• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] Future Music Festival - Sidney Myer Music Bowl, 11th March. REVIEWS!!

My budget might defeat me on this: if tix still avail on Thurs then maaaaaaybe Ill pop along.

I need dnb god dammit. :X

lineups preeetty good=D i always plan who to see & end up missing mostly all so as long as i see ferry, carl & perhaps felix il be happy..
some of the crowds prolly going to shit me to tears but what can ya do.

Checked the weather for sundy >

Mostly cloudy
15°C - 23°C :)

Edit - lol its on sunday not saturday oops

Last edited:
Well looks like its jeans then, and probably another rainy day at the bowl >>> dodgy.

and COTB- nick warren? Im disapointed. lol.

Found out i have monday off too from my new job-yahoo! so super trashy drinking all sunday it will be for me. Even though im very doubtful ill be able to get any champagne :( - may have to smuggle in some piccilos...hehe.

there's still tix left - just got mine today :) i was ringing around hmv, myer, etc, etc all morning, until one of the ppl i called up told me that the tix are nearly sold out and the only way to get them is over the internet at www.ticketmaster.com.au

a probably stupid question i'll be laughed at for hehe....but for the girls, what are u wearing? (checked weather, its 25 degrees in melb on sunday, mainly fine) never been to something like this, so what to wear?

college_dropout said:
Is there any hard dance in amongst all those pathetic pussy electro/house DJ's??

God I hate Future. Thank god they have Cox and Corsten to crank things up.

If you really want to hear something that gets the house banging, out of the final sets go and see Josh Wink, great hard techno set he played in Perth. Ferry was good but was more melodic/uplifting then hard. Sander will also be bangin it out I'm sure :D

nikki87 said:
a probably stupid question i'll be laughed at for hehe....but for the girls, what are u wearing? (checked weather, its 25 degrees in melb on sunday, mainly fine) never been to something like this, so what to wear?

hehe course your not going to be laughed at:)

I think at this you'l get your all sorts.. Im personally just going casual ~ t-shirt & shorts/maybe jeans & a hat cos i get sunburned easy lol..
Probably just thongs or some comfortable footwear..

(im a bit of a bogan tho) there will probably be girls dressed up too in pretty dresses & that.. My guess its going to be like another summadayze but on labour day weekend.

Im just gonna wear jeans and a tshirt and bring a jacket.
Easiest thing to sit on grass in, and i always go for comfort :)

Shorts, thongs and a singlet for me. I'm a bloke though. I will be taking jeans and t shirt to melbourne as back up just incase the weather turns to shit. I'm expecting to see a lot of girls wearing tiny shorts and bikini tops if summadayze is anything to go on. at the end of the day its all about comfort any way.

On a different note does anyone have any info on an after party. Normally QBH host one. Is this the case this year and if so how much are tickets if there are any availabe?? Who is performing?

Absolute bollocks! My tax hasn't come through yet so I won't be able to go to this. I'm pretty gutted actually. Have fun everyone. :)

Ho'k, I'm dressed and ready to ROCK m0f0's! =D
Look for me wearing purple platform boots trimmed with black fur, an 80's style black skirt + black singlet with a silver Dangerfield logo with pigtails.

I should be front and centre for the aforementioned acts in my last post. ;)

pretty shitty...

crowd was full of muzzas...

and what was the go with all the fights????????

and does anyone else know why one of the toilets was blocked off with police tape and had police not letting anyone through??

A girl was stabbed. Apparently two girls had a bitch fight, their boys' became involved and it escalated to one of the guys stabbing the girl.
They could have bought anything in through the [practically non-existant] security checks. :|

I enjoyed myself for the most part, agreed on the crowd [I was accosted by a munted girl at Rex The Dog --- ergh, sweaty raver hands] but the music and people were worth it imho.
Will write more when I've slept..... brain=a little fried [in a happy way!]. :)

Someone got stabbed?? make that TWO wow...thats not something you'd expect to see there :O And I guess all the coke head and ice heads didn't help. Glad I didnt go then because it doesnt seem to be getting a good report :\

The crowd was generally the only thing I didnt like about Good Vibs. All the barbies and muzza's who looked like and acted like they had just walked in off Chapel St or from ZoS or somewhere. People like them arent worth the time and they generally seem to be the ones creating the problems.

Well today Future has been marred with more negative reports on the news :\

36 arrested for drugs
2 people arrested and taken away for futhur trafficking questioning.

I found this and bolded the interesting parts.

"Knives and drugs mar gig

Annalise Walliker

March 12, 2007 12:00am

TWO stabbings and 36 drug arrests marred the Future Music Festival at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl yesterday.
Two people were stabbed inside the festival grounds just before 8pm.

Both were rushed to the Alfred Hospital, one in a serious condition, said Metropolitan Ambulance spokesman Ray Rowe.

Two sniffer dogs patrolling outside the Music Bowl helped detect various drugs including cannabis, ecstasy, MDMA and date-rape drug GHB.

Two people were charged with trafficking, one person was charged with possession and assaulting police, and 33 others in possession of drugs will be forced to attend a drug diversion program.

The number of arrests is significantly down on last year's Two Tribes event, when 69 people were arrested.

The number of people bringing dangerous drugs to a public place was disturbing, Acting Sen-Sgt Michael Lamb said.

"It is a significant enough problem that we'll continue to police these events," he said.

"Those individuals who choose to come to these events and deal drugs will be dealt with, with the full brunt of the law."

More than 25,000 people attended the daytime dance party featuring DJs TV Rock, Fedde Le Grand, Felix Da Housecat and Carl Cox.

The festival is the successor to the Two Tribes dance party, where 10 people reportedly suffered drug overdoses in March 2004.

The stabbings and arrests spoiled what had been an otherwise well-behaved and quiet day, according to emergency services.

The Metropolitan Ambulance Service and St John Ambulance earlier praised the crowd for its good behaviour. No drug overdoses were reported.

St John spokesman Peter Cox said officers had a quiet day, treating about 60 people for heat exposure, cuts and blisters.

"It was probably a little bit warmer than some people expected it to be.

"But for the size of the event, for what we'd normally expect, it's been surprisingly quiet," he said."

www.heraldsun.com.au

Last edited:
my head hurts but i just have to say....

i am awesome.
i talked my way through security and got to meet CARL COX
It was unbelievably awesome. i think i almost hugged the poor man to death.

Grrr not good. Expecting a stupid number of police in Sydney now. ... :madface:

Had the best time!!! Felix was awesome, was up on the main stage dancin the whole time. :) :D
So many queues though - lined up for 40 minutes to get into it, 10-30 mins to get into the toilets (done 4 or so times, damn alcohol!).
It's really sad to hear about the stabbings, found out on my way home from some friends on the tram.
Wasted about 30 dollars in unused drink cards damit!
Ye, had an awesome time!! :)

A few choice shots from the day.

Photo removed at user request - Tranced
The crowd
Nick & I
*Snip* & myself
Carl Cox :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ nice pics

i had a great day.. Perfect weather & the music was good, the crowd were all pretty easy going too, not as pretentious as i thought it would be:)

One highlight was when we were on the ferris wheel & some chick had her tits out for all too see, that was funny.. she had cops waiting for her when she got off tho.. poor girl, she just wanted a free ferris wheel ride lol