• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

morning glory seeds

Heavenly Blue (ipoemea) grows all over parts of the a major road side on the Sunshine Coast, although residential deveopment is seeing it disappear rather quickly.

I'd always assumed because of the very blue colour that the vines were violacea, as they also look exactly the same as the heavenly blue I grew years ago from commercially sourced seed. But after doing some research on pest plants I'm beginning to wonder, as ipomoea indica is listed as a pest plant throughout parts of the coast (and other parts of Aus & NZ). So for that matter is ipomoea cairica (mile-a- minute morning glory), but it has a distinguishing pink-lilac flower.

When I arrived in the area in '81 the vines covered a long stretch of road (several km) climbed and covered trees, and in parts actually crossed the road. Locals referred to it as morning glory, not as honeysuckle which also has a lilac coloured flower.

Next time I'm heading that way I'll do my best to collect a piece of the vine and establish for sure whether or not it's the better variety.

So does anyone know where the indica strain lies in the LSA scheme of things? Erowid lists indica under ipomoea on this page, but there's no mention of it by name in the photo section.

these pictures look exactly like the two kinds of MG that i see growing wild around WA..

one
two

neither makes seed pods, it just grows like mad

I went for a walk down the bush the other day and happened to walk into a vine with flowers looking very much like what I think is a variety of morning glory... Deffinatly struck me as a little odd and scource for a little more investigation. Might go and snap a picture with my digital camera and post it later... anyway in the mean time here's a pic from Erowid that looks similar...if my memory serves me correct... it looked like the purpley one on the left...

Morning Glory pic from Erowid.org

Can anyone tell me does this look like a seed growing, LSA containing variety? Funny how overseas I walked into a datura bush the same way... never seen either of them in real life before. Maybe some times the plant finds the explorer rather than the explorer finding the plant :D ...now that reminds me of the fun I had out on a mushroom hunt a few years back... must go again some day! fun!

Last edited: