• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Mushroom Trip - always the same issues

Why would soaking mushrooms in lemon juice produce psilocin? I heard it was carling black label you had to soak them in 😀

4-aco and shrooms, even if chemically seem the same, experiencially are radically different.

Not slightly. Not placebo. Radically different. One is heavy and poisonous and the other is light as a drangonfly wing. You can have all the theory that you want, but the practice is what it is

And the proof is in the pudding.

To OP>try half a dose and going outdoors with your closest friend

I've been interested in this. Do you have to adjust the dosage?
A little it's a lot stronger. Me and a few others I've chatted with consider psilocybin much darker and more challenging than the light heartened of psilocin. Eating the mushrooms like normal this usually manifests as a difficult "come up" and bliss at the end. Lemon tek skips the hard part IME

Mushies contain baeocystein and norbaeocystein which are N-methyl and demethylated N which are believed to produce bad effects or a bad trip. THe previous posters are right if you can get a pure psilocin or psilocybin or even venture into the psilacetin it might be better. I've had a bad trip on mushrooms once where I thought everyone could read my thoughts and was telling me I was a drug addict. I curled up in the fetal position on my bed at the time until I fell asleep and it was better when i woke up. LSD and MDMA are more predictable but LSD lasts longer and has a much more intense manifesting at the end. MDMA is hard to find unadulterated.

4-aco and shrooms, even if chemically seem the same, experiencially are radically different.

Not slightly. Not placebo. Radically different. One is heavy and poisonous and the other is light as a drangonfly wing. You can have all the theory that you want, but the practice is what it is

And the proof is in the pudding.

To OP>try half a dose and going outdoors with your closest friend

How many times have you tried 4aco? How high have you gone dosage wise?

4aco is different to shrooms in one key respect - its better 😀

One thing - forget thw mushroom comparison, push the dose and you encounter its real magic - the higher the dose the more oral dmt it is.

Last edited:
How many times have you tried 4aco? How high have you gone dosage wise?

4aco is different to shrooms in one key respect - its better 😀
4-ho-met is worth mentioning too and the most gentle of the bunch. Except those weird PVCs...

Mushies contain baeocystein and norbaeocystein which are N-methyl and demethylated N which are believed to produce bad effects or a bad trip. THe previous posters are right if you can get a pure psilocin or psilocybin or even venture into the psilacetin it might be better. I've had a bad trip on mushrooms once where I thought everyone could read my thoughts and was telling me I was a drug addict. I curled up in the fetal position on my bed at the time until I fell asleep and it was better when i woke up. LSD and MDMA are more predictable but LSD lasts longer and has a much more intense manifesting at the end. MDMA is hard to find unadulterated.
Idk where you live, but in Europe mdma is usually very high quality..
There have even been some med grade mdma circulating.
Its insanely clean and 100mg is easily as strong as +150mg of the street stuff.
Alot less nasty on the comedown aswell.

US, country. So if you just come across somebody saying they have MDMA, it might be, but Molly is probably an analogue of MDMA. Festivals tend to produce good quality rolls, but still. @Bitchniggaz

4-ho-met is worth mentioning too and the most gentle of the bunch. Except those weird PVCs...

Cant find many of the 4- in the uk its a shame cos i love every one i try. Put a 4 in front of it and i go week at the knees...

+The point about nitrous is legit, had a beautiful 1cP-LSD experience while on like 120mg DXM (don't do at home, kids. Serotonin and stuff) and I'm absolutely prone to anxiety. Wrote psychedelics completely off for a decade after some pretty traumatizing shroom experiences in my teens - not visual tho, experienced 'purified' anxiety and terror of impending doom, until recently I had no visuals whatsoever besides some little morphing for years now very probably (? always thought that but recently s/b around here questioned it- still one of the very first shroom trips had imaginery and then it disappeared, so...) because of long-term SNRI abscription*.

Could you tell me more about what you've seen and in which sense you think it isn't just a product of unconscious fears? I'm seriously interested in 'horror trips', not to spread them, but to analzye and either debunk or (to myself, at some point) prove that this here right now isn't the only thing which should be named reality.

On a recent DXM experience I had the sense to be about to die off a heart attack related to serotonin syndrome (yet again, probably just fears because I am fucking hugely tolerant to serotonin, did accidentally a SNDRA+MAOI and SNRI short afterwards and didn't get the slightest adverse symptoms. In moderation tho, and I consider myself [un..?]lucky to be still alive. But I have some heart condition which isn't diagnosed, docs think it's been the stomach but I'm sure it's not cause ever since I have tachycardia).. a voice told me, they were 'starting the operating system' (related to me as a somewhat computer geek, use often technical terms to imaginate things) when I was closing my eyes and about to drift away, and the opposite when opening them..

Yeah, at the same time I got images of a ceremony or somewhat, whatever it was about a baby which was just about to be given birth and the woman trying or so, and that when I die my soul might be reborn, going through the same shit again and again and again because of the complete amnesia of a new brain.. or that I could manage to escape.. another imaginery later was, that my death might lead to a new parallel universe where I'd be the sole inhabitant (I was and am very lonely person, so related too) or that I'd wake up in an ocean drowning forever etc.. until now, I didn't find anything pointing towards that things might be more than just me and my mind but there's the obvious point left ... why the fuck are I/are we all conscious?? So, yeah I believe that there is more, but nothing specific. Dunno whether this is a good or a bad starting point to explore psychs - at least the fears aren't so good but also psychs are said to be very helpful in this regard.

-- My fear tells me about that point, that the people just face whatever hell they'd await when they'd kill themselves so they finally find the energy to continue into a better life, not because of healing but pure terror, but the logical mind arguments that there's no way nobody wouldn't have reported that even when some entities had warned them off etc..but maybe all ended up in psych wards.. but again, I am extrapolating from what people in NA groups said, we all experience the same and blabla.. somebody dragged me into NA meetings many years ago when I was miles away from any addiction.

* ABuse preSCRIPTION

No, the active "ingredient" is the same, stop spreading this "4-AcO is different" myth
Ok, so eat an equiv dosage of psilocybin contained in 4-aco, then a dosage another time with (for argument’s sake) the same amount contained in a wood-lover like P.Baeocystis. Your (and everyone’s) effects, sides, etc. are going to be very different. I’v never felt paralyzed from 4-Ao, even at high doses, but an 8th of wood lovers will show you your assumption is just that and lacks any theoretical framework.
The entourage effect of various other “ingredients,” as you call them, contained in a mushroom body may indeed be adding/modulating effects.

And, why not play nice?
Are you an authority on pharmacology? If not, please stop spreading rumours about people spreading “myths.”
It is my actual experience I’m drawing from, combined with hundreds of other anecdotes, which taken as a whole, cast at least serious doubt on your assertion that they’re all the same. For you, 4-aco-dmt may be too similar to an average P mushroom to be distinctive, while for many others, differences occur and are repeatable to a degree.

Certainly in similar camps, but no, the compounds are not identical, nor is how the body metabolizes them.
But they sure are fun, though!

Nausea alone can be distracting as fuck and lead to bad trips I'd say.. imagine tripping while having the flu.

Yeah, people sometimes are too harsh or too fast but I found this board to be outstanding in that degree, in a positive way. Just recently deleted my account on a foreign-language board because of real insults about things I wrote (and these were easily provable through Google)...

Well now you know one who doesn't. Me

Oh that says pretty much everything about the quality of these 4-AcO-uniqueness promoting posts. If you disagree I'd be happy to exchange baking soda for currency (in Minecraft of course), since apparently the chemistry of the substance doesn't matter.

All differences between the two come down to placebo and/or the ROA used, fight me

You don’t seem to have much ability to discern between effects…. It’s ok, nothing wrong with that. But I can tell you more people than not feel differences between mushrooms and 4-AcO.

-GC

Are you an authority on pharmacology? If not, please stop spreading rumours about people spreading “myths.”
That just an argument from authority, just because I am not David Nichols doesn't mean I can't tell you this fact about 4-AcO. It's a well known fact that esters get converted to hydroxyl groups very quickly. And like I said, the acetoxy group is too large for this prodrug to have any effect.

You don’t seem to have much ability to discern between effects…. It’s ok, nothing wrong with that. But I can tell you more people than not feel differences between mushrooms and 4-AcO.

All of the arguments against 4-AcO being merely a prodrug come from very vague and unscientific felt effects.

It's hard to deny placebo when one is a mushroom and one is a chemical powder, just the atmosphere itself is entirely different.

So whats it breaking down to in high doses hooh? Psilocin or dmt? Why does it feel a lot more like dmt than mushrooms?

I think you are accessing your akashic record. Psychedelics open our third eye temporarily and give us access to the other dimensions, past lives of which we could have had hundreds. And even future lives as above third density linear time does not exist.

To weigh in on the eternal 4-aco vs 4-ho debate, pharmacokinetics matters as to the subjective experience of the drug. If 4-aco is producing a quicker peak in brain levels of 4-ho, that is likely enough to produce large subjective differences in effects.

To weigh in on the eternal 4-aco vs 4-ho debate, pharmacokinetics matters as to the subjective experience of the drug. If 4-aco is producing a quicker peak in brain levels of 4-ho, that is likely enough to produce large subjective differences in effects.
What?

The speed a drug goes into your brain will alter the subjective effects. Heroin versus morphine is a germane example of acetylation of an alcohol changing the effects of a parent compound.