• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Nightclub drug blitz (Brissie)

What I don't understand is why the pigs have to frisk and search every pocket, ciggerette packet, rolly packet, wallet, shoe, etc even after the sniffer dogs have already sniffed and disregarded the "suspect" as not carrying???

Are the dogs that fucking shit?

According to this article from the Courier Mail, the cops arrested 40 people that night and only 22 were found to have drugs on them. Thats pretty shitty when they used 100+ cops.

They reckon the text messaging stopped a lot of people being caught. I wonder if there's some system we can use to alert all the bluelighters...?

ultraphunky said:
I think the cops have realised they cant win the the war as far as dealers go so they are ramping up intimidation of users. Its so pathetic, they say they are making a 'safe environment' but instead of educating and minimising harm they are increasing it because ultimately they will just drive drug use back underground. People arent gonna stop using drugs no matter what the cops do, they will just be more careful of where they use them. What the hell is wrong with the bloody authorities/establishment in this country, when are they gonna wake up?

ex - fucking - aclty!

after our ordeal a few months ago i've turned from a niave, socially responsible first aid volunteer who worked closely with the cops to a fucking police hater. i get naseious when i see their face, i feel like bashing them. So i guess this is what they want to turn us all into...

hm..

static_mind said:
With the police these days it isn't about doing there job, its politics. The poilce don't do anything that wont give them either revenue (speed cameras) or good public relations.

I think the police know there not makeing a difference, but it looks like they are trying....

^ Very true. I bet the Channel 9 camera crew set up before the cops got there again this time too. It's a PR excercise.

Thats what happens when you have a centralised party district ( well decent clubs anyway). Lets spread the clubs out a bit and thin their fuckiing numbers.

It is over due though, too many fucktards. I don't need a dog to know who to score off in the Valley on any night. (I am probably a little more intelligent than the average Cunt. Plod). A little descretion is required, and perhaps a change in most peoples drug taking/partying schedule. Maybe dropping before you head out, heading into town a little later for "Peakhour", or heading home for comedown/pick-me-up a bit earlier.

Mr and Mrs Citizen will only have to complain about the increase in house party's at 3-4am instead.

Perhaps it is time again for a good old Warehouse party to raise it's beautiful head again. If you believe the jaded, it hasn't been the same since the early 90's. No more $20 coverchrge to listen to someone spin a vinyl. Are you listening organised crime, it is time to fill a niche ;)

Perhaps it is time again for a good old Warehouse party to raise it's beautiful head again. If you believe the jaded, it hasn't been the same since the early 90's.

From someone who started going to underground dance parties around the mid nineties; most in those days went off without a hitch. If police did arrive, their inexperience often meant they were bedazzled, and as such either didn't know what to do, or simply gave a warning to promoters to keep the noise down. I never saw anyone get busted at dance parties in the early days, even those held on council land or in national parks & state forests.

So, we have to assume that if sufficient police resources are allocated/ available, any new wave of dance parties would likely be responded to very quickly. Since the late 90's in Qld, we also have many new regulations regarding required permits for dance parties held outside of licenced venues. These permits often require full approval of police, council and even the EPA before a permit is issued. The reason so many doofs get approval is that they often appeal to the small towns/ low population areas where they are held.

I'm sure there will again be a rise of underground events. In fact, I'm surprised its taken so long for this to occur. However, one restricting factor may rest on the shoulders of would be promoters, who, by todays rules and regs, stand to lose a lot more if authorities wish to prosecute for breech of local and state by-laws.

I know a guy who used to hold great parties, every 2-3 months, on his fairly remote property . After about 18 months the local council turned up warning that he would issued with a summons if he staged any more. He was also advised he could face penalties reaching into the many 10s of thousands if found guilty of staging a non-approved event.

Private parties are the way of the future. A sound system, turntables and the venue is all it takes to make a party. I think it's been going that way for a while now. Smaller numbers often make for much better events anyway.

Fuck you Beattie you dribbling populist dipshit, why don't you go back to importing dodgy doctors from overseas to kill your constituents..stupid fucktard.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

b4 i start.. id just like to make it clear that im definately one of you guys when it comes to my preferred recreational activities and that i was definately not happy to hear about the shit goin down in the valley.

I think what the majority of you fail to realise is that believe it or not, we are a MINORITY of the Australian population and that the MAJORITY would glady see all recreational drug use eliminated. The valley has become such a drug hole and I'm pretty sure that if you were too bring your parents or aunts and uncles and maybe even your sweet little old granny into the valley on a saturday night to meet who you party with they would be absolutely appauled at what they saw. to go for a walk from one end of the club district to the other will have you pass sick homeless junkies, walking neon lights with pennys for pupils, large groups of sometimes intiminating "thugs" making there presence known to anyone treading on there territory and a whole lot of realllllly realllly freeaky fuking looking people!

You people seem to have assumed that they are targetting the low end users and thats its all media hype and the rest of it but seriously think about this for a second... if the valley got raided randomly twice a month on a very large scale and without warning b4 long your going to find it extremely hard to score your pills in the club or anywhere in the valley besides seedy car parks or seedy appartments and then b4 you know it youve dramaticily reduced the amount of drugs being consumed in the area. (SUCCESS)

Alot of us like to think that people dont get hurt by drugs but they do. Personally, If i was a politician trying to clean up my city so that I could walk my sweet little old granny down the valley mall without shame than Id believe that regular raids is for the short term at least (long term - could easily make ppl scared to take drugs in the valley if they tried), a good move to cleaning up the streets, scaring away the inclub dealers, saving a few kids lives, potentially avoiding many newcomers ever being exposed to begin with, redirecting a LOT of money into the australian economy instead of the organised crime economy and a whole lot more positives!

Try and look at things with a little more logic instead of trying to bag out beatie because its his fault that some idiot munched all of his ILLEGAL drugs at once so he didnt get caught and consequently over doses. Its for the good of the greater community as a whole. If you come out with a pinger or 2 you got nothing to worry about do u! If you come out with 50-100 to sell to kids in clubs you may want to think again!

and if you want to get reallllllllllly fuked up and not have 10% of the police attention then do wat i do and do it in the city away from the fags in the valley!! :D

soz for rant.. in one of those happy moods ;)

^ I disagree. Sniffer dogs have not been able to reduce drug use anywhere they've been used, and it's not going to work in the valley. Also, the police have been quite open in saying that they are targeting the average user with a couple of pills as well as "dealers".

The social problems in the valley will never be solved by policing. And the sniffer dogs will never be able to reduce the availability of drugs in the area.

They should target the dodgey bums who offer you their ice or heroin, with a free "cleanie" when its obviously fake drugs. Those kinds would jump up and stab you with a non-cleanie if you take interest and then say no after being shown.

Bundi said:
b4 i start.. id just like to make it clear that im definately one of you guys when it comes to my preferred recreational activities and that i was definately not happy to hear about the shit goin down in the valley.

I think what the majority of you fail to realise is that believe it or not, we are a MINORITY of the Australian population and that the MAJORITY would glady see all recreational drug use eliminated. The valley has become such a drug hole and I'm pretty sure that if you were too bring your parents or aunts and uncles and maybe even your sweet little old granny into the valley on a saturday night to meet who you party with they would be absolutely appauled at what they saw. to go for a walk from one end of the club district to the other will have you pass sick homeless junkies, walking neon lights with pennys for pupils, large groups of sometimes intiminating "thugs" making there presence known to anyone treading on there territory and a whole lot of realllllly realllly freeaky fuking looking people!

You people seem to have assumed that they are targetting the low end users and thats its all media hype and the rest of it but seriously think about this for a second... if the valley got raided randomly twice a month on a very large scale and without warning b4 long your going to find it extremely hard to score your pills in the club or anywhere in the valley besides seedy car parks or seedy appartments and then b4 you know it youve dramaticily reduced the amount of drugs being consumed in the area. (SUCCESS)

Alot of us like to think that people dont get hurt by drugs but they do. Personally, If i was a politician trying to clean up my city so that I could walk my sweet little old granny down the valley mall without shame than Id believe that regular raids is for the short term at least (long term - could easily make ppl scared to take drugs in the valley if they tried), a good move to cleaning up the streets, scaring away the inclub dealers, saving a few kids lives, potentially avoiding many newcomers ever being exposed to begin with, redirecting a LOT of money into the australian economy instead of the organised crime economy and a whole lot more positives!

Try and look at things with a little more logic instead of trying to bag out beatie because its his fault that some idiot munched all of his ILLEGAL drugs at once so he didnt get caught and consequently over doses. Its for the good of the greater community as a whole. If you come out with a pinger or 2 you got nothing to worry about do u! If you come out with 50-100 to sell to kids in clubs you may want to think again!

and if you want to get reallllllllllly fuked up and not have 10% of the police attention then do wat i do and do it in the city away from the fags in the valley!! :D

soz for rant.. in one of those happy moods ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the valley has done nothing but improve over the past few years. I can only speak back to '98, but it was full of your 'junkies', 'thugs' and people off guts alot more back then. The valley of old was a pretty seedy place but it kept the trade held within. It was not until the 'drinkers' invaded the valley that issues started becoming known to the general public and we started to see increased police involvement.

I suggest if you don't like what the valley is like, don't go there. It's pretty simple. :)

BTW, I welcome the day you approach the valley with the attitude you have, referring to the people, such as myself, as "fags". I don't deal or do anything that I need to worry about being arrested for in public but, I don't appreciate being referred to as a fag. I suggest the reason you may have issues with the valley has something to do with your attitude and people like you are best to stay away.

Last edited:
Bundi
That sounds like cop talk to me.... 8( I hope your not a cop trying to infiltrate this board... remember, just because I'm paranoid dosn't mean people arent out to get me
Trust me I study the sociological and political issues you mentioned in that strangely coppish sounding post and I have to say.. it's bit of a hack interpretation of the whole drug dog issue (no real disprespect ment there :\ ) As the previous respondants have said - not to mention official statistics - the drug consumption levels do not decline with the utilization of sniffer dogs for targeting personal users - if anything it creates more dangers due to the, "idiots who munch all their ILLEGAL drugs at once", as you so nicely put it.

We are thinking about this issue logically and thats why so much anger is being generated here. When a govenments own studies show that their measures are falling short of their claimed objectives then such policies can only be seen as totally illogical.

Last edited:
Lol @ the Valley. Every time I've been clubbing there I see a syringe, or syringe packet, or saline vial.

I can't handle being in the Valley unless I REALLY need to be. Being tipsy or whatever and waiting in a taxi line for an hour at the end of the night is not my idea of a good time.

House parties are where it's at!

Besides even if drugs were forced out of the Vally (when was the last time the police were able to do that anywhere?) they will just be pushed into other areas of Brisbane. People don't just take drugs in the Vally and thats it.

chopped_chimp said:
I can't handle being in the Valley unless I REALLY need to be. Being tipsy or whatever and waiting in a taxi line for an hour at the end of the night is not my idea of a good time.

House parties are where it's at!
Living in the valley eliminates that problem :)
House parties r teh good tho