• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Daily Telegraph - 13/03/09 'Ecstasy riddled with rat poison, other chemicals '

2) Pills that are 10 times stronger then regular ecstacy? huh...I wish. So lets say an average pill is about 40-50 mgs MDMA that would make the MDMA content of the pill roughly 400-500mgs per pill, not taking into account the fillers (rat poisen and glass...hehehehehe) plus the binders, we would have pills weighing close to a gram per pill...

The only pills I've ever heard of that would come close were some in Japan circa 2002 reported at over 200mg. Apparently a lot of hospitalisations due to overheating and vomiting. I'd dig up some references but I'm lazy =D Still a long shot from 400-500mg per pill hey?

As for deadly adulterants... send me some 2CB and MDA pills over piperzines any day of the week!!!!! %)

I remember reading this 'news' years ago, propaganda at its finest 8) Definately written to get the parents shit-scared about ecstasy use. Seriously, why would pressers add glass to their batches?

and risking permanent brain damage by taking pills that could be up to 10 times stronger than regular ecstasy

Wow i thought its 10 times weaker than before. In 2000 pills contained up to 180mg of mdma now only 50mg.

LSD in pills? I havnt heard of any incidents other than one. Heroin? well lets just say u couldnt fit it in a pill as the oral dosage is big plus its more expensive than mdma.

Illicit drugs expert Paul Dillon, from Drug and Alcohol Research and Training Australia, said ecstasy is becoming cheaper on the streets, retailing for between $20 and $35, and has become known as a "notoriously impure drug".

Wow how much was a pills before then? I thinks the price here is discusting and thats the main reason why im avoiding it n plus the quality.

"Manufacturers mix these lethal cocktails because they often induce bleeding in the lining of the stomach in an effort to get the drug into the blood stream faster. "

hahahahaha I haven't heard that one for awhile.

I know that they put caffeine in pills to aid the absorbtion of the drug thats also in there. And the glass thing hehehe supposed to cut the blood vessels in your nose (if you snort it) and make it come on quicker hehehehehehe, I mean seriously how dumb do they think we are.

This whole thread has raised a few questions in my head.

1) Do the police actually beleive this shit? I mean, are they really that dumb?

2) Or has some police legal beavers and the media sat down and said "what we need to do is create fear in the public, so lets make up this bullshit to justify our draconian stance on drugs"?

They really think that the majority of people dont know shit.

080529_WarfarinTablets_andBlocks_900x400_opt6ADV.jpg

Make sure to keep an eye out for these pills above.8)8)8)

Someone posted a report of a piece of metal inside a pill here a while ago. However rare it may be, there could possibly be something dodgy in your product.

its all government bullxshit scare the public into thinking its gambling with your life

"Tablets put under analysis after recent drug hauls by the AFP have found traces of heroin, LSD, rat poison, methamphetamine, anaesthetics and even crushed glass.

Federal Government statistics show that out of the 600,000 Australian ecstasy users, 8.3 percent had used the drug in the past week, while 17.3 percent of youths aged 14-19 had used ecstasy at least once a week. "

rat poison bulshit and chrushed glass would never be done nobody is that desperate to make cash you would be more likely to get blanks than glass sometimes i wonder how editors of papers can even allow this shit to print

its all government bullxshit scare the public into thinking its gambling with your life

Personally, I don't need to be scared into thinking this.
Anytime, I buy a pill off a person while I'm out and consume it without it having been tested, then yeh it is a gamble every single time.
IMHO

I think we have all become a little too care free in regards to consuming x amounts of any kind of pill sold as MDXX. We never really, know exactly what is we're taking.

couple of points here;
firstly australia's worst paper does it again! anyone in sydney would realise that the daily telegraph is the print version of today tonight and aca, so no suprises that it is producing such high standards of journalism, that without question has a factual basis and cross checking of references and statistics to back up its claims.8)

secondly as to a couple of claims in the article;
- there is an outside chance that there could be some broken glass in a pill somewhere (doesn't mean the cook did it delibrately but possibly some broke somewhere along the production and got into the mix somehow and got pressed). in fact i think i remember an example of that either here or on pr. or prehaps it was the piece of metal pyscosynthesis (3posts above) was reffering to.
- havent heard of any rat poison adulterating pills.
- LSD as an adulterant. only one example that i know of, and that battle was faught long and hard here on bluelight a few years ago. for those interested search bermuda triangles.
- heroin. there was a case where a pill was sent to a testing agency and was indicated to contain heroin, however this is thought to have been a joke. the other possibility could have been the bag had contaminated the pill. as already said, the price of heroin alone would stop it been pressed into pills, let alone the high dse tht is needed for it to act orally. this one is a complete ferfie!

-finally when they say that MDA is a possible adulterant of ecstasy they are techincally correct. but fuck me that is the best adulterant i could possibile imagine!!!

in conclusion, despite my complete cynicism and contempt of the daily telegraph, yet again i find myself shocked at their low standards of journalism!:\

.... in fact i think i remember an example of that either here or on pr. or prehaps it was the piece of metal pyscosynthesis (3posts above) was reffering to....

Yep green doves in the SE QLD region if I recall correctly? Posted with pics in this forum.

Did the AFP happen to mention exactly which pills contain such things?

No?

I didn't think so.

my sentiments exactly
everytime theres a potentially dangerous batch of ecstasy. the L.E agencies post on HR sites like this and pillreports.com aswell

because as much as they would like to demonise the drug, and have noone using the substance, they know the reality is, people are going to use it.

and if they can prevent deaths or serious injury, then they're going to do everything they can to ensure that noone will get harmed.

sensationalist journalism at its worst there.
crock of shit

and the other thing, 10 times the strength of normal ecstasy? err hmm?

if there was a pill with 10 times the potency of a normal pill .. ie 1200mg - 2500mg of mdma. no cook would be selling it for less than a triple figure amount.
and... well i'd be hunting it down like a rabid dog.
lol

whoever published this piece of shit, really should be fired, they fail as a journalist.

Just poor journalism, sounds like he has just rehashed some garbage dating back to 1994, not sure if I can post the link so just posted below a rebuff of that story.

Edited version of an article by Nicholas Saunders, from Eternity Magazine, December 1994

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors
You've probably heard stories of E being spiked with addictive and poisonous substances. True, when you buy "Ecstasy" there's no quality control and you may well get cocktails of other drugs, particularly when the dealer has run out of MDMA. You may also get a dud. But not heroin or poison.

Every day the police confiscate suspect drugs which are sent to a forensic laboratory at Aldermaston specially equipped to detect drugs, and they have never come across drugs sold as Ecstasy containing heroin. People taken to hospital with possible drug problems have samples of their blood sent to the National Poisons Unit which has special equipment to detect drugs: heroin has not been found in the blood of patients reported to have taken only Ecstasy. So how did the rumours start? A year ago Time Out magazine ran a double page feature entitled "Bitter Pills", subtitled "Ecstasy has turned to agony for thousands of E users" as dealers spike tablets and capsules with heroin, LSD, rat poison and crushed glass. The story was repeated all over the place, even in a Danish newspaper.

I questioned the source quoted: Stephen Beard of the Newham Drugs Advice Project. He was elusive, and when I finally I got him on the phone would only say that the story came from a dealer who said he made fake Ecstasy by crushing light bulbs. There was no supporting evidence such as lab tests or reports from doctors who had treated users. The National Poisons Unit told me there had been no recent cases of poisoning due to ground glass or rat poison. Yet, in spite of my protests, Newham and Time Out did nothing to correct the story. Likewise, Mixmag's recent feature on Ecstasy omitted to mention the Glasgow tests showing that Ecstasy was not contaminated, even though they had the results. Mixmag also said: "300mg MDMA can kill a small girl" (the lowest lethal dose recorded in animal trials was 20mg/kilo, or 300mg for someone weighing 15kg: a very small girl); and "MDA is like strong LSD mixed with speed" (MDA has no LSD-like effects, it is similar to MDMA but longer lasting and with less warmth). Its as though no-one wants to undermine the established myths.

One of these came from a satirical song in the fifties called The Old Dope Peddler: "He gives the kids free samples because he knows full well, that today's young innocent faces will become tomorrow's clientele". Its no more likely than your local wine merchant going to the trouble and expense of injecting bottles with heroin, hoping that you will become an addict to boost his sales. True, some dealers cheat by selling any old white powder as Ecstasy, but cheats are unlikely to sell heroin at a loss or go to the trouble of crushing light bulbs.

Most of the substitutes found in Ecstasy are not harmful, but can produce unexpected effects. However, before you blame the pill, you should realise just how important is the situation and you own expectations. In fact, very few people realise and accept how much the effect of drugs like Ecstasy depends on their own situation, and state of mind at the time. My best E experience was caused by an identical tablet as one that made a friend sick and another that had no effect (at a party in an enclosed tunnel).

Remember that E is not simply a happy pill, but lowers your defences and allows you to open up. However, it may be more comfortable to remain defensive and reserved unless you are in a situation where you feel good. E can bring up suppressed feelings which you may not be prepared to face. More on situations to avoid and emotional dangers next month.

whoever published this piece of shit said:
very true, surely writing articles based on myths should break some sort of journalistic code of ethics.(lol to ethics in journalism)

Police say pills containing pma or whatever found but dont tell us what to avoid or give pathetic descriptions ..

I wish we could get free legal testing of pills like in amsterdam ... then you know 100% whats in a pill

Add glass to cut costs? I mean, honestly, why wouldn't they just add sand? 8)

The idea of glass is that it causes cuts in the stomach which aids in absorbstion.