• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - Infected Mushroom - The Metro Sun 13 March

The event runs from 10 pm now (due to the massive response in sales) till 7 am. Infected will be playing for 2 hours I'm pretty sure after doing a marathon 3 hour set in Perth on Sunday

Only playin for an hour an a half? I don't wanna be like the glass is half empty and all, but I would like a bit more for my dollars and imminent braincell destruction. Still, they absoluterly rocked at Earthcore In The Park so I'm damn excited bout this . . . Are they bringing the guitarist, whatsisname?

An hour and a half is a long time for a live set if your taking the whole thing in...... epspecially when it's infected which is just so banging your left slaughtered even after a set of this duration.

But i get a feeling it will push on to 2 hours :)

Guitarist will be there and was meant to be awsome in other states.

Watch out for the fire shows ;)

peace

True that . . . I aim to be unable to walk after the show, burn my legs away dancing or just leave them behind if they start annoying me :)

TICKET AVAILABLE!

Due to stoopid friend, I have a spare ticket .. just want $55 for it to recover costs, anyone want it post here or email me at n.krasnodebska-at-ugrad.unimelb.edu.au ill check it until 10pm. :)

Last edited:
The dude I met at IM. I was talking to you in the VIP section, standing up, looking down on the stage *edited. we dont need to know what you were eating. cheers* and you invited us down to your friends? place after the party....

If you're around send me a PM!

Last edited by a moderator:
REVIEW

Where do I start to praise such a good night, this was one of the best events i have been too.
For a start the Australian Djs showed the mainstage a really pumping time with special praise going to Shangrilla (sp?)- absolutely awesome set, got the crowd rocking hard for when infected took the decks, and Redline was also quite good- not able to maintain the incredible energy of infected but still putting together are frantic closing set. I didn't pay too much attention to the djs in the 2nd storey and VIP area, not too say there bad but i was talking to friends.
Infected was absolutely incredible (as always), and they played a set that was just as good if not better than the one that they played at Earthcore 10th Anniversary. The crowd was going off, very friendly and loved up. The addition of the guitarist was incredible, he played some great riffs and matched the energy that duvdev was putting into his performance. Also having Duvdev do the vocals himself was fucking awesome and got a good part of the crowd singing along to 'cities of the future','muse breaks' and 'deeply disturbed'. Standout songs were "cities of the future" and "deeply disturbed" but it was all frantic and brillant, perfect mixing, perfect everything. Only complaint was that it got really crowded up the front, but you have to expect that, oh and also i got a bit too munted to dance up a storm but meh still great fun.
The sounds and lights were great, typical of metro. Decor was cool, with psychedelic mushrooms growing out of the stage and numerpous other crazy psychedelic and mushroom related stuff elsewhere. Too the girls that did the whole Alice in Wonderlandesk dancing on mushrooms your costumes were brillant and it topped off a great night.
Only two complaints- first how ridiculously hot it was. I have never sweated so muhc in my life and towards the end of infected I was fearing some severe dyhydration (by the way does anyone know of any hospilisations due to heat stroke or dehydration?).
Also didn't enjoy the afterparty much but that was only because i don't like the sets Alias plays to much and he was playing when I got there so i left soon after arrving.
That aside this was one of those events thats going to give me alot of pleasure remembering for the rest of my life. To Infected, all the other djs, earthcore and too everyone that made this event possible thank you very much:D

Sweet Jesus...

That was one of the most profound experiences of my life, complete ego dissolving madness. Then I somehow went out a fire exit at about 5:45am and wandered the streets in a 'loop' for a good hour before this completely insane cab driver picked me up and took me home, he definitely shouldn't have been driving...

Cities of the Future was probably my favourite track of the night, and the addition of Erez on guitar gave the whole set just that much more punch.

First time I've seen Infected at an indoor venue, was a completely different, mindblowing experience.

Will write more when I can think of the words (so probably never).

Thank you Earthcore, you always come through with the goods.

I feel sorry for those who missed out :( You wouldnt have wanted to be anywhere else on that night!

infected1.jpg

infected4.jpg

infected3.jpg

infected2.jpg

Have to agree that set was probably the most insane 1.5 hours EVER- you couldn't have paid me to go to TT in the face of the sonic perfection of IM! The heat was a big issue tho i was at prodigy at metro on thursday and there was probably around the same number of people there and it didn't get anywhere near that hot- i mean there wasn't a thick layer of sweat dripping down the walls! half and hour after infected came on the heat was unbearable i had to sit down which didn't bother me as i had a great side-on view of the stage and could see everything the boys were doing. Loved the gitaur it's what i've being want to see a psy gigs for years thumping trance coupled with chunky exhilirating riffs top work infected mushroom can't wait for your next album and next tour........ bring it on!
Those photos sure brought back some flashbacks if ya know what i mean.