• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Daily Telegrpah - 31/07/2006 'Increase in use of 'retro' hallucinogenic drugs'

Considering the amount of LSD on todys average blotter, one wouldn't expect a "Flashback" at 50-100 micro grams (millionths of a gram).

The threshold (where you feel something) is about 20micro grams.

However in the 1960's typical doses were between 100 to 200 micrograms. There have been reports of 800 mico grams.

Flashbacks are rare, even at high doses, and the debate of the cause of flashback ranges from the drug being lodged somewhere in the body and then re-released (not true as it is water soluable) to post traumatic stress disorder to other psychosomatic responces.

There is a rare situation called Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD) which occurs when the drug has long left the system. The mechanism underlying HPPD is not known.

I really don't really think it's making a 'comeback' at all... It's always been there..

I honestly hope they never hit maintstream, these drugs have proven time and time again to cause dramas with peoples lives - something i'd rather not have to see again. I've witness the psychedelic families of drugs do far more harm than common party drugs - from months to years.

^^HPPD... it's possible this is what my mate had occur - this was probably the saddest 3 months of my life - witnessing my best friend believe we were all in a plot to fuck with his mind after taking acid.

I use psychedelics every so often, but it's not my cuppa.

The latest NDARC report showed LSD was one of the most popular drugs used by regular ecstasy users in the past six months, with 32 per cent of users taking the drug
Did they do this survey at a doof or a psytrance club? Sadly the majority of people that I know that do ecstacy believe that lsd stays in your spine among other myths :\ they consider drugs like ice to be much 'healthier'

I honestly hope they never hit maintstream, these drugs have proven time and time again to cause dramas with peoples lives - something i'd rather not have to see again. I've witness the psychedelic families of drugs do far more harm than common party drugs - from months to years.

i dont see how hallucinogens can cause more trouble than speed/ice, cocaine, ecstasy use does. the only real problem hallucinogens can give is HPPD, which seems to be very very rare. i dont think your friend had HPPD but rather some other really negative reaction, which doesnt happen often at all as far as i know.

I can see your point, however, drugs such as LSD used not exessivley (eg. not every weekend for months on end) really don't cause all that many problems. Bingeing on the stuff would undobtedly fuck up your mind, but the potential to binge on it is not there when compared to other designer drugs..

I don't know about you but everytime I've done the stuff, the next day, no matter how insane my trip has been, I haven't wanted to do it again for a while. It just doesn't seem to have that dependency quality that other "mainstream" drugs have. witnessing something like what you mentioned would probably change my mind, but acid to me is just way too cool, doing it every so often has the potential to enhance your life, "and expand your mind...man"=D

yeah, yr friend definetly didn't have HPPD, was probably just depressed/paranoid or something. i got HPPD after the first time i ever dropped acid, spent months freaking out about and thinking about it (which makes it much, much worse!) mostly, i was terrified of never being able to trip again without fucking up my life and vision completley. however, this is five years ago now, and i just sort of stopped thinking about it so much...i'm sure my case is atypical, but i've since done heaps of different hallucinogens, plus e, pot etc., all of which are meant to make it worse. i still notice some symptoms, but they just don't really bother me. http://www.stormloader.com/hppd/ is good fo HPPD info, hasn't been updated for yonks but still heaps of relevant info. happy tripping.