• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 12.7.09 - Dance party promoter says Melbourne has a drug problem

I want to know how many of these OD are purely a combination of GHB and Alcohol?

Actually very few. Because of the way alcohol and g are metabolized, the alcohol is given metabolic priority, and it takes quite a while to metabolize - which pushes the g back for quite an extended period of time. What happens is later, after the - dumb - user has taken x amount of g (usually +10ml) all the g kicks in at once, once the alcohol is wearing off. and they blow out hard and wind up in hospital.

anyway good riddance to these shit commerical events. They attract stupid cunts, and are just out there to rape peoples wallets. Hardstyle can burn in hell... I'm rapt that they're not bringing defcon to melbourne

^ That's pretty judgemental, you should stop blaming hardstyle fans for your shitty scene. Trance Energy set the records for blowouts, and it was a trance gig, not a single hardstyle act there.

I don't remember the last time I heard a hardstyle fan say 'fuck psy trance it can burn in hell and everyone who listens to it should fuck off,' what happened to the PLUR?

I think you'll find that younger people these days have a lack of respect in general. Not only to themselves (Dickhead OD'ers) but to people in general.

Bring a whole bunch of people that dont have any respect for anyone into the same crammed venue and pump them with drugs, and you can see what is happening here......

I think you'll find that younger people these days have a lack of respect in general. Not only to themselves (Dickhead OD'ers) but to people in general.

Bring a whole bunch of people that dont have any respect for anyone into the same crammed venue and pump them with drugs, and you can see what is happening here......

The problem with the youth of today is they have no respect for anyone. Back in my day, we treated our elders with respect.
These kids they smoke to much of the dope and swallow too much of the ecstacy. Then they go out and listen to the hippy hop music and all of them carry knives. Scum of the earth:p What ever happened to good old fashioned christian values=D

I don't know if education can help a lot of these people. They just have a destructive attitude.

I've met ppl that thought it was cool to blow out and boasted about how many times they've been admitted to emergency. It makes me so mad how these people that don't care can ruin things for the rest of us.

I really think sydney doesnt have any place in a thread about melbourne,

On the contrary - Sydney has been affected by the behaviour of individuals in the Melbourne scene because Trance Energy isn't just scrapped from Melbourne but scrapped from all of Australia in 2010. :\

It's a concern when ID&T, one of the biggest dance production companies in the world, pull one of their productions from our country. Fortunately, they haven't pulled out all together but if their events continue to marred by incidents like those in Melbourne then it will truly be a sad day.

I think it's crap that we are losing a whole string of events because of a few OD's in melbourne. As far as i know, very little GHB is used in Sydney and very few people ever OD. Hopefully Sydney will at least keep the Q-dance events for a few years. Bring sensation to Sydney!

Last edited by a moderator:
From the times I've been to events in melbourne, I'd say that Melb and Sydney have different drug cultures. Or maybe its just that we've had almost a decade of media attention on the dance music scene here in sydney with all the raids, club shut downs and sniffer dogs (we've had the sniffers chase us around venues for far longer than Melb) we're just gotten more media savvy. ;)

Last edited:
The problem with the youth of today is they have no respect for anyone. Back in my day, we treated our elders with respect.
These kids they smoke to much of the dope and swallow too much of the ecstacy. Then they go out and listen to the hippy hop music and all of them carry knives. Scum of the earth What ever happened to good old fashioned christian values

Dunno about the Christian crap.....and hell, you can smoke and swallow all you like but i agree that the young have NO respect...full stop!!!

groundhog thread again :\

it's a pity such events have to miss an entire city because of its track record with past festivals.

Last time i checked, MDMA started the rave scene. :\

Hmmm...Nah.

It was there at the start, but not running the show. There's drugs in ALL scenes, it's just the MDMA was pretty popular with people who were into the new electronic music, dodgy venues, and friendly crowd who didn't drink and fight.

On the same note, shit drugs and loser elements ruin any scene. And there's plenty going around.

I agree, stick to the bush, where the people who care actually take the time to have a good night/weekend out.

I wonder why melbourne has such a culture of reckless drug use, even sydney, with it's similar proliferation of GHB in the scene, doesn't have a fraction of the issues, as the ID&T rep noted.

Because the Burn if fucking hard, innit!
14.gif

i live in Melbourne and I was at Trance Energy. WTF ID&T dont leave :( STUPID GHB BASTARDS!!!!

come to think of it I think I know why that was the case, I know cause before the event there was a huge rumour of their being dogs there and people decided to get ghb instead as it is odorless and undetectible by dogs, and I think that's why there was a problem.

Sound's like your just making an excuse to me.

Sounds like....however.

I do know of simmiler actions among my friends when there was word going around that drug dogs were going to be raiding nightclubs. Some of my friends did indeed start useing GHB (and they always drank with it, some did end up in hospital).

Im not sure when drug dogs started going to festivals and in which state. However if there is a corralation between the introduction of drug dogs first in Melbourn and the sudden rise in GHB then maybe many people are switching drugs to avoid detection.

It would be great if someone like DrPlatapus would be able to get GHB admissions in Melbourn for the last 10years or so and we could find when the introduction of wags(drug dogs) and see if there is a spike around the same time. It would be also pretty intresting if we could get simmiler infomation from other states.

I have no idea on how to access such infomation. If our research bought up a link between the introduction of drug dogs and an increase of GHB ODs (or as the media calls it Grievous bodily harm) the we could write up a report (and give it a funky name like a blue document or blue file) and send it to all the major media outlets. We wont give it to TT or ACA though as we already know they spread misinfomation and can't be trusted to report facts.

If some of the media outlets pick it up, which in this case I think they would as the G problem has got to a point where music promoters are no longer holding festivals, there will be a shit storm.

If there is a link then we can use this festival withdrawlal to our advantage. We can force the police and their dangerous wags back into the spotlight and question them about how

-They have been warned about an increase in dangerous drug use as a result of their presence
-The link to the death of the girl in perth
-Their own report which was ignored that said dogs were dangerous and ineffective

And now throw in
-The massive shift away from drugs like ecstasy towards the drug GHB ( the media calls it Grievous bodily harm ) because people on the street believe it can't be smelled by wags.

Thanks to this event leaveing Melbourn we can use it as powerful evidence for our cause against drug dogs. Its got what the media wants.

-A dangerous drug wave of GHB (the media calls it Grievous bodily harm)
-The wave is so large that music festivals cant go on

And if the link is there bluelight can use it to once again highlight the dangers of drug dogs in a large way, also bringing attention to BL and HR in general. If we can name our BL reports something catchy then we can also release future reports and give BL some credability (which would be limited anyway).

Now, all we need is a leader and some body to do all the work!

I hereby appoint drug_mentor to be that person. He's clearly intelligent and feels strongly for the cause. So drug_mentor youd better get started, you got a lot of work ahead of you :p

I wonder why I get all these ideas when iv been drinking. I spose im drinking all the time anyway. I kept calling it GBH to press the point about what the media would love to scare the public with. I do see how this could backfire on us though. This idea has been bought to you by static and the letter G.

if someone can get some stats up i can have a poke at analysing them. i'm pretty cracker at excel, and take stats.

i also know an asstit ton of politicians. lets do it.

although no guarantees, got heaps of accounting shit to these days. aren't hospital admissions REQUIRED to be available on a statistical/research basis?