Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Name the best television shows you have seen last twenty years

I don't but I need to harness it for my new venture that's for sure! Lol!
I get it, WWVMD is something I use as a strategy tool.someone says some smartass remark to you just WWVMD that shit.someone tries to get one over on you WWVMD that shit.WWVMD always guides my hand.
If anyone doesn't know WWVMD= what would Vic Mackey do.

Note to all, this has absolutely nothing to do with the current political situation.

Seriously ...

Well I hope not ...

Oh heck, heaven help us all :rolleyes:

I sat on the giant letter block boxes & heeled them like a drummer
Bozo had a short fuse...

Just binge watched The Watchmen series. Enough mind-bending time travel flashbacks to make it an enjoyable challenge to follow. Requires your full attention to keep up.

Besides that the best thing I've seen was the first series of Westworld. It went downhill in the subsequent series.

Dunno if movies are allowed here (but I'm sure this post would be moved to the correct thread by a mod. if there is one i.e. I couldn't find one).

Guess I have "the usual cult and treasured classics":

In specific order:

American History X (but only the first half) (and pretty sure that last remark is not going to endear me to many given what's going on in the world today)
Less Than Zero (the fucking movie that was solely responsible for my having my first line of coke in life i.e. so much for a 1980's version of harm reduction)
Full Metal Jacket
Requiem For A Dream
Trainspotting (the original first one)
Boondock Saints (the original first one)

And last but definitely not least and of course:

Scarface! Lol!

Of course for light entertainment there's always Pirates Of The Caribbean and basically most Al Pacino movies.

I'm quite a balanced individual if I look at the above wouldn't you say? Lol!
Requiem for a dream was such a fuking downer.another downer was 21grams.

I'd also include Vikings to that list ^^

Other notable and of quality shows:

Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Deadwood
Walking Dead
Chernobyl
Rome

Not as good, but still enjoyable:

Billions
Sneaky Pete
Carnivale, you will enjoy it :)
See it as a funky mix between Twin Peaks and Deadwood ;)

The West Wing
Babylon Berlin
Dark
Carnivàle
United States of Tara
Twin Peaks
Halt and Catch Fire
Doctor Who
Cosmos (Carl Sagan)
Luther
Battlestar Galactica
The Dick Van Dyke Show
The Prisoner
The Expanse
Bob's Burgers
30 Rock
The Office
Parks and Recreation
Firefly
Lost

The Night Of (2016)
The_Night_Of_Miniserie_de_TV-290793500-large.jpg

I don't know if this qualifies as a Tv series or Tv show since it's actually a miniseries with not many episodes but it must be the best I have seen in years. The first episode really makes you tense an uncomfortable just like the lead character. I love the ending too. It's bittersweet but realistic.

Shit. I have the first season of The Sopranos on Bluray but have I never seen it? Is it as good as the critics say?? Last time I got carried away by critics I was so disappointed (The Wire).

The original, Beano, Dennis the Menace cartoons were pretty cool. They had a moving, psychedellic aspect about them.

It's just a shame that practically everything mainstream television, however apparently entertaining, intetesting and fun and innocent, is just part of an enormous and very clever, controlled, censored, propaganda mind programming and conditioning programme.

Especially films. This is essentially, ever since it's wider arrival 70 years ago or more, is the single and sole purpose and function of the television and film industry.

Hynosis, bewitchment, predictive programming, distraction with phoney entertainment which has to be within a certain level of shitness at all times.

Nowadays, every mainstream produced television programme, cooking shows aside and other dreamy hypnotic escapist little distractions....is designed to subtly yet powerfully enhance anxiety and fear.

Movies have purely been a long wielded and conjured tool of predictive programming and mental conditioning, ever since ever.

Shit. I have the first season of The Sopranos on Bluray but have I never seen it? Is it as good as the critics say?? Last time I got carried away by critics I was so disappointed (The Wire).
The Sopranos was all the rage, but to me is just another craftily disguised dressed up as raw, exciting life, tool to make you more unhappy and at unease deep inside your mind.

Oh hey...I've got a great shout- Sabrina the Teenage Witch!

Game of thrones is the worst show I know of for true project fear, doom and gloom.

The effect of the programme, choreography, plot, themes, sound, energy etc is a very powerful weapon and has a very negative effect on our biology and cells and consciousnesx.

Which is why they made it, and went all out to make it as captivating as possible.

Myself, lately, I get far more pleasure, enjoyment and therapy from watching fishing dvd's.