• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - BIG DAY OUT '05 - REVIEWS - 30/01/05

yep ill be there, not too much happenin in the way of a meet up though. all i know i will be the dude with with the long blonde hair bustin moves in the boiler room around 7pm.
FREESTYLERS, CARL COX, CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!!!!!!

2 spare tix up for grabs if anyone is interested. Please call{Edit} .
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Woke up in the morning with my brother and we lost our tickets! HEHE We tried to get them refunded, no go, luckily my little brother found them behind one of the cupboards lol, anywayz:

The Music - By far the most entertaining and satisfying act the whole day, and will be seeing them at the palace 31st Jan for a personal show.

The Hives & Grinspoon - They were both cool, enjoyed them.

System of a Down - These guys were ok actually, love when they go onto their lighter side rather than their heavy side, but were good, they pissed all over Slipknot who in my opinion were just hard to watch, how can a human listen to their non musical presence?

Carl Cox - Similar cheesy set to the one at Room, again not blaming him for this as it most likely is the promoters influence as I noticed he was playing with CD's 90% of the time, which is not his style, as a party goer and techno lover, was not happy with it.

Freestylers - Did nothing for me, its just not for me I guess.

Scribe - Very talented young man, voice really stood out for me, cool.

Powderfinger - These guys are class! Great stuff.

Beastie Boys - Boring! Should not have had the main act to close BDO.

Overall it was a nice experience for me, being my first BDO and I can gladly say that I will definately be coming down to the next one. go 'The Music'!

Beastie boys were simply amazing.. that stage performance goes down as the best I have seen.. the visuals were just unreal. infusion and slipknot too, wow. I'm so there again next year. Never have i seen so many people, fucked off their heads and loving every minute of it.. best atmosphere ever :)

^ this is Melb BDO btw.

FreeStylers had the best set of the night! i couldve grooved all night to them :D

definatley freestylers was the highlight, they had the place rockin!

beasties was good but a little too quiet, mix master mike is the bomb!

well i had an absolute blast and spent most of the day in the boiler room....scribe were mad, but my highlights of the day were the freestylers and chemical brothers, both rocked the boiler room hard!

Dj bexta wasn't too shabby, and coxy in my opinion played some bangin tunes, although i only saw 1/2 his set.

Saw some of the Beastie boys who i found to be a bit boring, but then again i've never been a huge beastie fan.

The train ride home was also fun, everyone in my vicinity had golf ball sized pupils, lol 8o

Bit disappointed though about rumours of no bdo in 2006 due to the showground redevelopment, might be a roadtrip to sydney for that one :X

i don't think i possibly could have had a better day/night.

the beastie boys just fucking blew me away: mix master mike going crazy (awesome seeing him on the big screen too), perfect rhyming and rapport, and even a little freestyling, pointed out wonderfully by tnargus after i'd just said how good it might be to see some :D

see my livejournal (sig) for more waxing lyrical.

yeah the chemical brothers really did blow me away, the intensity was non stop, awesome to be in the middle dancing and jumping along with the crowd, the visuals were great, everybody was going off. really good vibe in there.
I made my way out about 10 minutes before the set finished when the trippy card figure of jesus came on the screen, on my way a girl grabbed my attention as she was dancing and spinning by herself in her own little space and the look on her face was of pure pleasure, i just stood there watching her for about 5 minutes and she didn't have a care, she did say something to me but i cannot remember what i said, her smiling face had me mesmerized, just beautiful, the image of her is sketched into my mind forever.

Started the day with the Donnas, crowd was still pretty chilled and the Donna's weren't bad. Eskimo Joe afterwards was a real downer, the only highlight being their closing with From The Sea.

Caught some of Money Mark which was pretty cool, then the Music were rocking it on the main stage. Looked fantastic from the grandstand, have to congratulate the lead singer for his energy in what was pretty warm weather.

Then first look into the Boiler Room for the last fifteen of Scribe, he had the place jumping, ran around to catch Kid Koala to walk in to The Cure's Close To Me
24.gif

Le Tigre next, complaining that they'd been put in the cow barn, were interesting and very entertaining. Off to the Boiler Room for Infusion who were their usual self, not a huge fan but they're always decent live.

First real highlight; The Streets. Mike Skinner was great, really funny and I'm sure it would have been enjoyed by any Streets fans at the RRR stage which was packed. Highlights for me were Blinded By The Lights and Weak Become Heroes, Fit But You Know It was a great crowd pleaser to close on.

Skinner held up his performance by about five minutes trying to get some guys to come down off a roof, "I don't want anyone dying at my rave, so rave safe please and get down." =D

Had a great time just chilling on the grass listening to Powderfinger for an hour (I was too munted to get up =D), the crowd reaction was really good, not surprising that most people knew the lyrics to all the songs. Passenger was a highlight here.

Then managed to sneak a really good spot for the start of the Beasties, they had the crowd really into it, the music would have been nothing without the 5000 nutters at the front jumping through the whole act. Looked awesome from a distance.

Finally dragged myself off to the Chemical Brothers, the other highlight for the day. Managed to sneak to the front once again, five metres from the stage when they opened with Hey Boy Hey Girl. Star Guitar was a personal favorite.

Top day, and hopefully not the last BDO in Melbourne.

1234: thought i saw u once during the day :)

well...

where do i start...

i had a good day. it wasnt excellent, but that was due to a number of reasons. i found the crowd actually really trashy looking :\ they were pretty well behaved to begin with and no complaints after but god dam the dress sense.

i spent a lot of my time perusing the markets and stuff. there really wasnt anyone their i was overally excited about seeing. the bands i saw were awesome though. I left after Powderfinger to avoid the crowded trains. beastie Boys and Chems werent my thing.

i saw:

John Butler
Powderfinger
Bexta
Lil Birdy
a bit of System Of A Down

i know i saw snippets of a few more but dont have the list on me.

The only two that stand out for me are Powderfinger because of their performance and set design and Bexta cause she went back to old school music :)

Im not sure if i will go again, i think i expected to much of this one and the line up didnt help/ Maybe if i was still a tech head i would of enjoyed it more

*shrugs*