Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Morphine pills

alexkid

Bluelighter
Been offered morphine pills in 30mg and 60mg. The tabs are in a few different bright colours.. and i might try taking one soon.

any feedback?

I was addicted to them MST pills for a number of years until I quit. Used to take 30mg, 60mg, 100mg pills (purple, orange and grey). Wiping the outer dye off with water then crushing, add water, IV etc.. What we used to do here was add baking soda + AA solution to make "cheap mans heroin" a homebake substitute for smack in NZ. Start with only 15mg of morphine first! instead of IV - railing a line is ok I found. Stay safe!!!

i plan on trying a 30mg tab first.. most likely in halves. (swallowed)

p03331a1.jpg

they would all be slow release yes?

mmm, before i found this site i stupidly took 2 of those orange ones

They are slow release. Use a cotten bud with water on it to wash off the outer colouring befor using them. Crush the pill and snort, for a first try only do 15mg. Any more would be a danger to people without opiate tollerance. (most opiates have cross tolerance so take than into acount to)
Watch out these little buggers can give you a tast for yea olde morphine.

Hmmm.I don't know if this is in the spirit of HM...but,Don't swallow the pill!!The bioavailability is severely reduced....if IV notyour thing(shooting morphine sucks anyway),then crush and snort it....30mg up the nose is about!?! 10mg IV,no one is going to OD from that,regardless of tolerance or lack thereof,10mg IV is a standard theraputic dose!....enjoy and be careful

:)

why do i need to get the pill colouring off?
+ i don't think i will snort unless you can elaborate why?

I just told you why snorting is better,well at least better value for money,it's also easier to titrate you dose(uncrushed MS contin takes about 2hours to hit me,and it doeswn't peak for 4,try and boost that because 30mg oral will do fuck all for you!)

Personally i think oral morphine is vbest but only if you have pills to waste.

cheers aloowishus!
i was replying above to mongman. (your post was not present on my screen at the time)
thanks for some insight and expereince. just what i was after!

Originally posted by alexkid
why do i need to get the pill colouring off?
+ i don't think i will snort unless you can elaborate why?

The plastic type coating is the time release, without it you will recieve the entire dose as quickly as your body is able to process it. If you keep the time release coating on you will recieve a slow dose of the drug over a longer period of time.

yup, there is a wax substance in the pills that makes them time release (Im not sure how many hours the doc didn't say ;) ) Hence crush and snort around 15 mg or half a purple pill. You will find eating them to be very un-fullfilling

The coating is really the time release, not another myth that went along with oxy's?

^ Since MS Contin and Oxycontin are both made by Purdue Frederick I would say there's a good chance that the time release mechanism is the same in both products.

From Sansom, L.N., "Oral extended-release products", Aust Prescr. 22, pp:88-90 (1999).
The Australian Prescriber [link]
Types of extended-release products:

Diffusion-controlled products
In these systems, there is a water-insoluble polymer which controls the flow of water and the subsequent egress of dissolved drug from the dosage form. Both diffusional and dissolution processes are involved. In `reservoir' devices, a core of drug is coated with the polymer and, in `matrix' systems, the drug is dispensed throughout the matrix. Cellulose derivatives are commonly used in the reservoir types, while the matrix material may be plastics, e.g. methylacrylate-methyl methacrylate, polyvinyl chloride, hydrophilic polymers such as cellulose derivatives or fatty compounds including carnauba wax. Examples of this type of formulation include Plendil ER, Agon SR, Kapanol and Slow-K.

Dissolution-controlled products
In these products, the rate of dissolution of the drug (and thereby availability for absorption) is controlled by slowly soluble polymers or by microencapsulation. Once the coating is dissolved, the drug becomes available for dissolution. By varying the thicknesses of the coat and its composition, the rate of drug release can be controlled. Some preparations contain a fraction of the total dose as an immediate-release component to provide a pulse dose soon after administration. The pellet dosage forms of diffusion- or dissolution-controlled products can be encapsulated or prepared as a tablet. These products should not be chewed as the coating may be damaged. One of the advantages of encapsulated pelleted products is that the onset of absorption is less sensitive to stomach emptying. The entrance of the pellets into the small intestine (where the majority of drug absorption occurs) is usually more uniform than with non-disintegrating extended-release tablet formulations. An example of this type of product is Fefol. [BT: MS Contin is also of this type, I believe].

Erosion products
The release of drug from these products is controlled by the erosion rate of a carrier matrix. The rate of release is determined by the rate of erosion. An example of this formulation is Sinemet CR. With this product, some patients may experience a later onset of effect after the morning dose, compared to conventional levodopa tablets, because of the delayed release of the drug.

Osmotic pump systems
The rate of release of drug in these products is determined by the constant inflow of water across a semipermeable membrane into a reservoir which contains an osmotic agent. The drug is either mixed with the agent or is located in a reservoir. The dosage form contains a small hole from which dissolved drug is pumped at a rate determined by the rate of entrance of water due to osmotic pressure. The rate of release is constant and can be controlled within tight limits yielding relatively constant blood concentrations. The advantage of this type of product is that the constant release is unaltered by the environment of the gastrointestinal tract and relies simply on the passage of water into the dosage form. The rate of release can be modified by altering the osmotic agent and the size of the hole. An example of this type of product is Adalat Oros.

Ion exchange resins
Some drugs can be bound to ion exchange resins and, when ingested, the release of drug is determined by the ionic environment within the gastrointestinal tract. Examples of this type of product are Duromine containing the basic drug phentermine complexed onto an anionic resin, and MS Contin suspension which uses a polystyrene sulphonate resin.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
Railing the pill is alot better than swallowing it! I liked IV'ing morphine due to the typical opiate rush that you get. MST tablets are now off the market and are replaced with a different name brand. Ive seen yellow + clear 10mg morphine gelcaps (morphine in little balls) and really actually thought pethedine was the slow acting pill, after all these years LOL, oh and liquid morphine ampules, drools...

please dont do those pills they are the most fucked up things i have ever done in my life.

i was doing it cause a friend was getting them for his operation.
we did it plenty of times. swallowing is the best by far, but snorting is nicer.
but you will be snorting lines around the 1 ft mark, it's that smooth.
between 4 of us that night we must have done around 30 pills.
3rd day hallucinating bad, friend puking. other friend passed out.
can't piss, can't eat, can't shit, can't do anything really.

orally gives a feeling of pill, although very mellow and controlable.

in other words, dont do it. not worth it at alll and extremely addictive.

good luck