Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb BDO Jan 26th Show Grounds

neverwas

Bluelighter
ok so shoot me if the BDO thread is around here somewhere...ive searched for days tryin to find it so if its here please bump it up... but heres the latest for you :)

www.bigdayout.com

Monday January 26th 2004
MELBOURNE RAS SHOWGROUNDS
Epsom Rd Flemington

PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO PASSOUTS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME FROM THIS VENUE

Gates open 11am

Guests Inc:

Metallica, The Strokes, The Flaming Lips, The Mars Volta, The Dandy Warhols, Aphex Twin, Basement Jaxx, Black Eyed Peas, Peaches, Luke Vibert, The Hoodoo Gurus, Something For Kate, Trey, Downsyde, Gerling, Jet, The Butterfly Effect, Magic Dirt, The Datsuns, Muse, Kings Of Leon, The Darkness, Felix Da Housecat, Audio Bullys, David Holmes, Lost Prophets, Thursday, Poison The Well, DJ Afrika Bambaataa, Salmonella Dub, Sonicanimation, The Sleepy Jackson, King Kapisi, P-Money and Scribe, Friendly, Skulker, PNAU, 1200 Techniques, Peewee Ferris and Blood Duster

Who are joined by THE DRONES, DOUBLE AGENTS, DAN KELLY & THE ALPHA MALES, THE ANYONES, TREETOPS, REMAKE REMODEL, EPICURE, THE PICTURES, THE SPAZZYS, HOSS, ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI, RIFF RANDOM, BREWSTER, NICK THAYER, A LOVE, CURSE OV DIALECT, DAMO SUZUKI, TOUPEE, OPEN THOUGHT and DEFINITIVE JUX featuring AESOP ROCK, MR LIF and FAKTS ONE

DJs: Felix Da Housecat, David Holmes, DJ Afrika Bambaataa, Peewee Ferris, and more!

Live Acts: Aphex Twin, Basement Jaxx, Black Eyed Peas, Peaches, Luke Vibert, Audio Bullys, Salmonella Dub, Sonicanimation, King Kapisi, P-Money and Scribe, Friendly, Skulker, PNAU, 1200 Techniques, and more!

Set times and DJ times and Site Map are downloadable from www.bigdayout.com in a PDF file so Adobe is needed to read them.

Last edited:
Im *hopefully* going to be at this lovely little shindig... hehe

If i go, you will see me at:
(in order as in where i can legitimately be after reading the settimes!)
12.45, The Darkness. 2.20 Blackeyed Peas, 3.45 1200 Techniques, 4.14 Butterfly Effect, 4.15, The dandy Warhols, 5-6pm MUSE (YEHHHHHHHHH), 6.15 Mars Volta, 7-8, The strokes, 8.15-10 Metallica.

Yeah baby yeah. FUCK I HOPE i get these tickets *crosses fingers* What a lineup!

Big day out? Big day out!

Big day out?? BIG DAY OUT!!

Big day what ?? BIG DAY OUT!!!!!!!!!

'nuff said.

:(

i went for the first time last year, but not this time. i hope everyone enjoys muse without me :(

well...i will be making appearances at:

*gets set times*

epicure
black eyed peas
the dandys
a lil bit of muse
aphex twins

actually i think im just gonna see where i end up =D

i havent been to a big day out before so am lookin forward to going and spending it with a dear friend :)

taliana: hope u get those tix!

i'm there, oh i love big day out, i've been the last five years. It's wierd to think i started only watching the rock acts. How i've changed. Anyway i'm looking forward to mc battles, downsyde, peaches, afrika bambaata, aphex twin and luke vibert and black eyed peas.

And for the metal head in me, i'm gonna fit in some Metallica. And maybe the start of Mars Volta.

I'm still wondering whether I can afford to go to this or not =\

Noone I desperately need to see is there.

assuming i went, It'd prolly only be for TBE, and blood duster

I am very excited about this Big Day Out. I don't know who i'm going to see yet, but I can guarantee you all i will be at metalica, just to relive the glory days of my year 9 and 10 education.

*starfalls69* said:

a lil bit of muse

hehe huney, im pretty positive when u are in front of muse watching them perform live, it wont be just "a lil bit" hehe...... those guys are fucking sensation live!!!!!!!!!!! :)

muse are the best band in that line-up - i'd probably be more excited about the strokes, personally, but muse are definitely the best. in five years time they'll be talked about like radiohead are now.

mmm...i heard one of muse's song on triple j today and it was pretty good...dont worry 1234 i will go and see a lil bit of muse and let you know if its as good as evryone thinks :)

i agree 110% with onetwothreefour.

having seen muse twice, those guys are 112% rock gods. the singer is amazingly good at both vocals and guitar, and well, they just rock :)
ok enough of muse

This is without a doubt the countries biggest and most rocking party - even with some fairly dull line ups I dont know a person that wouldnt recommend this...

Take your friends, take your pets, just get down to Big Day Out because you'll have the time of your life :)

BUMP

does anyone know who the (tba) /specail guests are gonna be who are ont he main (blue stage) at like 12.45pm? im curious to know...probly just a local band but its made me curious.

Aphex's single show @ PoW is apparently sold out, so looks like this is your only chance to catch him in Melbourne.....

*EDIT*

I will try to procure a ticket for BDO to see Aphex, if I do, I need some people to hang out with as pekkie has to work and is unable to go.

Anyone who doesn't mind an extra hanger on msg/email me.

Last edited:
*starfalls69* said:
BUMP

does anyone know who the (tba) /specail guests are gonna be who are ont he main (blue stage) at like 12.45pm? im curious to know...probly just a local band but its made me curious.
it will be a big intl METAL band. how rawk \m/

edit: fear factory did a secret show in sydney last nite @ the annadale ..

but i didnt say it was ff :)

Last edited: