• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 7 Hospitalised After Taking Pills - SA - Substance(s) Unknown.

perhaps the 7 were just having a really strong/bad come up 8)

^^^ Jubas that statement is FUCKING rediculous, people collapsing and getting taken away in an ambulence is NOT a stong come up.

Adelaide is pretty small, and it would not surprise me that some1 who vists this board knows someone who fell ill.

They have a pretty constant/loyal crowd, who generally don't visit many other places.

Having one of the greatest nights of my life there this week *without drugs* (hiphop show) It really hits home, so dont be so fukin inconsiderate before you try to make tasteless jokes.

Last edited:
^^^ where did it say anything about collapsing?

edit: and who was joking? or being inconsiderate?

all it mentioned in the news was people feeling unwell. they might have seen the GHB overdose person collapse and felt immediate paranoia. if they were worried enough, they might have called an ambulance. its not that unfeasible.
if they're 15, maybe they don't have much experience, or exposure. if the come up was particularly strong, and they've seen someone else collapse, their mind might be working overtime.
besides, if someone collapses, aren't they normally kept overnight in hospital or something?

There was a guy on the ground just inisde Heaven when i arrived there on Sat night. He didn't look very healthy either. He was coherent, but clutching his stomach with a pianed expresion on his face. This was around 2. I didn't notice anything else that night though.
One report claimed that people were acting irrational and violent? Apparently from taking these pills?

I take it these pills were only being sold at the mentioned venue?

I'm sure that if they were widley available there would have been a bandwagon full of reports.

I'll be interested to see if the guy had any idea what he was selling.

Just out of curiosity, what were the last CONFIRMED PMA pills in Adelaide? And if anyone knows, Were they branded? Sold as MDMA?

Today's The Advertiser claims that the hopitalised people had taken "ecstacy" pills. No mention of GHB.

Also, the reported description of the pills was very vague, something along the lines of "pink, grey or white"...

Last edited:
Ok, I've just found out from a friend that the pills they took were A's. She said that a lot of her friends took them on the weekend and they were fine - they're good strong pills. According to her, the people that were hopitalised were just idiots dancing hard in a VERY hot club and they overheated 8)

So once again, it seems the media is blaming the drug itself rather than the ignorance of the people using it.

I think the information that still mentions pills is wrong as they are probably going on information gathered early in the piece. Although this article mentions 'bad' ecstasy in the title, the article refers to the ecstasy as being strong. Perhaps it was a combination of heat, strong pills and GHB/1,4b. A totally avoidable incident none the less.

^^ Source: The Advertiser

`Bad' ecstasy hits teenage victims
By Police Reporter CHRISTOPHER SALTER
09Feb04

FOUR underage nightclubbers – including two 15-year-old girls – were among seven people rushed to hospital after taking ecstasy tablets at a city nightclub, sparking concern from police and health authorities.

Other victims affected were girls aged 16, 17 and 20 and men aged 18 and 21.

All were rushed from the Heaven nightclub at 2.45am yesterday to the Royal Adelaide Hospital and treated for a drug overdose.

All victims except the 21-year-old man, who is in a stable condition, were released several hours later.

Police fear users of the illicit drug could overdose or die if the origins of a "bad batch" is not uncovered.

Acting Inspector Graeme Adcock, of Adelaide police, yesterday issued a plea for information about a strong batch of ecstasy now in circulation.

He said a group of friends had been partying at the nightclub when the seven people were overcome by the drug.

"Some were feeling sick, others were behaving irrationally and thrashing about," he said.

"They had an adverse reaction and the ambulances were called."

Patron of the Alcohol and Drug Council of Australia Professor Ian Webster said while better policing was important, education on drug dangers was the key to stopping this type of risky behaviour.

"Young people experiment whatever adults might think," he said.

"In these accidental situations, the problem usually occurs with not knowing what you're taking and using other substances at the same time."

He said about a third of overdose deaths occurred when illicit drugs were mixed with alcohol.

Following a police investigation, a 21-year-old Victorian man was arrested at a Wingfield house yesterday morning.

He is believed to be known by the victims and to have been at the nightclub when the incident occurred. The man has been charged with supplying a drug of dependence and was remanded in custody to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court this morning.

Acting Insp. Adcock said the origins of the tablets were still unknown and he urged the public to be cautious. He said drugs were in a tablet form and were pink, grey or white. Detectives believe they could have been manufactured in Victoria.

"It would be of concern if the bad batch remains," Acting Insp. Adcock said.

"Clearly the batch is of a dangerous quality and we must impress on people when making decisions to take illicit drugs that they do so knowing full well that the final analysis could be their death.

"Those drugs are made in environments where there is no quality control whatsoever so it is a very dangerous decision to make to take illicit drugs."

Acting Insp. Adcock said further arrests were possible following a police investigation. He said the management of Heaven nightclub would be spoken to regarding the underage patrons.

Heaven shareholder Damian Lester said that while he had not heard anything more than speculation about the age of patrons involved, the nightclub did everything it could to prevent underage people gaining access.

"Often children have fake IDs to get past the security guards but we're not in the habit of allowing underage people in," he said.

Mr Lester said the nightclub made a 100 per cent effort to check identification.

"Identification can be falsified and we confiscate those that we think are dodgy and we hand them to police," he said.

Last edited:
I don't think the report specified that the pills did actually vary in colour. Rather, the exact colour of the pills was not known (to the reporter). From what I've heard around the traps (I'm an Adelaide boy), they were the same pills, sold by the same guy to a group of friends who knew him personally.

MunchMan77 said:

Just out of curiosity, what were the last CONFIRMED PMA pills in Adelaide? And if anyone knows, Were they branded? Sold as MDMA?

The last CONFIRMED that I know of in Adelaide were the blue caps from a couple of years ago. There have been HEAPS of inaccurate labelling of pills containing PMA since then but nothing confirmed. PLAY SAFE, BUY A TESTER

salad, i'm pretty sure it was the inspector who said the pills were of different colours. (if my memory serves me correctly). so unless that's been identified as a misdiagnosis then it still stands i guess.
i'm a little sceptical of the 'bad' pills being out there from all the info i've gleaned via the media and these forums.

I think everyone, including media is focused on the "pills" aspect here. When I totally agree with cowboy mac in saying that I think these were actually GHB/1,4 overdoses, not ecstasy related at all.
If it was a case of a bad batch of pills, I am sure that there would have been more than 7 ppl that would be affected. Think of how many pills are pressed in one batch, and then sold.
I have the the "A"s before, and yes they are a ridiculously strong pill, and maybe enough to make a single person sick if unexperienced, but I wouldn't have thought that 7 people would be affected in that way.
Im not sure whether ghb/1,4 is very predominate in SA, but if it is not widely used its possible that the media/medical staff no little about it, so therefore have blamed these hospitalisations on the first drug they would naturally think of, our good friend MDMA :)
I know that 1,4b is not at all common in WA, and therefore ppl are not well educated on the drug, its effects, or precautions, which therefore makes its a very dangerous drug for people to get their hands on, I cant help wonder if this is what may have happened to these 7 people in SA.
It amazes me still, that people are still so careless with 1,4b. The lack of care and education frightens me.
I would be very interested to see exactly what is was that put these kids in hospital.

slippery salad said:
Ok, I've just found out from a friend that the pills they took were A's. She said that a lot of her friends took them on the weekend and they were fine - they're good strong pills. According to her, the people that were hopitalised were just idiots dancing hard in a VERY hot club and they overheated 8)

So once again, it seems the media is blaming the drug itself rather than the ignorance of the people using it.

how did she know? i also heard from people there that the killers were creamy/white Durex's.. so be warey of these 2 pills people

creamy/white durex's? thats probably beacuse they showed footage of some old safe sex's on the news reports!

I could understand some inexperienced 15yr old girls having a bad reaction to the A's in Heaven that night. I was cooking just standing around in there and i hadn't consumed anything.

Jubas said:
^^^ where did it say anything about collapsing?

edit: and who was joking? or being inconsiderate?

all it mentioned in the news was people feeling unwell. they might have seen the GHB overdose person collapse and felt immediate paranoia. if they were worried enough, they might have called an ambulance. its not that unfeasible.
if they're 15, maybe they don't have much experience, or exposure. if the come up was particularly strong, and they've seen someone else collapse, their mind might be working overtime.
besides, if someone collapses, aren't they normally kept overnight in hospital or something?

they wouldnt put someone in intensive care just because they collapsed..

The media has no clue

Check out these two clippets of 2 news stories found on news.com.au:

Illicit drug puts clubbers in hospital
By Richard Sproull
February 9, 2004

FIVE people collapsed in an Adelaide nightclub early yesterday morning after severe reactions to a suspected bad batch of the illicit drug Fantasy.

The victims, all females aged between 15 and 20, were in the Heaven nightclub in metropolitan Adelaide when they suffered a severe physical reaction after consuming drug tablets.

Police said the patrons took tablets that were pink, white and grey with no distinct markings.

And then this one on the same site:

`Bad' ecstasy hits teenage victims
By Police Reporter CHRISTOPHER SALTER
February 9, 2004

FOUR underage nightclubbers – including two 15-year-old girls – were among seven people rushed to hospital after taking ecstasy tablets at a city nightclub, sparking concern from police and health authorities.

I think we will need to wait for the hype to die down, and for the reporters to stop trying to scare people with unfounded, attention grabbing headlines.

*NRG* said:
creamy/white durex's? thats probably beacuse they showed footage of some old safe sex's on the news reports!

i wasn't talking about any news reports

Drug controversy: WHO WILL ACT?

By NIGEL HUNT, GREG KELTON and CHRISTOPHER SALTER
10feb04

THE controversy over the sale of drugs to underage patrons of a city nightclub descended into farce yesterday.

Heaven nightclub, the scene of Saturday night's multiple ecstasy overdose, said it was impossible for staff to completely stop drug use.

The club management called on police to man its doors to prevent the entry of known drug dealers.

But police immediately rejected the request and said it was not their responsibility to provide security for nightclubs.

"We will assist them us much as we can, but that is their security issue," said the officer in charge of Adelaide CIB, Detective Chief Inspector Paul Dickson.

"All licensed premises have a duty to their patrons to ensure they are in a safe environment."

Premier Mike Rann also entered the debate, arguing that parents must take greater responsibility for their children's whereabouts. "No one is blaming parents," Mr Rann said.

"I am just appealing to parents of teenagers that we all have to be vigilant about where our children are and whose company they keep.

"Parents have a duty of care to know what their kids are doing and managers of nightclubs have a clear duty of care and they will also be held accountable."

Heaven nightclub management face a heavy fine or licence suspension following the incident, which involved four under-age clubbers, two girls aged 15 and two males, 16 and 17.

Managing director John Pike yesterday defended his business in the wake of the overdoses, saying it had a "zero tolerance policy to drugs in the venue".

"The management of any responsible nightclub, no matter how vigilant it remains, can ever hope to completely eradicate the use of illegal substances by patrons," he said.

"We urge the police to work with us, as the busiest venue in the state, to assist us by adopting a permanent position on the door so that they, who know the identity of suspected drug dealers, can identify them to us to prevent their entry into the premises."

The suggestion was immediately rejected by senior police. "We are not security officers," Inspector Dickson said. He said police worked closely with all nightclubs to eliminate drug dealers from the premises, but they could not identify any known drug dealer to any licensed premises owner for many reasons, including privacy laws.

The results of a police investigation into the overdoses will decide what action Liquor Licensing Commissioner Bill Prior takes against the West Tce nightclub. Mr Prior said yesterday the nightclub faced a reprimand, $10,000 fine, licence suspension or closure if found guilty of breaching the Liquor Licensing Act.

Opposition police spokesman Robert Brokenshire said the Government's tough talk on tackling drugs was achieving nothing.

"Instead of talking tough about so-called illegal bikie gangs and threatening heavier fines, he needs to beef up the law enforcement side of it and provide more resources trying to stop drug trafficking in this state," he said.

Yesterday Quong Quoc Mai, 21, of Reservoir in Victoria, appeared in court charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited substance to a child.

Police alleged Mai gave the drug ecstasy to two 16-year old female friends, both of whom overdosed after taking the tablet.

"He was in the company of these two girls on this night at Heaven and it is alleged that, during the course of the evening, he supplied the drug to one of the victims twice," Sally Pfitzner, prosecuting said.

Mai was remanded in custody until next month.

From The Advertiser

Hi i am an adelaide girl, was out and about on the weekend, a friend of mine knew one of the girls who collapsed, it was her best friend. they had taken pink A's (alians) with white specks. I have to say that i took an Alien on the weekend myself with a group of friends on the sunday afternoon at a friends house and my god it was the best pill i have ever had and i am an experience campaigner. I had stopped taking pills only for a week cause they werent really doing anything, but supplier told me they were like the old days so thought i would try it and it lasted a good 6 hours and strong, very strong. But these were Grey totally different colour to the other batch, so maybe these people werent experienced hit them like a ton of bricks, felt wicked and yeah dehydrated as they were just going hard.