• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates New Cannabinoids Overview and Review thread

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
maybe we should merge all these difference cannabinoid threads, or this can stay solo as a review, but I wanted to make something that shows what we know and the effects of all these new cannabinoids

Delta 8 - Δ8-THC
#######################
General: Approximately 50-60% less potent than THC but has a nearly identical high. Less psychedelic, less anxiety, strong body high, has medical benefits similar to cannabis. Feels most like a pure indica strain.
Duration: 2-4 hours (vaped) 3-5 hours (oral)
Quality: D8 products are fairly reliable now, but there are still a few bunk products out there. Check reviews online.
Availability: in most headshops and vape stores, it's everywhere
Tolerance: Tolerance develops at around the same rate as cannabis use, maybe slightly slower to develop. The reduced potency of D8 becomes very apparent once tolerance builds up.
Origin: naturally occurring in cannabis

Delta 6 - Δ6a10a-THC
#######################
coming soon

Delta 10 - Δ10-THC
#######################
coming soon

HHC - Hexahydrocannabinol
#######################
coming soon

THC-O-Acetate - O-acetyl-Δ9-THC
#######################
General:
Approximately 300% MORE potent than THC. More psychedelic than cannabis, it has classical psychedelic properties when taken in high dose/low tolerance. Lasts approximately 50-100% longer than cannabis. It has a very clear headed, euphoric high in lower doses and a more intense trippy, almost empathogenic high at higher doses. Can be very sedating, more so than cannabis. There is very little anxiety or thought loops. I quite love this compound, yet it does have some concerning qualities namely it's incredibly quick tolerance build up (which reminded me more of synthetic cannabinoids than cannabis). It also has a strange delayed cough. It's incredibly smooth when vaped and then 20 minutes later you develop a cough. The safety of this compound is a bit questionable. I highly advise dosing this orally until we know more.
Duration: 7-10 hours (vaped) 8-14 hours (oral)
Quality: THC-O products vary widely in quality. Most products are HEAVILY diluted. Do not believe the label on the product that says a certain purity. I bought a few products that contained zero THC-O and were complete scams. CHECK LAB RESULTS WITH THIS ONE. The chemical process to make this stuff involves very dangerous chemicals and impurities.
Availability: in a few niche headshops, mostly available online
Tolerance: Develops very rapidly, more quickly than cannabis. After 1-2 days it becomes very apparent. Tolerance also takes longer to fade with this one. There seems to be only minor cross tolerance to other cannabinoids.
Origin: Semi-synthetic, must be made in a lab and does not naturally occur in cannabis. It's unclear as to how it is made as the most direct route (acetic anhydride) is a schedule 1 precursor. Bit of a mystery.
*Special Warning* - Do not vape Binoids brand THC-O. It's cut with MCT oil which should NOT be vaped and causes lung pain/irritation/wheezing! OK to take orally and a fairly potent brand, but don't vape it.

THC-P - Δ9-THCP
#######################
coming soon, from the wiki:

(-)-Trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiphorol (Δ9-THCP, (C7)-Δ9-THC, and THC-Heptyl), is a potent phytocannabinoid, a CB1 and CB2 agonist which was known as a synthetic homologue of THC,[1] but for the first time in 2019 was isolated as a natural product in trace amounts from Cannabis sativa. It is structurally similar to Δ9-THC, the main active component of cannabis, but with the pentyl side chain extended to heptyl. Since it has a longer side chain, its cannabinoid effects are "far higher than Δ9-THC itself." It is said to have at least 30 times higher affinity to cannabinoid receptors than THC.[2] The binding activity of Delta-9-THCP against human CB1 receptor in vitro is Ki = 1.2 nM.[3] and the binding activity of Delta-8-THCP against human CB1 receptor in vitro is Ki = 22 nM.[4]

The Δ8 isomer is also known as a synthetic cannabinoid under the code name JWH-091 but should not be confused with other JWH compounds of unrelated structure classes such as JWH-018, an indole which structurally unrelated to JWH-091 but happens to include JWH in it's nickname. ,[5][4] It's unconfirmed whether or not Delta-8-THCP is found naturally in cannabis plants, but likely is due to Delta-8-THC itself being a degraded form of Delta-9-THC. [6] JWH-091 has approximately double the binding affinity at the CB1 receptor (22nM ± 3.9nM) in comparison to Delta-9-THC (40.7nM ± 1.7nM) or Delta-8-THC (44nM ± 12nM).[4] but appears significantly lower in vitro than the binding activity of Delta-9-THCP (Ki = 1.2 nM CB1)[3]

interesting... so D9-THCP is naturally occurring however D8-THCP may not be and is also JWH-091!!! wow

Last edited:
I made a megathread that links to all of the separate threads, so would be counterproductive to merge them all.

I can add this thread to the megathread though, that could be helpful.

I made a megathread that links to all of the separate threads, so would be counterproductive to merge them all.

I can add this thread to the megathread though, that could be helpful.
maybe I'll just keep it solo as a quick facts/overview thread for now? I'm still building it anyways

maybe I'll just keep it solo as a quick facts/overview thread for now? I'm still building it anyways
Eh 🤔🤷 I already added it. It's already a useful resource to have with all of the figures and stuff, don't think that shit is referenced too much in the various megathreads. So unless you really don't want it to be on the index, I'll just leave it.

Eh 🤔🤷 I already added it. It's already a useful resource to have with all of the figures and stuff, don't think that shit is referenced too much in the various megathreads. So unless you really don't want it to be on the index, I'll just leave it.
its coo

dance-funny.gif

@Negentropic

So what you mean is a bit like a glossary of cannabinoids with a brief description/write up next to them and then a link to the mega threads?

@Negentropic

So what you mean is a bit like a glossary of cannabinoids with a brief description/write up next to them and then a link to the mega threads?
yeah, specifically the compounds which have come out in the last 1-2 years in the US which are legal under the 2018 hemp bill

Exciting times individual cannabinoids! I had stopped vaping and resorted to just smoking my bud. But today took a few hits of a D8 cart and was surprisingly stoned. I think tolerance does develop quick as well as goes away as quick. I remember reading in Andrew Weil's From Chocolate To Morphine (a controversial book to come out in the 80's but right at home today) and he said even a 24 hour break does lower tolerance and for me that is true. Just taking one day off makes it a lot stronger again for the next few times. I really should take a month off but that is not happening right now.

Nice thread Negentropic. I like all the little details as well as breaking cannabis apart piece by piece and commenting on individual cannabinoids. I have not tried D10. But I can say going from D back to regular bud seems to lessen tolerance there too

I think tolerance does develop quick as well as goes away as quick.
i found this in my own D8 use too. after 3-4 days of using the vape cartridge (usually 3-6 hits each night) i would barely get high. but then even one day off got rid of most of the tolerance