• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald Sun - 11/12/07 'Anger at drug taking, arrests and overdoses at rave'

Rave safe are useless if you ask me, un-trained volunteers who hand out fruit and lollipops to rave-goers.. WOO GO RAVESAFE... what a joke.

I challenge you to come to one of our Team meetings. The Team Leader courses are designed by me, and if you think pharmacology and drug interactions aren't included, think again.

I know the girl from Melbourne you speak of and having nothing but the highest regard for her and her group. Future projects will hopefully see a lot more collaboration between our groups.

And by the way, our teams have intervened in many life threatening situations, where the outcomes have, to date, always been favourable. We have the data, the references and the letters to prove it. If you think peer based education is no good, then put the time in yourself and improve it. But put shit on us, a group where most of the Team Leaders have worked together for the best part of a decade, then you can expect shit back, everytime. I take personal offence to your comments, and as always, I'm certainly willing to defend our group with words or any other manner you care to choose - get the picture!!

For those who are interested, RS Qld have been offered a lollipop with a difference!! That is, Drug Wipe testers to hand out free to those concerned about driving under the influence. So if you're leaving a venue and are worried you'll be 'over the limit' you'll be able to find out before you drive. If it works out ok, we hope to obtain a HQ breathalyser at a later date.

That is awesome....
And TBH they do fit into the crowd so its not hard to confront them like it may be with a head full of acid and pills at the E.R. tent/block where you might think they may tell police in that state.

Splatt said:
That is awesome....

Agreed, good job P_D.

I went to the Daft Punk concert here in Brisbane and didn't notice any paramedics etc (or a lack of them to be honest I wasn't even looking). What I did notice was there wasn't a single garbage bin to be found! Here I am all happily enjoying the evening and I try to be environmentally responsible but nope, apparently the botanic gardens were a pseudo trash can for the night :(

Rave plan riles locals
December 26, 2007 - 8:00AM

Plans by the organisers of this month's controversial rave party at Kryal Castle to stage an even bigger one at Mornington Racecourse has sparked an outcry among locals.

Totem Industries has a permit from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for a nine-hour dance music festival in January, News Ltd papers report.

The Solar Music Festival would cater for about 15,000 people - twice the number of people who attended the Kryal Castle rave near Ballarat on December 8, from which 14 people were treated in hospital for drug overdoses.

Ballarat Health Service (BHS) has since called for a total ban on rave parties.

After the Kryal Castle rave, three people were put on life support in intensive care after consuming a potentially deadly mix of drugs, including GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyric acid), ice and amphetamines, according to the BHS.

Now Mornington residents and police say the the local racecourse would disturb a nursing home, racehorses and residences.

Victoria Police spokesman Inspector Stuart King was quoted as saying he was concerned for the safety of residents, partygoers and health services.

"I'm especially concerned after the experience of Kryal Castle and this will be a similar event with more than double the people," he said.

"We have limited health services on the Peninsula and the closest hospital is Rosebud.

"It wouldn't take much to overwhelm them, let alone any drug overdoses."

Racehorse trainer Pat Carey described the choice of venue as "irresponsible".

It would be "a recipe for disaster", Mr Cary said.

"Can you imagine some ecstasy-driven idiot at 10 o'clock on a Sunday night after he's been to a dance party wandering into a horse property and getting hurt?"

Mr Carey said the music would terrify his 30 horses in nearby stables.

"The racecourse stands to make $40,000 from this festival, but the damage it will cause us could be hundreds of thousands of dollars," he said.

Mornington Peninsula Council has already opposed the granting of the permit due to noise and traffic issues.

The Age

this annoys me, this whole uproar

i went to kryal, took a couple of tabs with me, third visit to the castle, first time not on pills / shards / whizza

so i had a fuckin ball just wandering around tripping out, loving the music and the whole vibe

early on when the cops brought the dogs in, you'd see people scatter in all directions, and then moments later you'd see 2 cops walking a dog.
i know this actually made one of my friends contemplate droppin all 9 of her pills at once, we convinced her this was a shit idea, and to just keep avoidin the dogs cos they werent lookin OVERLY intently.
anyways, she didnt get caught

as for the "overdoses"
i saw a couple of people getting treatment, both were near-blowouts,
stupid people drinking too much drain cleaner really, one guy was unconscious then he randomly gets up and starts opening up drawers and cupboards and pacing around back n forth while the medics try to make him sit back down.

with the 3 that required hospitalisation...
they probably just needed a little longer to recover from blowing out properly. give em an hour theyll be fine.

on the topic of rave safe... theyre in a way a good thing to have around, one of my mates from work is a total fuckin fiend, works with rave safe... those guys go all night / day long.. they just promote safe use, and lets face it.. a lot of people are new to drugs, and having these guys around if you're gonna freak out, or scared you'll take too much...
they know what theyre talking about and can be helpful

personally i try to avoid em, cos i dont like them telling me about dangers and shit when im peaking, kills my buzz haha.

[EDIT: Check out the pill discussion threads and let's stop taking this thread off-topic. Thanks. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Police push for tougher drug restrictions at rave
January 3, 2008 14:08:00

The police will urge for tougher restrictions to be put in place for the next month's rave party at Kryal Castle, near Ballarat.

A rave in December resulted in 14 people overdosing on drugs.

The Ballarat Hospital says the raves place the hospital and its staff under enormous pressure and compromise other patients' care.

The hospital is urging for the raves to be banned.

Moorabool Police Inspector Gerry Rudkins will be at a meeting today to discuss the raves.

He says police want people charged with drug offences banned from re-entry.

"Up until this stage, they've (people charged with drug offences) been allowed straight back in and then had the availability to get another supply of drugs from inside the premises whereas we'd like to prevent them from going back in at all," he said.

ABC Online

Drug issues under review as Kryal Castle rave canned
January 08, 2008 12:00am

KRYAL Castle's planned rave next month has been cancelled to avoid rushing through crucial measures on dealing with drug users, overdoses and noise.

Moorabool Shire Council yesterday confirmed organisers Totem Industries had decided the February 23 rave should not go ahead.

The next rave is now planned for November, giving greater time for the existing permit to be reviewed by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

The move also buys time for organisers to decide if raves will be held during the day and if Totem will help pay for the extra police, ambulance and medical services required to manage the event.

Moorabool Shire chief executive Robert Dobrzynski supported Totem's move to cancel next month's rave.

"This decision by Totem Industries allows council more time to work with all relevant responsible authorities and the event organiser to address issues of concern raised from previous rave parties," he said.

"Our aim is to provide a safe environment for people to enjoy their choice of entertainment. This means focusing on the prevention of drug use and drug overdoses that we have seen occur."

The council's request for VCAT to review and amend the event's planning permit will now go through normal channels.

A hearing is expected within the next three months.

Ballarat Health Services was relieved by the decision, but wary that it was only a temporary reprieve.

"We are extremely happy the February rave will not go ahead," spokesman Luke Mullane said.

"It gives us, the organisers and all parties more time to get together, plan better and make sure the events of the previous raves never happen again.

"However, our stance has not changed.

"Raves hold a significant risk and we are still calling for future Kryal Castle rave events to be banned."

More than half a dozen people overdosed at two raves held at Kryal Castle in February and December last year.

Herald Sun

If only they had said:

"Our aim is to provide a safe environment for people to enjoy their choice of entertainment. This means focusing on the reduction of drug-related harms and drug overdoses that we have seen occur."

[in my dreams!]

[then they might allow Ravesafe in, and with more realistic expectations, they may actually successfully have a safer event]

Drug issues under review as Kryal Castle rave canned

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

Annalise Walliker

January 08, 2008 12:00am

KRYAL Castle's planned rave next month has been cancelled to avoid rushing through crucial measures on dealing with drug users, overdoses and noise.

Moorabool Shire Council yesterday confirmed organisers Totem Industries had decided the February 23 rave should not go ahead.

The next rave is now planned for November, giving greater time for the existing permit to be reviewed by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

The move also buys time for organisers to decide if raves will be held during the day and if Totem will help pay for the extra police, ambulance and medical services required to manage the event.

Moorabool Shire chief executive Robert Dobrzynski supported Totem's move to cancel next month's rave.

"This decision by Totem Industries allows council more time to work with all relevant responsible authorities and the event organiser to address issues of concern raised from previous rave parties," he said.

"Our aim is to provide a safe environment for people to enjoy their choice of entertainment. This means focusing on the prevention of drug use and drug overdoses that we have seen occur."

The council's request for VCAT to review and amend the event's planning permit will now go through normal channels.

A hearing is expected within the next three months.

Ballarat Health Services was relieved by the decision, but wary that it was only a temporary reprieve.

"We are extremely happy the February rave will not go ahead," spokesman Luke Mullane said.

"It gives us, the organisers and all parties more time to get together, plan better and make sure the events of the previous raves never happen again.

"However, our stance has not changed.

"Raves hold a significant risk and we are still calling for future Kryal Castle rave events to be banned."

More than two dozen people overdosed at two raves held at Kryal Castle in February and December last year.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23020262-2862,00.html

now i'd like to make reference to the other thread, in which the media goes on about websites promoting the use of G
if you were to refer anyone to the melbourne shuffler forums
or just talk to any raver in general
for the most part, ravers look down on juice.
not for the people using it..
simply because the bad hype it's getting, and the blow outs are causing events to be cancelled and is therefore completely killing our scene.
once again thank you to the australian media, and general public, for your well informed, unbiased opinions... thanks very much

another thing.. a couple of comments on this article say it all

A good lesson to all operators of raves and clubs - Unless you have a strict policy againsgt drugs your business will go down the toilet. You have a legal responsibiolity to protect your patrons and staff - get on with it.
Posted by: barry of blackburn 11:59am January 08, 2008

to which he received this reply

That's right Barry! Also don't forget pubs where people get wasted on alcohol and do lines of coke in the toilet. Oh wait! There is no raving there, so it must be ok. Individuals also have a responsibility to look after themselves. The thousands of other people who attend these events and local club nights, have fun and go home safe clearly count for nothing.
Posted by: Clancy Wiggum of 12:04am January 09, 2008

point well made i say.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've blown out in clubs and all they do is want toi throw you out. I've semi blown out and wqent to sleep on a couch and the manager of a strip joint just said "look awake mate if ya gonna be off chops"