• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamines: A week without

Slim Stims

Bluelighter
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. I'm still pretty new here and I think this is only my third post to the site but I wanted to share because I've learned from the experience that for me personally, daily use is just not the way to go. Aside from the cost of an everyday habit it just isn't fun anymore because that feeling of euphoria and happiness is gone. Anyway, I decided to go a week without using anything at all. I may have mentioned in a previous post about being a "sometimes" stimulant user but I used to be a daily user. I've wanted to share this for a while but like I said, still new here and getting used to the site and having a community to share these things with.

I understand they say there is no physical withdrawal from Methamphetamine, so please know this is all just my experience and how I felt. Whether or not there is a physical withdrawal, I'm not sure of. I know this could've all been a mental thing.

So, on a random Wednesday I woke up and realized I was running very low. I decided it was time for a break anyway and to see how things went without it so I just simply didn't grab anymore. Thursday rolled around and I was okay for the most part. Got up and went to work just a little irritated with small things and felt sluggish. Friday I was much more irritated with everything and sluggish just didn't begin to describe how I felt. Saturday and Sunday I slept all day. Monday hit and I got up, went to work at 8 and started to feel sick around 9. By 9:30 I was throwing up and did so three times between 9:30 and noon. I was sent home. The exact same thing happened on Tuesday and then Wednesday I didn't even make it until 10. My boss just gave me the rest of the week off and said to come back Monday. Both Thursday and Friday I could only sleep and eat. My appetite had spiked so much that I felt like I would never stop eating if I didn't run out of food. Sleep, eat. Sleep, eat. Sleep, eat. It felt like it was never ending. Eventually I decided that I would use again, just more responsibly. Daily use turned into 2-3 days a week, sometimes only every two weeks. I definitely prefer it over what it was before.

The high is better and more consistent. Yes, tolerance still builds quickly but obviously not like it does if you're doing it multiple times a day everyday. The amount of money you save is ridiculous. You're not up for days at a time, so sleep is possible. That along with the fact that you're able to eat is great. No problems with hallucinations, visual or auditory.(Unless you're doing an ungodly amount). And then of course just all around feeling better both physically and mentally.

I have nothing against daily use or anyone who chooses to do so, it just isn't my preference anymore. For those of you that do though, a tolerance break and dropping a few days off makes one hell of a difference. It's hard to do and it takes a while to get used to but it's definitely nice. Feel free to ask any questions about my week without. Whether it be about side effects of not using or just general questions, I will gladly answer them.

Good post. I'm stuck in daily use right now. I also get very sick if I stop.

There is a physical withdrawal. Anyone who says otherwise is confused what a physical withdawal is. If you're dependant on something to feel welll and have symptoms like zero energy, throwing up, cant even make it to work, there's a physical problem. Mental issues, like being scrambled by a high dise of drugs causing your brain to flood with chemicals, or vice versa, is also traceable to physical origins at the root. I've never understood why people want to say meth isn't physical. My puke bucket when I stop the physical presence of meth in my body and brain says otherwise. It's just not as physically debilitating as something like opiates, and separating the brain into an opposing category as mental not being physical (except it is), its actually tougher.

/end rant

I do know the difference why we have physical / mental just nitpicking at something.

Good post. I'm stuck in daily use right now. I also get very sick if I stop.

There is a physical withdrawal. Anyone who says otherwise is confused what a physical withdawal is. If you're dependant on something to feel welll and have symptoms like zero energy, throwing up, cant even make it to work, there's a physical problem. Mental issues, like being scrambled by a high dise of drugs causing your brain to flood with chemicals, or vice versa, is also traceable to physical origins at the root. I've never understood why people want to say meth isn't physical. My puke bucket when I stop the physical presence of meth in my body and brain says otherwise. It's just not as physically debilitating as something like opiates, and separating the brain into an opposing category as mental not being physical (except it is), its actually tougher.

/end rant

I do know the difference why we have physical / mental just nitpicking at something.
I 10000% agree with this. I just know that someone is more than likely going to read this at some point and go off on a "Stimulants don't cause any physical withdrawal symptoms when you come off of them" tangent. But yes, it does. Vomiting, body aches, migraine, lack of energy and even the shits. Those obviously aren't just our minds playing tricks on us. But thank you for taking the time to read and the appreciation of the post. You'll get through it though. It's not the easiest thing to do and some people just quit altogether but no matter what you choose to do, it's possible and you'll get there.

you say that, if you big man run up a GBL addiction then stop. Or methadone.
Heroin if you are little baby.

they are physical withdrawal. I've done each like 2-3 times, 6 for meth.

Meth feels the worst; like, your body tells you it is.
But i dont, at any point while withdrawing from meth, remember having a flash / brain zap so bad i whited out...
... and waking up seizing like fuck, having void myself thru all 3 pathways. like, 9 minutes later.

When I'm withdrawing from meth, I cant stay awake. No matter how hard I try, I'll fall asleep sitting up. It takes me about four days of doing nothing but sleeping. Once I get that out of the way, I have to face the mental battles of going without, and that's not a pretty picture. I'm extremely moody and emotional. I start feeling better once I hit around day seven.

the last time when i stopped i cant remember i had a physical withdrawal. just a very very stressfull psychological one.
immediately after i stop smoking meth i started going to gym again (that actually also a drug for me).
i started gym after 4 months of gym abstinence and i had no problems with strenght or whatever the training went good.
but like i said the psyhological thing was very strange i was worrying about things and was so irritated and confused, probably anxietty.
after 4 thinks i think the real withdrawal began because then i i felt in a hole and did not do any sport and was sweating a lil bit , maybe that was physical withdrawal