• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 12.7.09 - Dance party promoter says Melbourne has a drug problem

Seriously, too many people are blaming lack of MDMA for the shift towards negative attitudes.

Last time i checked, MDMA started the rave scene. :\

It is pretty fucking pathetic imho if the whole tone of an event is based on the drug everyone is on and I fucking love drugs.

HUH?

These events are set up for the large % of people who attend solely to take drugs and dance to electronic music all night.

What sort of rave's do you go to? Seriously?

................................................................................................................
I'm not directly blaming a lack of MDMA but it definately plays it's part in getting a good vibe on at such events. You're kidding yourself if you even try to rule it out.

How often do you get a random hug these days?

It's been a few years since i've been truly immersed in MDMA fueled (entire crowd) peace, love, unity and respect at a big Melb event.

The Melb scene took a steep dive in the mid 00's.

The best raves were flooded with high MD** pills. Some that come to mind are: safe sex durex's, yellow panda's, red mitsubishi's, green CU's, red stars, green united nations, purple hearts etc.

I for one will stick to molly+LSD in the Aussie bush doof scene where the PLUR still flows like a river and the disrespectful don't last long :)

Last I checked the rave scene had changed considerably from when it started even when MDMA was still about.

Just because a large percentage of people are on drugs doesn't mean they didn't come with a certain attitude before they took the drugs.

I never said that it had NOTHING to do with it, I was responding to posts that seemed to me to be solely blaming the drop in pill quality which is a bit of a cop out.

Fuckheads will be fuckheads, whether they are on quality MDMA, LSD, GHB, meth, etc. that is he point I am making, people didn't magically become fuckwits when the good pills ran out, if that was the case it really would say a lot about the so called PLURy ravers.

Last time i checked, MDMA started the rave scene. :\

HUH?

These events are set up for the large % of people who attend solely to take drugs and dance to electronic music all night.

What sort of rave's do you go to? Seriously?

................................................................................................................
I'm not directly blaming a lack of MDMA but it definately plays it's part in getting a good vibe on at such events. You're kidding yourself if you even try to rule it out.

How often do you get a random hug these days?

It's been a few years since i've been truly immersed in MDMA fueled (entire crowd) peace, love, unity and respect at a big Melb event.

The Melb scene took a steep dive in the mid 00's.

The best raves were flooded with high MD** pills. Some that come to mind are: safe sex durex's, yellow panda's, red mitsubishi's, green CU's, red stars, green united nations, purple hearts etc.

I for one will stick to molly+LSD in the Aussie bush doof scene where the PLUR still flows like a river and the disrespectful don't last long :)

I'm only young and I've already realized this, I'm making the transition to Doofing. Lads and Pipes have ruined the scene...

Fuckheads will be fuckheads, whether they are on quality MDMA, LSD, GHB, meth, etc. that is he point I am making, people didn't magically become fuckwits when the good pills ran out, if that was the case it really would say a lot about the so called PLURy ravers.

This is very true, "lads" "muzzas", whatever description you wanna give em are gernerally not the PLURy ravers, they are just attracted to the popular scene, "cos everyone is doing it, mate!".

The EDM scene is so big, you are going to get em in it!!!!

To be honest I don;t think the number of blow outs has much to do with the quality of MDMA dropping. Blow outs at nig events have been happening for years in melbourne, and were occuring when the pills were still good. I think there is a certain group, particularly within the whole hardtrance/PHD scene, who are irresponsible with drugs in general, and when they take G, they are just as irresponsible with that. Whilst been a drug pig with MDMA, and to a lesser extent speed, won't land you in too much trouble, with G it easily can.

I think certain scenes in Melbourne have always had an agro vibe, particularly more of the mainstream club scene. I must admit I haven't been to hard dance clubs or events for ages (last event was pharmacy 05), but these type of events always have a good mix of agro, egos and cool people as well. I think the more mainstream events like summerdayze have alot more agro and egos, and general rudeness than hard dance events and clubs.

I don't know why there are more blow outs in Melbourne. Is it because hard dance has a much bigger following compared to sydney? I know the big hard dance clubs still go strong in Melbourne.

The rave scene in Sydney is still amazing, stop complaining..

The lads don't ruin it for anybody, i've had trouble from one group of lads before and it was outside and because they were kicked out of the event. Still an unbeleivable amount of plur and i receive random hugs left and right.

The pill quality is rising (not all over, but definately at raves) attended one on the weekend and i had great pills, many of the same people i talked to were on the same ones (green squirrels) and were loving it.

I've tried the green squirrels twice and they had fairly different effects. However once was at the rave and the other time was just chilling out with a few of my mates so i blame that entirely on set/setting.

It's not just Melbourne that has a drug problem, plenty of drugs are used in Sydney, we're just more responsible and use the right drugs on the right occasions. Don't know why anybody would want to use anything other than ecstasy or speed at a rave anyway.

I'm not surprised by this at all.
Having moved back to Brisbane from Melbourne, I've noticed rampant out in the open drug use isn't as bad as it used to be in the valley as it was few years ago.
Melbournes clubs and festivals on the other hand are just ridiculous.

Don't know why anybody would want to use anything other than ecstasy or speed at a rave anyway.

I think cheaper options are a big problem. G fits that one for sure

Aus pills are expensive

I love dancing on LSD, K and some 2C's just to name a few. Each to their own

I'm not surprised by this at all.
Having moved back to Brisbane from Melbourne, I've noticed rampant out in the open drug use isn't as bad as it used to be in the valley as it was few years ago.
Melbournes clubs and festivals on the other hand are just ridiculous.

It's rediculous at some events. Big groups of people sitting down all doing massive charges of g, dancing till it wares off and then repeating it all night.

I won't get into the Melbourne dance scene culture discussion as I'm not at all familiar with it.
Just wanted to add that perhaps this incident (or the 26 incidents) was due to one idiot making/diluting a large batch of G that was too strong? Doesn't take long for it to be shared around. I'm not suggesting this is what happened just that it is possible.

I can see from the thread that there is definitely some social issues with the dance scene in Melbourne. I have seen some similar issues in the Sydney dance scene and I hardly ever go out in Sydney any more.

Personally I don't find G much of a party drug and would prefer to have it at home than out dancing. But I think the same of K too.
I get the sense that many posters are against the use of G at parties by anyone..? Anyone that feels that way care to elaborate?

Whatever your own opinions are I think it's a pretty big thing for a party promoter to make such strong comments in public. I hope it has the right effect and not just more "evils of drugs" messages from the media.

DO ANY REGULAR G USERS HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD???

I've only had GHB a few times many years ago in my late teens when it was a pure clear liq. 2-3ml with a point or more of good shard and you are seriously charging.

I make a point of looking at different types of drugs even if i don't use them just to see what's out there and in recent years, most of the G i have seen has been coloured and is surely watered down.

Could be the difference in potency between batches making it easier for people to blow out on?

Seeing ambo officers working on people beside many dance floors at events around melb really put me off.

I want to know how many of these OD are purely a combination of GHB and Alcohol?

It bet it is at least 50%! Silly buggers.

Why take G when you have booze, and it is legal?

Each to their own I guess, but really, how can one drug cause so much trouble? It is not thaaaat good.

How can one enjoy an event when they are so wasted that they don't know what they are doing? Pisses me off.

PLUR was more than just a motto, it was a way of life. Being in control of ones body was at the very core of that movement. It was the exploration of ones inner self that brought us closer together.

The only people these buggers on G are getting close to are the paramedics.

I do not question GHB as a substance, as I know full well how important it is for some medical conditions. No, I don't blame the drug, I blame the uneducated!

Education through avenues such as Bluelight does not only save lives, but it may well also have ramifications further into society, culture, etc.

That is enough for now... I hope the guys that blew out on G at this event have scared themselves to death, learned a lesson, and stay away from drugs from now on.

So I've never tried this G.. do people usually just come to from their coma and their fine? Are there many od's if theres no other drugs involved (like benzos/alcohol/heroin, downers) or is it realtivkey harmless, the people just fall out and come back as long as their attended to?

Just curios, I hear of a lot of people who fall out on G and are revived just fine.. seems to have a bigger saftey net than say IV heroin or whatever, like do people still breath on their own during a small-moderate GHB od?

I think it's similar to alcohol, most people who blow out wake up just fine.

The problem with G, aside from combining it with other downers, is that it's very hard to dose accurately, as a result of it being an impure street drug. Not only is it impossible to know your product is pure, but the doseage is very small.

With alcohol, it's very hard to accidently get completely trashed because it's so diluted. You can easily measure your intake and you're forced to moderate it to an extent because you can only drink so much liquid.

With G, this isn't the case, since the doseage is in the 1 - 3ml range. It's very hard to accidently overdose on booze, since you're constantly taking it in in larger quantities of liquid. Even if you take an extra mouthful or two, that's only a small portion of a dose. But with G, you can dose 2ml instead of 3ml and your dose has gone up by 50%, which can be enough to go from 'I feel good' to 'what the fuck just happened' Now take into account that you can't measure the purity, so that 3ml could be the equivelant to 6ml of your last batch because it's twice as strong, and suddenly you're seizing up in an ambulance and waking up with an IV drip in the emergency ward.

Ironically, if GHB was regulated and diluted like alcohol, it would be just as safe, and probably healthier, since to my knowledge GHB is not a neurotoxin and causes far less damage to the body. Another situation where drug prohibition has created massive problems where they need not exist. There's irony for you. Instead of being illegal because it's dangerous, the only reason it's dangerous is because it's illegal.

^ It is pretty much the case with every drug though, even dangerous drugs dangers are increased 10 fold by prohibition. It is senseless but somehow 99% of people out there can't figure it out.

I have never tried G, i don't plan on actively seeking it either..if it does come up i will try it though.

The people that i know that have tried it say the key is trusting your sources, and making sure you get the same potency each time. ALWAYS try a tiny bit first and guage an average dose from that. And for fucks sake, don't over-do it. It isn't ecstasy, you can die very easily..

G.. You don't know what it will do to you... No wait thats Ecstasy, damn got my anti-drug slogans mixed up... To the advertising agency: Can we have some consistency please?

Ironically, if GHB was regulated and diluted like alcohol, it would be just as safe, and probably healthier, since to my knowledge GHB is not a neurotoxin and causes far less damage to the body. Another situation where drug prohibition has created massive problems where they need not exist. There's irony for you. Instead of being illegal because it's dangerous, the only reason it's dangerous is because it's illegal.

This is very true.

However, if they were to make G legal they would have to make alcohol illegal. Also alcohol has an advantage in that it brings on a nasty hangover effect when abused. This hangover effect is sort of self limiting on most people... and is not evident when using G.

It is in the public interest not to have both drugs accessible at the same time.

Once again, if education was number 1 priority, then there would be no problem in the first place.

They could just prohibit selling both at the same venue?

It's all hypothetical bullshit, the government is far too invested in this farce of a war on drugs to ever consider legalizing them. Maybe next century.

At the very least signs indicating that mixing G + Alcohol = Bloody Idiot

Like you said, maybe next century when fags and alcohol are banned, cancer is cured and aids is a fable.