NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

For me Wata is the perfect woman, this track from their Rainbow album split has such special memories & a place in my heart.
You know the one person you truly loved & it all collapsed around your ears? Well yeah this song for me holds that memory & it is Wata on lead guitar & vocal too.

I can also add Amalie Brunn AKA Myrkur (Danish black metal) to the list too, she makes me go weak at the knees

Hahaha ya i feel it. it's the talent that gets me for my tops. Ppl have their opinioins that would suggest I'm weeird for maynard keens fr tool being my n.1 but here's my opinion. It's cause they're dumb girls that get wet for guys like channing Tatum and autotuned garbage. I hate a lot of things but assimilations up there for sure

Primitive Man--Victim

One of the heaviest Sludge bands I've ever heard.

These days I've been particularly into blackened grind and blackened sludge.

There's also the uncensored version on youtube if you want to see the old guy's wang lol:

Primitive Man--Victim

One of the heaviest Sludge bands I've ever heard.

These days I've been particularly into blackened grind and blackened sludge.

There's also the uncensored version on youtube if you want to see the old guy's wang lol:

Sounds like someone took the base of Sludge & crossed it with some death metal imo.

To me that isn't sludge sorry man. The most heavy sludge band I know of is Iron Monkey Meth Drinker.

Never grown old for me, Silencer despite all the "hype" around the axe & pig hands still kicks ass all these years later.

Sounds like someone took the base of Sludge & crossed it with some death metal imo.

To me that isn't sludge sorry man. The most heavy sludge band I know of is Iron Monkey Meth Drinker.

I love Iron Monkey and yeah, they are Sludge in a more pure form.

However, I'm assuming you've heard of Encycloedpia Metallum: The Metal Archives?

I would personally consider them the best authority on metal on the internet, and while I do not ALWAYS agree with them, they consider Primitive Man "Sludge/Doom Metal/Noise."

They are certainly some kind of MIX yes, and not the pure form of sludge that Iron Monkey, EyehateGod or Buzzoven are.

I am not sure all styles are always SET IN STONE.

I've seen your posts and you seem like a fellow "black belt in metal" to me hahaha.

Not to tute my own horn, but I've been listening to and researching metal and collected records and CDs for 25 years so I'd also consider myself pretty knowledgable.

You seem to know a lot more about and listen to a lot more black metal than me, while LATELY I am very into bands that mix all the extreme styles, especially blackened grindcore and blackened sludge, but if a band can somehow mix elements of black, death, grind, crust punk, and sludge that's the best, and I've heard several bands do it so far, not to mention some even including elements of meldodic death metal, industrial, noise and power violence.

I go through different phases and have been into most styles, but these days it's bands like Anaal Nathrakh, Fukpig, Dragged Into Sunlight, Sloth Herder, Lord Mantis, Watchmaker, Dephosphorus, Dendritic Arbor, Brain Famine, Bastard Feast, Sunlight's Bane, and many others that mix a bunch of extreme styles that catch my ear.

Hears an example of a band I've been digging lately: Sunlight's Bane.

Surprisingly they aren't on Encyclopedia Metallum right now and I'm not quite sure what I'd call them. They sort of fit a bit in with the new "blackened sludge" style but the sludge is really not very noticeable in that same way....so I don't know, you be the judge, I just know I like them:

Here's another example of a style I've been digging: Bastard Feast.

Encyclopedia Metallum calls them sludge/death metal/grindcore/crust, and I'd agree I hear a bit of all that in there.

That's what I like most now, just a big heavy sandwich of extreme styles:

"......the album received a limited release for Record Store Day on April 13, 2019, and a wide release two weeks later on April 26."
"In July 2018, Sunn O))) spent just over two weeks in Chicago at Electrical Audio (Studio A) with Steve Albini at the helm. The results are astounding: there is breadth and luminosity of colour, it sounds vast. The sessions were impeccably recorded, authentically represented and completely accurate. The spectrum cracked the firmament open in clarity. An all analogue technique was used, they recorded and mixed on tape, providing a creative gateway for Sunn O))) to evolve their production methods into stronger, confident, performance based and a more logical executive process. The LP version is a AAA album, recorded and mixed on tape via a completely analogue production, from the input of the band's amplifiers and the air coming off the speakers in front of the microphones to needle touching the pressed vinyl on your turntable."

^And how many notes have they used on this one? I want no more than 4. ;)

You ever seen them live? Holy fucking whoa.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this album:

If you guys like blackened crusty stuff, check these guys out

If you guys like blackened crusty stuff, check these guys out

GOOD FIND!!!

Definitely my style.

Gotta download that soon.

On a different note, when at their very best Eluvitie is one of my all time favorite bands.

Fucking KNELT ROTE.

One of my favorite bands and the first to make me realize how great the Portland, Oregon scene is.

What style are they even?

They can pass for blackened grindcore, some mix of noisegrind, power electronics, Death, black, whatever else......could also fit in with the "War Metal" sub-scene....just great is all I know:

Warhate--Conquest

This track is off one of their only 2 demos from 1996 and I have it re-released on Vinyl with a band called Domini Inferi who also kicks ass.

These guys only ever wrote EIGHT songs and I've only ever been able to hear four of them, and the only other stuff by the singer I've heard, which is also good, is about 4 songs by his next band Werewolves.

I have literally NEVER HEARD MUSIC HEAVIER THAN THIS...equally heavy, YES, but not actually heavier.

I guess you would call this "War-Metal" or some mixture of Death-grind with maybe a little black, and they are part of the really kick ass Portland,Oregon scene that also includes great bands like: Knelt Rote, Weregoat, Jonny X and the Groadies, and a whole bunch of others who I can't remember now.

I would have to say that IMO the 3 bands who really started this kind of war-metal were probably Order From Chaos, Sadistik Exekution and Blasphemy, though I hear a lot more Order From Chaos influence on this kind of track.

If only they would have released more, but then again, that's kind of the beauty of it: just kick a few underground fan's heads off with a couple brutal tracks, then tell them to fuck off and disappear haha. Obscurity at it's finest:

Last edited:
^And how many notes have they used on this one? I want no more than 4. ;)

You ever seen them live? Holy fucking whoa.

Yeah I seen them live & also felt the power of those tube amps in my chest.
The Grimmrobe Demos release & the live version they released recorded at a gig in Japan is just crushing.

Fucking KNELT ROTE.

One of my favorite bands and the first to make me realize how great the Portland, Oregon scene is.

What style are they even?

They can pass for blackened grindcore, some mix of noisegrind, power electronics, Death, black, whatever else......could also fit in with the "War Metal" sub-scene....just great is all I know:

I paused what I was playing to check this out, I didn't hold much hope BEFORE playing.
Fuck me this is music, I think I just found my new most loved band right here.

The Grimmrobe Demos release

Yeah, I think GR is their best album tbh. Its probably the most metal sounding too. Black 1 One and the White albums are cool (my 'fave' track by Sunn0))) is My Wall), and I liked the recording in Domkirke . . . I just have to be in an exceptionally particularl mood for Sunn0))) these days.

On a big Sabbath kick of late: