• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] SASHA & DIGWEED @ QBH ~ Mon 6th Nov REVIEWS

Does anyone have a spare ticket, please? =D

If that fails then I'll just go see Sasha in a warehouse, but it's not going to be the same without Digweed.

pekkie said:
Does anyone have a spare ticket, please? =D

If that fails then I'll just go see Sasha in a warehouse, but it's not going to be the same without Digweed.

Pekkie, Don't worry... you missed out on nothing.

That bad, hey? =D

EDIT: That's ok, instead I went out on Sat night to see Dj Rush, Dj Bold and Umek in an old converted theater. I think I can live.

OK that was just fucking awesome. My 3-4 year Bluelight meetup hiatus was broken by an interesting selection of fellow comrades.

Needless to say they were an awesome (inebriated, but awesome) bunch who consisted of various farm animal boys, a Polish soccer player sounding guy (Pop, pete, somethingvitch), the hiphoptis and some Mormon dressed girls. Yes it was a rather confusing bunch, but they rocked it harder than Ozzie Osborne of yester year.

Mr. Digweed and Sasha put on a mammoth 5.5 hour performance with some phat beats (that were not recognized as being so phat until they were making one of the said mormons ears bleed). It was a case of live highs and lows, Son Kite remixes, finger pointing, coalition of the air punching tall idiots.

It wasn't psychedelic trance, but it was good none the less :)

Mr Quinn, albeit belated, put on some oyster tunes but alas it was time to retire to the comfort of ones home by that stage. Leprechaun, thank you for the valeted lift home.

A ripper oldskool of a night with oldskool genuine fun. Props to a group of people who still know how to party without complaining about the vibe (which, by the way, was peachy keen and full of PLUR loving).

The afterglow that has been instilled is equal to that of "hugz plur you guys rawk" type posts that were reminiscent of the days in Aus Social 2001.

Fucking respect. Booyah!

Last edited:
Unbelievable night.......6 hrs of pure bliss. First time i've seen the two together under the one roof, and i must say i was very impressed. I dunno why some of you didn't like it, but i guess some people are just to hard to please.

pekkie said:
That bad, hey? =D

EDIT: That's ok, instead I went out on Sat night to see Dj Rush, Dj Bold and Umek in an old converted theater. I think I can live.

Yes, I'm not a fan of house attempting to sound like electro and minimal. Neither am I a fan of listening to 6 hours straight of it, with the exception of a few old tracks thrown into the pre-prepared Ableton Live mix. They are hands down the most boring "DJ's" that I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. All they did was tweak the EQ's here and there, and throw in a few effects when they got even more bored. Everything else was pre-prepared on the computer and did not need to be mixed.

Now I'm all for new ground breaking music, but the set was boring. I expected a bit more of a journey with a few genre crossovers in a 6 hour set.

Besides the quality of the music, the place was far too overpacked (like 1500 too many) It took me 3 hours to find a place that I could stand or even dance without getting knocked into and having drinks spilt on. Not to mention being burnt by two fucking smokers, once on my elbow and once on my head.

Fuck you, Future Entertainment!

You bitch! I wish I went to what you went to, you must be having fun over there :X

I want in on some of that action! Nice work Pekkie. :D

Last edited:
InSoMnIa^ said:
Yes, I'm not a fan of house attempting to sound like electro and minimal.

You bitch! :X

I want in on some of that action! Nice work Pekkie. :D

Get a tissue, whipe the tears away, and stfu you PLUR loving electro junkie.

You loved it, admit it. It's because it wasn't psy you can't admit it, CAN YOU.

ruski said:
Get a tissue, whipe the tears away, and stfu you PLUR loving electro junkie.

You loved it, admit it. It's because it wasn't psy you can't admit it, CAN YOU.

Your right. I absolutely LOVE electro this is true. But not this new hybrid of house and electro.

Electro to me is...

Dopplereffekt
Drexciya
Anthony Rother
KRAFTWERK
Ellen Allien
Smash TV
8 Bit Rockers
Adult.
Aux88
Dima
David Caretta
Ectomorph
Legowelt
The Hacker
Heinrich Mueller
Zeta Reticula
LFO
I-F
Model 500
Elektroids
Perspects...

and it is true... this event was hard to compare to the fun I had at the earthcore launch party on friday night.

All complaints aside, I did have a great time seeing some familiar faces and hanging out.

Twas a fun evening indeed, but I really enjoyed Fatweed as lot more than sasha and digweed- hope that fella tours again soon
:D

Have to say, I enjoyed Digweed's solo set at Home last year a lot more than this set. Still had a good time, but it wasn't mind-blowing.

Dressing up was definitely a winner, as was the company :)

Hoptis, you fucking rock dude and it was awesome to finally meet you!

My ears have only just stopped ringing.

Thank you to the above posters (and all you other peeps I caught up with) for making the pain between my ears today worthwhile.

Actually, there's not quite anything worth this much pain, but you guys came close.

=D

24.gif
14.gif

<3

I'm shocked to walz in here [ok, maybe not walz... more like hobble?] and see people dissing what was for me, an absolutely mind-blowing set!
The sound system was pumping the whole night with an amazing array of diverse and incredibly well mixed tunes and I rarely jumped off the dance-floor.

The light show left a little to be desired, but I don't think anything more intense would have suited the feel of the night.

The crowd was great for the most part, minus the occasional sleaze --- although I guess you have to expect that to some degree when you dress as a school-girl. :p
The company I kept for the night could not have been beaten. :):D

All in all it was a winner night for me, two enthusiastic thumbs up!!!

it's *waltz*

i loved every minute of it. and my ears took two full days to stop ringing.
props to all the people i ran in to. and i mean that literally.. a lot of them were trying hard not to fall over.
it's been a long time between drinks, and it will most likely be a long time again, but sasha and diggers was well worth heading out to.

THE REASON It was so well mixed is because it was already pre-sequenced and automatically beat matched with Ableton Live.

All they did was apply effects and tweak EQ's... the set has no soul or feeling at all.

8)

ruski + PLUR, what is the world coming to?8o :) were the ears out in force?

while you guys had sasha and digweed play i had infected mushroom at one of the best sets i've seen in a long time. it is heartening to see great tunes and awsome vibes still existing. more parties like this i say.

InSoMnIa^ said:
THE REASON It was so well mixed is because it was already pre-sequenced and automatically beat matched with Ableton Live.

All they did was apply effects and tweak EQ's... the set has no soul or feeling at all.

8)

I know what you mean, you elektro purist you! hehe, my mates are like that as well, we have long end discussions about it too many times, even down to analogue synths vs digital+digital glitch, then turntables vs CD DJS then final scratch DJs.. id also add severed heads and zen paradox for good elektro as well.

Enjoyed the event, was really cool, but then I think it was just the hype of getting out of NZ for a couple days, came back and mates are like 'so what, you suck, digweed and sasha are crap (At the same time hiding their cds and playlists)'.

Melbourne equals good food.

all the zen paradox i have heard is psy/goa, unless there is another zen paradox!

but im glad u had a good time!

Don't all assume im a bitter old jaded fuck, maybe i am?

but I can always pull something good out of a not so good party... but that party was a complete abortion. I might have enjoyed it more if my night didnt start off so crap.