• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methylphenidate and Tramadol

Bad idea, I'd say - listed as one of the many major interaction risks. In general, tramadol isn't safe to mix with any stims or psyches (amongst other things). Seizures and Serotonin Syndrome really aren't worth the risk. Both can be fatal and even if not they are no fun at all I can assure you :|

Thanks, your advice really helped dude.
I'd still love to hear someone's experience with mixing the two tho.

Thanks, your advice really helped dude.
I'd still love to hear someone's experience with mixing the two tho.

I sort of have experience of the combo - not identical but close enough to have a good idea of how it'll go, I'd think. Never used Ritalin but am very fond of MDPV which is close chemical cousin and works in a similar way. Even on very low doses of tram it massively increases the stimulation (not in a good way) and is horribly jittery and anxiety-ridden. Is for me anyway and seems fairly standard from what I've seen.

Way too much dopamine kicking about with nowhere to go, and I think dopamine converts to adrenaline too from (possibly dodgy) memory which isn't too great either - it's really not a fun combo, in my (similarish) experience. Unless you like the combined joys of a lengthy panic attack and feeling like you're having a stroke, maybe.

Have loads of benzos handy, just in case.
I can't imagine not being panicky on this, if it works for you, never do it again.

I'm pretty sure it would be very similar to MDPV + tram and I'm frequently caught out and pissed off when the Drug Fairy leaves a bit of peevee to play with and the first pipe sends me spinning in the wrong way - cue benzos by the fistful, mad paranoia and anxiety, and being really bloody annoyed that tram hangs about in your system so bloody long you forget it's still in there :!

Tram's a bitch for combos. Tis a drug with evil enviez and a vicious temper - really doesn't like you seeing other, prettier drugs behind its back :\

A total of 578 drugs (3302 brand and generic names) are known to interact with tramadol.

* 332 major drug interactions
* 243 moderate drug interactions
* 3 minor drug interactions

linky

That's a lotta dodgy reactions 8o

I sort of have experience of the combo - not identical but close enough to have a good idea of how it'll go, I'd think. Never used Ritalin but am very fond of MDPV which is close chemical cousin and works in a similar way. Even on very low doses of tram it massively increases the stimulation (not in a good way) and is horribly jittery and anxiety-ridden. Is for me anyway and seems fairly standard from what I've seen.

Way too much dopamine kicking about with nowhere to go, and I think dopamine converts to adrenaline too from (possibly dodgy) memory which isn't too great either - it's really not a fun combo, in my (similarish) experience. Unless you like the combined joys of a lengthy panic attack and feeling like you're having a stroke, maybe.

That last part made me LOL... that is exactly how my panic attacks feel. Minus the joys.

I’m prescribed both Tramadol and Ritalin by NHS doctors here in the UK. The directions of use on both medications allow me to use them at the same time. I haven’t had any problems combining the two and I wouldn’t see how they would would interact with each other, they have different mechanisms of action.

We need to be careful not to spread misinformation when posting.

. I haven’t had any problems combining the two and I wouldn’t see how they would would interact with each other, they have different mechanisms of action.

We need to be careful not to spread misinformation when posting.
That's why citing is a good practice.

methylphenidate ↔ tramadol

Applies to:methylphenidate and tramadol

MONITOR CLOSELY: The risk of seizures may be increased during coadministration of tramadol with any substance that can reduce the seizure threshold, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI antidepressants or anorectics), monoamine oxidase inhibitors, neuroleptic agents, central nervous system stimulants, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants, other tricyclic compounds (e.g., cyclobenzaprine, phenothiazines), carbapenems, cholinergic agents, fluoroquinolones, interferons, chloroquine, mefloquine, lindane, and theophylline. These agents are often individually epileptogenic and may have additive effects when combined. Many of these agents also exhibit CNS- and/or respiratory-depressant effects, which may be enhanced during their concomitant use with tramadol.
https://www.drugs.com/drug-interact...th-tramadol-1606-0-2221-0.html?professional=1

"Product Information. Ultram (tramadol)." McNeil Pharmaceutical, Raritan, NJ.
Pisani F, Spina E, Oteri G "Antidepressant drugs and seizure susceptibility: from in vitro data to clinical practice." Epilepsia 40(Suppl 10) (1999): S48-56
Gardiner JS, Blough D, Drinkard CR, et al. "Tramadol and seizures: a surveillance study in a managed care population." Pharmacotherapy 20 (2000): 1423-31