Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 31.3.09 - Teen's night of hell after ecstasy

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Teen's night of hell after ecstasy

Sarah Crawford | 31st March 2009

31drug_t312.jpg

An Andergrove mum consoles her daughter, 18, after one ecstasy pill led to a night of hell.

THEY are small coloured pills stamped with high-end brand names like Louis Vuitton or Chanel, designed to appeal to young women nightclubbing in the City Heart.

But one 18-year-old Mackay woman discovered the pills' deadly side on Saturday night when she collapsed in a nightclub and was then dumped by security guards at the Wood Street taxi rank, convulsing and vomiting on the ground.

The woman, who asked not to be named, said she was “stupid” for taking the illegal drug MDMA, more commonly known as ecstasy.

“I feel stupid to think it was harmless,” she said.

The last thing she remembers on Saturday night was being in a nightclub but for her mother, who was called at 1am and told her daughter, was at Mackay Base Hospital, it was a terrifying experience.

“I went into the emergency department and I saw a blue curtain. The nurse quietly said to me, 'Are you ready?'. I didn't think twice about it, but as she opened those curtains and I saw the backs of six people physically restraining my daughter, I knew I wasn't ready,” she said.

That began three hours of a “rollercoaster ride” of fits, hallucinations, vomiting and a racing heartbeat.

“It was the most frightening experience of my life,” the mother said.

The doctors tried to find out from the young woman's friend what she had taken but all she could tell them was that it was called Louis Vuitton. Finally, after several phone calls to the girls' friends, they found out it was MDMA.

“But they (doctors) said they can't do anything for ecstasy,” her mother said.

Her daughter said she had been taking ecstasy occasionally for about eight months as it was cheaper than drinking.

She and her friends bought the tablets that night at a party, from someone who was taking orders. They each paid $40 and the tablets arrived later. Although she and a close friend both took the same brand only she suffered the violent reaction.

Crime Prevention Officer Sergeant Nigel Dalton said MDMA affected people differently.

“There have been cases where people have died after one tablet,” Sgt Dalton said.

The daughter said ecstasy culture was rife here.

“It's massive up town I would say 70-75 per cent of people are on drugs of some kind. It is readily available. Once you know one person you find out how to get it,” she said.

The young woman is now recovering but her mother said she wanted everyone to know just how dangerous the drug could be.

“I want to tell people because if just one person reads this and decides to stop taking ecstasy I will be happy.”

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2009/03/31/teens-night-of-hell-after-one-ecstasy-tablet/

I only just spotted this :\ so better late then never ...

I find that story very strange - I suspect it wasn't MDMA. Speed bomb? PMA?

They actually mention MDMA this time, rather than just saying "mysterious ecstasy tablets." Was there really no test for drugs in her system? Please don't tell me they just went on her friends' suggestion that it was MDMA alone . . .

Friends of mine have had the LV's getting around SE QLD and from what they sey, they are quite a decent dose of MDxx...

I saw this story this morning and was going to post it but I thought I had already seen it here.

Clearly fits, hallucinations and vomiting are the traits of taking MDMA, right guys?

I dont even think it was MDMA but no ones knows until a lab analysis. Ive seen people who had epilepsya and had fits before.

I STRONGLY doubt that was MDMA.

And none of this would have happened if the Government gave real education.
Fucking propaganda.

But then again for that price you'd wanna hope it was MDMA.

its funny to me but alot of ppl would be takeing that shit as gospel....:\

I highly doubt she took just one if it were actually MDMA, probably double or tripple dropped which happened to be way beyond her tolerance, which I've seen happen to a guy.

6 people to hold her down... I know they breed them tough up north but that tough...

I will not speculate on this kind of stuff as no one but the person involved really knows what went down.

Last edited:
sounds like PMA to me... very similar story to what happened to that dance teacher from syd who croaked about 18 months back. she'd taken a tab, though, as far as i remember. $40 is pretty fucked up to say the least :/

yea the lack of a toxicology screening and the fact her friend reacted fine to the same pills seems a lil suspicious to me. i think there is ALOT that the girl and her friends are not telling the authorities. she prbably took another drug with the E and had a bad reaction or took way to many tabs. because the chance of two users who both have not had allergic reactions to mdma reactiong difrently to the same pill is weird. and if it was mdma there would be no reason for her hysterical reaction. so im going to say alot of factors we dont know about tand the media doesnt care about so it can jsut make ecstasy look worse.

the fact remains, though, that teenagers taking drugs is always going to be more of a danger than, say, 25+ year old adults doing it. the brain, being in its final stages of development, is going to be undergoing a lot more change at that time, and to throw drugs into the mix, is merely asking for it.

This kind of journalism is FUCKIN BULLSHIT...it is ridiculously biased and blatantly demonizes MDMA - the article does NOT make a clear distinction between Ecstasy and MDMA.

Placing strict regulations on drugs like this makes their quality WORSE and WORSE, whilst statistics indicate usage is RISING. Logically, more people will be getting hurt. I wish the government and those trying to spout this propaganda bullshit will wake up - PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS USE MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES, AND YOU ARE THE ONES MURDERING THEM WITH YOUR RUBBISH. :p

If the media mentioned every violent crime or overdose on alcohol that occurs every weekend in Sydney alone, there would be no space to fit the normal news. They just LOVE to pick on MDMA for some reason, a drug which in itself does not harm society.

she had been activley taking drugs for 8 months and this is the first time shes been in this situation i highly doubt it was the same drug that she has taken before if this is the first episode like this one but who knows with out any back ground just sounds like a small od or toxic overload spewing and convulsing and what not.
doesnt sound like the work of 1 $40 pill of MDMA though telling a tall one to keep mummy happy i think.

that sort of price isnt uncommon over in perth
speaking oof which we have LV's over here atm as well.
no good feedback from people i've asked

The LV's doing the rounds in WA are pretty nice pills. Clean, medium MDMA.