• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Ecstasy overdose fear in death

I strongly urge everyone to stop taking the red mitsubishis - a pill is ont worth dying for.

red mitsubishis

i just want to tell u all that the reports bout these red mitzi's are true.I had half on sun nite and within half an hour was throwing up, burning up, had muscle spasms and was hallucinating.i was rushed to hospital by ambo and spent 6 hours there recovering.i was lucky my frineds called the ambos when they did cos it could have been a lot worse.make sure u test ur stuff guys and steer clear of the red mitzi's.i am still feeling the effects today, 3 days later.i felt like my organs were turning inside out and were on fire.i have no recollection of the night except that i was petrified and so were my friends.there are good ones out there too, i had 2 a fortnight ago and was fine but just be bloody careful.the effects last a long time, an ambo was called again for me 8 hours after i was discharged from hospital bcos it all started again.i only took half and the rest was given to the hospital to test, they said it was apparently pur PMA.it's nasty stuff so watch out!!!

Why on earth would you take one knowing whats in them? I hate to be rude, but that's the definition of idiocy in my book. Going against all the harm reduction information you're given about a specific pill.

What hospital was this? Do you know the doctors name so that someone can contact them to verify it was PMA in the pill?

Re: red mitsubishis

chika said:
i just want to tell u all that the reports bout these red mitzi's are true.I had half on sun nite and within half an hour was throwing up, burning up, had muscle spasms and was hallucinating.i was rushed to hospital by ambo and spent 6 hours there recovering.i was lucky my frineds called the ambos when they did cos it could have been a lot worse.make sure u test ur stuff guys and steer clear of the red mitzi's.i am still feeling the effects today, 3 days later.i felt like my organs were turning inside out and were on fire.i have no recollection of the night except that i was petrified and so were my friends.there are good ones out there too, i had 2 a fortnight ago and was fine but just be bloody careful.the effects last a long time, an ambo was called again for me 8 hours after i was discharged from hospital bcos it all started again.i only took half and the rest was given to the hospital to test, they said it was apparently pur PMA.it's nasty stuff so watch out!!!

Get another one if possible, Test it with Mandelin and Robadope then discard of it down the loo. Im yet to see an accurate report of a suspect PMxx Red Mitsibishi stamped pill.

Does anyone know why PMA would be in the pills? Are there any good effects at smaller doses? Or is it just some nasty shit?

I agree with ld50 vs ssri. We dont really have any hard evidence one way or another. Some people are getting sick from Red Mitsu's and one died from maybe a red Mitsu, but pleanty of people are taking them and are fine. All the ones I've seen tested come up clean and are quite a nice pinger.

I feel sorry for the girls family and everything, but I'm going to need a bit more information then the news is currently giving us ("A new drug called Red Mitsubishi or Orange CK" is not enough I'm afraid :\ ) before I jump on any bandwagon.

I'm not quite sure if what I typed made any sense, I just drifted out of a K hole, so I'm hazy. Sorry.

Hey all, I was just reading up on these, only found out this morning. Sad news about this poor young girl.

Just to add to the weirdness, my group of mates got our hands on some Red/Pink Mistubishis a couple weeks ago, four of us had one each last week on thursday, and another three had one each of friday night, not a single problem. :| Totally normal mdma pills, quite strong but none of us are hardcore poppers. Just one is all good.

This was before we knew about all this PMA stuff.

Thanks to prohibition, the "Tough on Drugs" policy, and worldwide safrole restrictions, clandestine chemists who want to make a pill that fucks people up now have an incentive to manufacture PMA/PMMA rather than MDA/MDMA. Solution: make safrole easily available to clandestine chemists as a harm minimization initiative. I believe that this could possibly prevent PMA from ever being sold as pills and the needless deaths that result.

Any clandestine chemist out there looking at manufacturing drugs using anethole as a precursor should do a bit of reading on Rhodium and find out how to use anethole as a precursor for 2Cs instead. Tripping is far more fun that dieing.

Last edited:
Solution: make safrole easily available to clandestine chemists as a harm minimization initiative. I believe that this could possibly prevent PMA from ever being sold as pills and the needless deaths that result.
Or just legalise the actual illicits themselves. (But good points nonetheless)

Or at the very least have full quantitative lab testing with new results published on the internet and even street press every week.

Last edited:
Anethole can also be used to produce MDMA, although the chemistry is somewhat more complex. Indeed, at the unmentionable site there's currently a "contest" for the best proposed synthetic route to MDMA starting with oil of anise or anethole.

Personally, I believe there are alternative sources of safrole currently being used. There are simply too many plant species with high levels of safrole growing all over Australia for there not to be.

One has to wonder though, if several of these plants (including anise) are used as sources for safrole, just what impurities may get through the refinement processes, and more importantly, what will these things become when base catalyzed, halogenated, oxidized and aminated?

IMO these are the real potential toxins; poisonous cocktails which need to be well researched and the individual components identified.

If recent legislation designed at restricting supplies of chemicals was intended to lessen the overall risk associated with illicit drug supply, then I think it's so far been totally ineffective. In respect to the above, inventiveness in the area of clandestine chemistry tends to create more problems for the end user and more questions relating to quality control.

So, with talk of releasing Forensic data to the public, and the growing probability of future sanctioned testing; more exact profiling of seized and submitted drugs will be necessary IMO. Ultimately this would mean a complete restructuring of analytical procedures, and involve considerably more work for an already overworked system.

We now see several psychedelic chemicals sold as MDMA or ecstasy which are active at levels of 5mg or less. Just as users have a need to know whether such adulterants are in the pills they intend to take, they also need to be informed of other, potentially more diabolical compounds capable of destroying organ tissue or causing premature aging. So to be serious about user info, this must include quantitative levels of active and/ or toxic ingredients.

No doubt such opinions ruffle a few feathers,
28.gif
but then again I've shouted loudly about other areas concerning consumer information. I find it quite ridiculous that numbers are used to represent antioxidants, flavour enhancers, preservatives etc etc used in foods!!

This might look somewhat off topic, but is it really? Why say 321 when meaning butylated hydroxyanisole or 900 to say your anti-foaming agent is dimethylpolysiloxane. What's even worse is Australia's total lack of legislation on most flavours. Many of these chemicals are synthetic and unusual compounds to say the least, but don't need to be listed at all - not even a number in many instances.

From a responsible H & S perspective, people - consumers - have a right to know this shit. Just who is protected by the withholding or encoding of such information? Bah... :X

Sure consumers [including drug users] will question what they discover. These questions may raise some false claims, but by in large it improves and educates society, makes business more responsible and definitely allows more people to make more informed choices...

Sat morning rant stops here... p_d :)

It's seems like aussies get a lot of PMA pill outbreaks. This is a pretty rare occurence in the US and I've never heard of it in Europe.

Is PMA still legal down there or something?

No PMA is definitely not legal down under but the starting material is widely available here as it is worldwide. Don't ask me why manufacture seems to be more common in Australia :\

Another news article with a bit more info:

http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11008361%5E421,00.html

THE young Sydney woman who died after taking a lethal tablet she thought contained ecstasy at the weekend was the victim of a 12-hour delay in receiving appropriate treatment, which involved three hospitals.

It took more than nine hours before she was diagnosed with a fatal internal head bleed.

Distraught friends last night said the girl might still be alive if she had not been passed between three hospitals on Saturday, from 2am until late afternoon.

Danielle Chalon was rushed to Mt Druitt hospital after taking a tablet dubbed "Orange CK".
Ms Chalon, from Seven Hills, collapsed with a severe headache on Friday evening shortly after taking half an ecstasy tablet coated with orange food colouring and stamped with a fake Calvin Klein logo.

Three friends who were with her deny they were irresponsible about seeking medical attention.

They claim an ambulance crew that responded to a triple-0 call they made while they were outside a Kings Cross nightclub on Friday evening told them she would be fine.

The friends drove back to a house in Mt Druitt where Danielle went to sleep but her condition deteriorated when she woke in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Note the use of "food colouring coating" and "fake CK logo" to make the pills seem more dodgy...

Anyone sent a red mitzi to dancesafe to get tested in a lab? Please do if anyone get's the chance

Last edited:
Cpt.Caveman said:
figers crossed that they track down the producers of the PMA
IMO, they should fidn them. And then however many pills have caused people to die, should be multiplied by 10 & force fed to the dickhead's making them. May sound a bit over the top/harsh, but eh, it's how I feel.