Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Ecstasy overdose fear in death

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Ecstasy overdose fear in death
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10982253%5E1702,00.html
05oct04

POLICE have issued an alert after a 19-year-old Sydney woman died after taking what was sold to her as an ecstasy tablet.

Investigators were told that the woman, from western Sydney, took half a tablet of a drug on Friday.

The drug, known as Orange CK or Red Mitsubishi, is believed to have been sold as a type of ecstasy.

The woman became ill after taking the tablet and was taken to Nepean Hospital, where she died on Sunday.

Police have warned that any consumption of ecstasy is illegal and dangerous, and people should not take Orange CK or Red Mitsubishi if they come across it.

Anyone with information about who might be supplying or manufacturing the drug should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

A report into the woman's death is being prepared for the Coroner.

Only off 1/2 a tablet :( I feel bad for the family and friends of this poor girl. Curse those bastards making this dodgy rubbish....

Hmm another article that leaves us in the mist. The coroners report would be interesting.

*shakes head*

this is crazy what is this comming too...no real deaths in ages now all in one big hit all these od's and deaths what is going on....my respects to the family of this young lady who's life was taken far tooo earlie

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
Ecstasy overdose fear in death

The drug, known as Orange CK or Red Mitsubishi, is believed to have been sold as a type of ecstasy.

Police have warned that any consumption of ecstasy is illegal and dangerous, and people should not take Orange CK or Red Mitsubishi if they come across it.

Respects to the poor girl who passed away.

I never knew that Orange CK and Red Mitsubishi were a drug.....

The Red Mitsubishi's have been determined to be PMA have they not? Does anyone know whether the Orange CK's are also PMA?

There hasn't been any conclusive data to show Red Mitsubishi's contain PMA yet, only anecdotal reports so far.

So what are we to assume this poor girl took either a cK or a mitsi and died from one of them or a mixture of the 2 and that a possible mix of PMA in the mitsi(speculation) and MDMA in the cK led to complications.

Yet again we are thrown further into confusion.

My condolences :(

i actually met a girl on saturday who OD on half a pill which she took 5 hours prior. that is all i know from her friends.

some dodgy things happening lately.

What Id like to know is if she had actually consumed anything else?!?!?

They only give us half the information!!!!! As per usual.

We need answers dammit!

While it's true that this article isn't bursting with information, it is sure as hell enough information to make sure that I won't even consider going near red mitsis or orange ck's.

Surely everyone else feels the same way?

Wake up people this is how serious e`s can be. Shes so unfortunate especially taking a half of a mitsubishi. Im starting to think its a deathtrap and a message to open peoples eyes wide and work with harm reduction to minimise these deadly pills. As a user of ecstasy ive never ever thought of a pill tester as many has encouraged me to do so, as i never believd pills can take your life ever since anna woods mixing with deppresion pills.

According to reagent tests carried out by enlighten a couple of months ago at an "event", the yellow ck's with the reasonabally large bevels tested positive for the presence of Amphetamines. Im not saying it's the pill that was believed to be consumed but just something to ponder on i guess.

Why can't our governmaent see this is the reason to do proper lab testing on pills and make the results available to the public??
At the very least its a pretty grim reminder to test everything you get yourself. If there really are two batches of these nasty pills going it'd be too easy to make a mistake just going on a report.

I really feel for the girls family and friends, it shouldnt be this way. :(

TripsterC said:
Wake up people this is how serious e`s can be. Shes so unfortunate especially taking a half of a mitsubishi. Im starting to think its a deathtrap and a message to open peoples eyes wide and work with harm reduction to minimise these deadly pills. As a user of ecstasy ive never ever thought of a pill tester as many has encouraged me to do so, as i never believd pills can take your life ever since anna woods mixing with deppresion pills.

Anna wood died from hyponatremia/water intoxication. There is nothing in the coroner's report to suggest she took antidepressants of any sort.

The message is pretty clear now, these 'pills' are to be avoided by all at all cost. Lets not see anyone else become part of the latest news.

condolences to any family & friends:(

In all respects to the problems at hand, there has still been fuck all hard evidence. Everytime i come across red mitsibishi's, they keep on giving a clear result using a robadope reagent. Now unless the chemists used a ghastly way of masking PMxx or another harmful adultrant im going to continue using these pills that have clean results with multiple reagent results. We need harder facts and information than what we have. Theres something fishy about the pills they are pointing the finger at in the article. Has anyone actually had a very noticeable change using a robadope reagent yet ? I certainly have not. But untill the mist clears best avoid. Once again this shows the importance or Mandelin, Simons and especialy Robadope.

There is a rotten apple somewhere and they will pay. KARMA!

Very sad to see people falling victim to adultrants.

This just makes me so angry and sad. These pills had been in the news since early last week as being potentially dangerous, i find it astounding that they were still circulating on the weekend.

Now given the evidence (or lack therof) i would suggest that this isn't a pill the girl had had in her posession prior to the night. The conflicting reports as to what it was she actually took suggests the pill was bought in the darkened club and none of her friends could vouch for what it actually was. That means some scumbag, obviously realising he was holding onto a bad batch, has decided he'd rather make a quick buck and gamble with lives rather than accept his loss. Now i'm not suggesting he sold it directly to the girl, the pill probably passed through a few hands before it got to her which makes the whole thing even worse.

I don't know who to hate more, whoever procuded these pills, or whoever willingly on-sold them after they realised what dangers they held.