Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 13-07-09 - Police raid nets ecstasy laced with chalk

JoshE

Bluelight Crew
Perth police say the recent seizure of a batch of ecstasy tablets laced with chalk highlights the dangers of using illicit drugs.

Police say they found the drugs and more than $13,000 in cash during a routine traffic stop of a man's car in West Perth.

A search of the 39-year-old man's home in Munster uncovered more than 2,000 tablets and more cash.

Detective Inspector Paul La Spina says chalk from a hardware store was used to colour the drugs.

He says users usually have no idea what is been put into drugs during their manufacture.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/13/2624464.htm

HAHAH

is eating chalk in small amounts bad for you ?

they would have used the chalk as a binder under pressure ... most people color their pills with food dye ...

doesn't mean the pills were shit ...

wish they showed us photo of the pills...

Traffic stop leads to discovery of ecstasy lab: police
13th July 2009, 12:00 WST

A traffic stop has led police to allegedly uncover a rare ecstasy lab operating in Perth’s southern suburbs.

Officers stopped a 39-year-old man who was driving a Holden utility on the Mitchell Freeway, West Perth, over a minor traffic offence but allegedly discovered 15 ecstasy pills and $13,125 in cash on July 2.

A search of the man’s home, on Musulin Rise in Munster, allegedly uncovered more than 2000 ecstasy pills weighing 580g, more than 440g of MDMA powder and $2,500 in cash.

Police also allegedly found a manual pill press and a number of binding agents and dyes that are believed to have been used to cut down higher grade MDMA to produce poorer quality pills at the house.

The man has been charged with two counts of possession of a prohibited drug with intent to sell or supply and one count of preparing a prohibited drug.

Organised crime squad Det-Insp. Paul La Spina said the matter highlighted the dangers of illicit drug use.

“Chalk you could buy from a hardware store was used to colour the product. There is no quality control of the drug made, and users have no way of knowing what has been put into the drug during its manufacture,” Det-Insp La Spina said.

The man is expected to appear in the Perth District Court August 28.

Ecstasy is usually made in Europe and trafficked in to Australia via the Eastern States before being distributed across Australia for sale on the streets.

PERTH
LEE RONDGANGER

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&ContentID=154972

If there was a pic, i'd probably be going for these haha - chalk's probably the best thing a pill could be "laced" with, after mdxx of course.

Cops also said x amount of people have died from this batch :/.... Don't step in the bullshit people.. They showed pictures on the news, the pills were green in color, cant remember the logo though :(

Also thanks to kingpin007 for a more detailed new's report.

Last edited:
more than 440g of MDMA powder

Omnomnomnom.
Perth police say the recent seizure of a batch of ecstasy tablets laced with chalk highlights the dangers of drug prohibition.

Fixed.

I don't see the big deal, I don't think chalk is harmful in small quantities, sounds like they were just using it as a binder.

Just saw the news again, the pill's are green, with a X on the front, and a single line on the back.

chalk doesn't appear toxic as a 5 second google search shows....

Just saw the news again, the pill's are green, with a X on the front, and a single line on the back.

there are blue X's that are bzp shit ... -->

17382.jpg

http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=17382

score on back is just the die set being changed on the bottom row.. It's done alot to make same pressed pill look different when its just had different coloring and either a score or no score added...end of the day its still same shit ... its a marketing ploy to sell the pills once people get wind first lot are shit.

A search of the man’s home, on Musulin Rise in Munster, allegedly uncovered more than 2000 ecstasy pills weighing 580g, more than 440g of MDMA powder and $2,500 in cash.

I read that as saying they found 440g of MDMA + binder powder and not pure MDMA powder and I bet its not MDMA powder and once lab tested will be found to be bzp , tfmpp , caffiene and maybe little meth ... ;)

Last edited:
Is there confirmation of deaths from these pills? If there are pills going around that have side-effects that would lead to serious injury or death (in the same context as say, PMA), please make a new thread for it and a mod will sticky it.

Who said all Australia had was pipes eh?

I doubt chalk would be toxic, i mean children play with it right? I'm aware it's probably not the exact same kind but if someone was making dodgy pills, i doubt they'd even bother with any MDMA.

Another scaremongering tactic I'm afraid

While ingestion of calcium carbonate is considered non-toxic, the msds mentions:

Excessive oral doses of calcium carbonate may produce alkalosis and hypercalcemia.

This from wiki

Health and dietary applications

Calcium carbonate is widely used medicinally as an inexpensive dietary calcium supplement or antacid.[7] It may be used as a phosphate binder for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia (primarily in patients with chronic renal failure). It is also used in the pharmaceutical industry as an inert filler for tablets and other pharmaceuticals.[8]

180px-500_mg_calcium_supplements_with_vitamin_D.jpg
500 milligram calcium supplements made from calcium carbonate

Calcium carbonate is used in the production of toothpaste and is also used in homeopathy as one of the constitutional remedies.

Excess calcium from supplements, fortified food and high-calcium diets, can cause the "milk alkali syndrome," which has serious toxicity and can be fatal. In 1915, Bertram Sippy introduced the "Sippy regimen" of hourly ingestion of milk and cream, and the gradual addition of eggs and cooked cereal, for 10 days, combined with alkaline powders, which provided symptomatic relief for peptic ulcer disease. Over the next several decades, the Sippy regimen resulted in renal failure, alkalosis, and hypercalemia, mostly in men with peptic ulcer disease. These adverse effects were reversed when the regimen stopped, but it was fatal in some patients with protracted vomiting. Milk alkali syndrome declined in men after effective treatments for peptic ulcer disease. But during the past 15 years, it has been reported in women taking calcium supplements above the recommended range of 1200 to 1500 mg daily, for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis, and is exacerbated by dehydration. Calcium has been added to over-the-counter products, which contributes to inadvertent excessive intake. Excessive calcium intake can lead to hypercalcemia, complications of which include vomiting, abdominal pain and altered mental status.[9]

A form of food additive is designated as E170.[10] It is used in some soy milk products as a source of dietary calcium; one study suggests that calcium carbonate might be as bioavailable as the calcium in cow's milk.[11]

Illegal drug makers 'using chalk, aspirin'

Posted 3 hours 45 minutes ago
Updated 3 hours 46 minutes ago

The director of the National Drug Research Institute says illegal drug manufacturers appear to be turning to cheaper substances to increase profits.

Police yesterday charged a 39-year-old Perth man with drug manufacturing offences, after allegedly finding more than 2,000 MDMA pills and $2,500 in cash.

Police also allege they found a pill press at the home along with chalk, purchased from a hardware store, to combine with the drugs.

The institute's Steve Allsop says chalk is cheaper than other cutting agents, such as talcum powder or aspirin.

"I think the attraction really is that it's not a product that has any psychotropic properties itself but it simply bulks up the product but it is easy to detect," he said.

Mr Allsop says many substances can be used to cut drugs and all are dangerous.

"Sometimes people have used aspirin, sometimes they'll use other drugs such as amphetamines," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/14/2625082.htm?section=justin

The director of the National Drug Research Institute says illegal drug manufacturers appear to be turning to cheaper substances to increase profits.

Police yesterday charged a 39-year-old Perth man with drug manufacturing offences, after allegedly finding more than 2,000 MDMA pills and $2,500 in cash.

Police also allege they found a pill press at the home along with chalk, purchased from a hardware store, to combine with the drugs.

The institute's Steve Allsop says chalk is cheaper than other cutting agents, such as talcum powder or aspirin.

"I think the attraction really is that it's not a product that has any psychotropic properties itself but it simply bulks up the product but it is easy to detect," he said.

Mr Allsop says many substances can be used to cut drugs and all are dangerous.

"Sometimes people have used aspirin, sometimes they'll use other drugs such as amphetamines," he said.

So dealers are putting chalk into pills so as to increase their margins.

yet almost in the same breath the director of the NDR states that they also put ampetamines into pills.

well which is it, a substances that has hardly any cost or speed that costs significantly? Clearly if you were using speed then you''d be reducing your margin and thus contradicting the first part of your statement

Chalk is bloody rarely used as a binder or cutter. Some use that some use glass some use poison. All in all only dodgey cunts use those sort of cutting and binding agents. The real pros dont.

hahahahahahaha excellent news, I bought 2 of these dodgy ass shitty pills. There was a cross (X) logo and also a heart logo (not to be confused with the REAL green hearts that were around early in the year). The press was very firm and the logo looked shallow and glossy. I saw a photo of his press on ninemsn.com, it was a H frame press you can get from a hardware store.

The pills looked a bit larger then normal. When I looked at it I could see a few noticable white chunks in them (not many). The rest of the pill basically looked like chalk. I had one and a mate had one. I felt fuckall from them. Another mate had 5 in one night and said it basically took 5 to have the feeling of one good pill. My guess is he was putting around 20mgs of the good stuff in them to fool the testers.

Suck shit loser I hope they put you away for 20 years.

As said, chalk is a common excipient in pharmaceutical tablets and is used in MDMA tablets, particularly in combination with other binders. It certainly won't hurt you in minimal amounts. You'd probably be amazed at how many tablets you've consumed with chalk as an excipient or part thereof. Lot's of things can be used as excipients and often are. For example, PVA makes a good binder and was once commonly used in this part of the world. The appearance of PVA pills was usually impressive. Nice shiny hard things they were.

But before anyone pisses their pants in fright, PVA in small doses is considered non-toxic as it's not depolymerised in-vivo. Microcrystalline cellulose is the binding agent most commonly used, but some pharm preperations don't formulate too well with it. (Pill making, when applied to various tablets-drugs really is a combination of art and science). It's probably also getting much harder for drug makers to obtain.

I'd be far more worried about the things you can't see or test for. Toxic contaminants, maois and some of the more nasty substitutes, additives, and adulterants. Chalk! 'Tis kid's stuff by comparison