Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [Herald Sun] 26/03/05 - ' TV star caught in drug raid'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be Molly!!

Said it was someone who "did not want to be known as a drug user".... Molly has been very open about his use...

I say Peter Phelps(?) from Stingers...

Holly Valance is a speed freak, i know that for a fact (state of mind clip she rubs gas on her gums between getting out of car after night out and walking into house full of tired ppl)
and theres one dude in nieghbours and one dude in stingers that do coke together. Andy anderson works at my brothers golf course now and was telling him about differant nieghbours stars that use drugs. i can't remember which person from nieghbour and stingers uses coke but.

Funny how the story is about a drug raid, but the heading is TV STAR caught in drug raid, but in the end the story doesn't really have anything to with the star.

i reckon that tweaked out dude off Australian Idol... the strange looking dude, not andrew gee.

his pupils are always the size of dinner plates when he's on tv..... and my god can he talk some absolute crap!

Celebrity drug bust caught on film
By CHRIS TINKLER and CARLY CRAWFORD
27 Mar 2005

THE actor entangled in a drug bust at a prestigious Melbourne apartment block was caught on security video.

The embarrassed star, one of Australia's biggest TV and film names, went into hiding yesterday.

It is believed he was trying to buy drugs when he arrived at the apartment, not knowing that police had just seized amphetamines, steroids, $22,000 in cash and a loaded pistol.

A man, 29, was remanded to appear in Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Tuesday. Another man, 24, will be charged with possessing the proceeds of crime, assaulting police and resisting arrest.

A spokesman for body corporate manager Property Essentials at the exclusive Docklands tower at 50 Lorimer St, said their security tapes would be reviewed.

Police say the video does not form part of their investigation and the owner of the apartment would be charged on summons.

Friends and former colleagues of the actor who walked in on the bust on Thursday said yesterday he was "feeling sheepish" and had "gone to ground".

A former colleague said: "He has been known to do a few recreational drugs."

Another said: "It is no secret that he likes a beer and has an eye for the women, but he would not want a reputation as a drug user."

The celebrity is believed to be part of a network of high-profile cocaine users known to police.

An actor friend said: "He parties hard and works hard. He is known for punishing himself in the gym after a big night out.

"His drug of choice is generally cocaine, but, then, many high-profile actors in this country dabble in coke."

Solicitor Andrew Fraser is serving up to seven years' jail for importing $2.7 million worth of cocaine from west Africa.

He acted for slain underworld figure Jason Moran -- a key figure in the amphetamine-fuelled gangland war.

Well-known psychologist Timothy Watson-Munro pleaded guilty in 1999 to a $2000-a-week cocaine habit, although he avoided conviction. He was supplied the drugs by Fraser.

The Docklands tower, which was scene of the raid, was almost deserted yesterday. Only a handful of sun-seekers were lounging on their yachts on the Yarra opposite the entrance.

One middle-aged resident was shocked to hear of the bust.

"It is not something you would expect here," the woman said. "Most of the residents are professional people, quiet and sober-looking.

"We would not want to see this sort of thing happening on a regular basis."

From Herald Sun

"It is not something you would expect here," the woman said. "Most of the residents are professional people, quiet and sober-looking
ROFLMAO

This made me laugh out loud. This woman is a complete moron or she's just trying to sound naive as to not think she takes drugs as well. I'm gonna go with her being a moron.

What is also funny is her comment when related to;
The Docklands tower, which was scene of the raid, was almost deserted yesterday. Only a handful of sun-seekers were lounging on their yachts on the Yarra opposite the entrance.
Looks like everyone got a little paranoid ;) =D

i'm not rich nor famous and 2 of my dd's opperate out of houses?

and i'm pretty sure alot of users get let off in big stings, famous or not. This story is just tapping into your vouyeristic natures and your angry you don't know which celeb is using drugs.

My tip...Garry Sweet. But frankly it could be literally 95% of the actors in Australia. I've been to the Logies and trust me there's a massive queue for the toilets...

Although to be honest I'm surprised someone in his position had to a) Pay for them and B) Pick them up himself. Maybe he's not that famous!

lol yeh i saw Holly Valance at a rave years ago when she was on neighbours off her tits! im guessing it's boyd from neighbours

First time that The Age has chipped in with something about this.

Drug accused on bail, 'TV star' spared
By Jesse Hogan
March 29, 2005 - 3:59PM

A 29-year-old man whose Melbourne Docklands apartment was raided for drugs last week has been granted bail.

But a well-known, unnamed Australian actor, who allegedly arrived at the apartment during the raid, has not been charged.

David Lakkis appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates Court today for a filing hearing on two counts of possessing illegal drugs, amphetamines and steroids, one count of drug trafficking, one count of possessing an unregistered handgun and another of possessing $22,000 in cash, believed to be the proceeds of crime.

Lakkis, who has short, black hair, appeared in court wearing dark pants and a black windcheater.

Police allegedly found two ounces (57 grams) of amphetamines in a kitchen draw during the raid on Lakkis' rented apartment.

A loaded .22-calibre pistol was found in Lakkis' bedside draw, with $22,000 found in two bundles inside his wardrobe.

Lakkis' housemate, a 24-year-old man, arrived at the apartment during the raid. He was arrested and later charged with assaulting police and possessing the proceeds of crime.

The court was told another man arrived soon after. When a police officer opened the door to the apartment he handed the officer $7800 in cash without saying a word.

Police allege the money was either for purchasing drugs from Lakkis or for settling an existing drug debt. The man will be charged on summons.

The court was told another man - confirmed by police sources as a well-known actor - then arrived at the apartment as the drug search continued.

Police spokesman Wayne Wilson would not confirm the man was an actor, but said his details had been taken down by police investigating the case, meaning he may be charged in the future.

As well as the amphetamines, police discovered materials used for drug manufacture and distribution.

Digital scales, razor blades, four mobile phones and a drug verification kit were discovered inside the communal areas of the house.

Vials of stanozolol, a steroid, were also found in the apartment. Lakkis allegedly told police they were for his personal use.

Constable Adam Runciman, acting for the police informant, said Lakkis was an "unacceptable risk" for bail, on the basis he was unemployed, a cocaine addict, and would be forced to turn to crime to support his "luxurious lifestyle".

But Magistrate Stephen Raleigh disagreed, granting Lakkis bail on a $25,000 surety, to be provided by Lakkis' father.

Lakkis must also live with his parents in Werribee, report to Werribee Police Station three times a week, and not leave his parents' house between 9pm and 6am.

He was ordered to return to court next month for another hearing.

From The Age

Digital scales, razor blades, four mobile phones and a drug verification kit were discovered inside the communal areas of the house.
...I wonder if a "drug verification kit" means a tester of some description?? Interesting.

gotta be someone off those bloody kids programms. U gotta be on somethin' To jump around gleefully singing "wing wang. Wing wang wong!!" . HA ha!!! Also Little nikki webster. She's got a little bit too much energy for a teen!! Lmao. Just kidding, I just dont like her. ;)

Lakkis, who has short, black hair, appeared in court wearing dark pants and a black windcheater.

Ahh .. that would explain why he was targetted by the cops 8)

I rekon you could be onto something there Hoptis, well at least they probably test their pills =D

they just dropped gary sweet's name on abc radio and made two stingers references when reporting it. the guy goes and gary... i mean unkown celeb enter the building to find a undercover police operation, the sort of thing you might see on tv's shows like stingers.

It would of been Craig McClaughlan.
For sure.

although he was big on tv, he's not "one of Australia's biggest TV and film names".
Not film's anyway.

it would be an extremely easy thing to get off tho, he could jsut say he knew they were cops and he was giving the guy shit, or he is an actor so he was practising, really he cood make up any excuse and they would have to let him go, after all there is no evidence against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.