should fuck with these dogs as much as possible... chopping up a few ounces of marijuana leaf into a fine powder and sprinkling it all around the front of the club should do the trick, or any of the other methods mentioned above :)

if they cant show any results then hopefully it will just go away??
damn them all to hell, soon they will ban glosticks as 'drug parephenalia' ala USA

SeveredPsyche said:
Not sure I agree with comments here regarding loss of civil liberties. A drug dog sniffs you, you have drugs on your and/or have been taking drugs recently: you get searched. What's so hard to understand? You have broken the law. A little personal responsibility would go a long way.

how about we live 1984 style with everything monitored.... u let things like this creep in, next thing u know everyones being drug tested every month etc..... its simply not right

eze451: I don't get the anology. What are you trying to say?

As I've said, I don't agree with the dogs. But I don't think you can cry foul when you're caught breaking the law either. You just need to be a bit sneakier.

I also don't agree with random drug testing for the sake of it. If you've had a car accident or are a pilot etc. then I think it is warranted, but not if you're on public transport or walking down the street or going to a party.

sniffer dogs

searching clubs for drugs is an outrage , this would greatly change my mood while partying.If they got grounds to search clubs. why not pubs,malls,librarys,schools,banks.e.t.c. drugs are everywhere and taken everywhere.They are fighting a losing battle because demand will never be illiminated.

Im starting to wonder if bracks hasnt been paid off by some sort of organized crime establishment

My reasons are as follows.

1. If you got your pills/lou busted on a night out and you had already had something in most situations i would think the avg punter would buy more.

More money for the head honcho dealers.
Possibility punters will resort to cheaper more dangerous drugs like G.

2. Cops bust jimmy B Raver with 8 pills, he was trying to sell a few too mates to get a free nite.

More money for the head honcho dealers as more demand is created.

3. Busting all these freelance dealers out the front of clubs and in some situations inside clubs.

Club commissioned dealers will have no trouble making a getaway with aid from staff ect; Effect? Head honcho dealers get richer.

The cops should call this operation ( We dont have balls to fuck with organized crime so we will support it buy fucking with its end of the line customers get credit, and increase the demand from the head honchos )

Yay !!!!! their goes hard working jimmy B Ravers pill stash NOW a murdering tycoon can buy another ferrari, gee GREAT FUCKING WORK COPS!

All this after MDMA Is being used for clinical psych trials on PTS patients in the US, and as much as the cops say it i bet the G is just a lameass exuse to bust punters using a drug thats no more dangerous the alcahol.

Guys if you dont want Australia to keep heading into this totalitarianist style of governing VOTE IN LATHAM, because "Howards an asslicker"

Its americas fault :( *burns flag*

ahhhhh I can't wait till the lawsuits start rolling in...

This is an invasion of our rights, privacy and our so called right to "freedom".. This must not stand, and I doubt it will.