• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA lab busted on the Gold Coast

nomad-
putting smack or coke in pills makes about as much sense as trying to smuggle 4.5kgs of pot in a boogie board bag into Indonesia!

that didn't really happen (although a few Indonesian judges might think otherwise), and neither does what you're saying (well, in 99.9% of cases anyway)

Topic Please

Maybe when some more details come to light about what the substance actually was it will be worth discussing in depth...

And.. if some are to speculate anyway, then let the topic remain on the bust and not on what various substitutes & ingredients are/ are not in various E tablets.

The article said it was an MDMA lab and they also found speed cannabis and utensils. I didn't hear any mention of coke, heroin or other hocus-pocus-amines.

The subject of Coke or Heroin in pills has been done to death here. UTFSE

Ahhh.... nice to finish work anyway....

I'm curious as well, what do they mean by "a different way" of making pills than usual?? I think it means this is probably the most sophisticated set-up seen so far in Aus. If so, then that is good news for X-men everywhere!!!

Was wondering when a moderator would point the thread out.... all pills are MDMA, I'm convinced!!

Peace, love and harmony!!

The shed didn't look so sophisticated.

They weren't making pills, they were making MDMA powder.

MDMA powder is *usually* sold to pill presser's for pressing.

Just my POV, and still my POV. Thanks for the explanation and the links, Nice Tits.

I'm curious as well, what do they mean by "a different way" of making pills than usual??

Most synthetics of a relatively simple structure (like MDMA) can be produced via any one of many routes. Perhaps it was one of the more common starting materials, but the route was different i.e. a different synthetic approach was used to adjust the alkyl chain or add the amine. Maybe a more exotic approach started with a less common material (building from scratch or using a completely inconspicuous material which required simple modifications). Or perhaps it was a relatively easy to obtain substance such as a different essential oil component which was then synthetically modified.......

Bottom line is; it's second year organic chemistry stuff. Nothing that hard about the theory. A worker at a major chemical supplier once said to me "...they're making drugs out of water these days" At the time I scoffed at that as being a gross exaggeration, but years later, after studying chemistry, I realised that statement wasn't all that far off the mark.

As for the shitty looking setup. My gut feeling is that they didn't show very much of the "Lab". If what was shown on the news was the setup, then anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to touch anything that came from there...yuk

...perhaps that was the intent of the police? Who knows. As BT said it's ALL speculation until either more is published-aired, or we have a willing and able Forensics person here on Bluelight....and then I think giving out that sort of info would probably see their career evaporate before their eyes 8)

I've been saying for years MDMA is or will be made in Aus. My logic says that because it's in theory quite a simple process, sooner or later it must prove more economical to produce locally than to attempt to import specific chems, particularly when many of the optimum chems ( MDP2P etc) are rarely used for any other purposes. Even if sourcing locally means more work in extracting, processing or manufacturing reagents/reactants from other OTC chems, unless the price drops to what E goes for in Britain, someone or group with less than commendable principles is bound to see it as a viable money making venture.

Another thing also got me wondering. What was done with the waste solvents? There must have been hundreds of liters. Where did that go? If it was simply emptied into the environment or poured down the drain, I hope these people are charged big time with this - arguably a more serious criminal act.

Solvent waste

With the solvents if they have managed to get hold of some MDMA freebase (which is not particularly stable for long periods in solvents should I note) then the only left over solvent that they will have, as you know, will be the Toluene (or Xylene should they not find Toluene) and acetone (should they bother to recrystallise it).

If they are making it from scratch then most of the solvents from most of the stages can be reused and cleaned. They can only be reused several times before the solvents lose their efficiency. DCM can be seperated very easily due to its low boiling point and other solvents can be cleaned also using their boiling points. Some solvents can be disposed of down the sink - i.e. water, methanol, various 'washes' etc but not all of them.

Some solvents are likely to end up down the drain as its the easiest and safest (from being caught) while the larger labs must have accounts with chemical companies and therefore also a means to disose of this through formal chemical waste channels. Alternatively they may be dumped at a land fill site in bottles hidden in waste or burn them off in an open space.

If they have made MDMA from scratch and have gone through the Al/Hg amalgamation then there will also be small amounts of mercury which is highly poisonous and harmful to water supplies.

All this information has come from books and websites and not from personal experience.

Well, if they went via the ketone, and if they are making large amalgam batches, I'd be willing to put money on them not disposing the chemical waste correctly. I'd also be surprised if they recycle much, as solvents generally tend to be the cheapest of the ingredients.

If the 20L does indeed refer to MDMA freebase, then surely it's unlikely they were doing Al/Hg reductive aminations on the ketone, as it's not really suited to such large scale? That's probably what they mean by it being a different method to what they usually encounter, as I imagine most of the labs they bust (and admittedly I don't know much about Australian MDMA lab busts) will be small scale ones, using Al/Hg.

COOL!!!

Thanks all for the info on this (although I'm sure this info is available elsewhere, I got a bit lost where reading the Erowid info). It really makes me wish I had kept studying chemistry, instead of consuming it!!

Skyline> You are indeed correct. large batches are not suitable for the Al/Hg amalgamation as the size of the vesseel and the amounts of solvents used and the amount of subsequent large washes are just not worth it.

Instead I beleive they would use catalytic hydrogenation on a much larger scale but it depends on the quality of the lab and the equipment they have access to. (if my memory serves me correct).

As for the reusing of solvents I suppose that depends on the cook themselves and whether they can be bothered and have an environmental conscience.

If you have a large commercial size lab with decent accounts with the chem suppliers then of course your not gonna bother. But then you'll probably dispose of it through proper solvent disposal/recycling means

With regards to disposal. Although it is a criminal act to dispose of harmful chemicals - it is probably no worse than other small industries have done over the course of time. I bet that similar chemicals, if not worse, have been disposed of in Sydney Harbour not all that long ago.

The disposing of ANY harmful / semi-harmful chemicals into the environment is obviously WRONG and cannot be justified in any manner.

However I believe there are far more serious environmental crimes have been committed by industry over the years and that other harmful practices such as coal burning, huge CO2 emmissions, oil tanker leaks, poisonous gas leaks and disposal of radioactive material, etc etc that causes more damage to the environment.

hey guys, sorry this is off topic but can anyone give me information regarding gold coast pills going round at the moment. I couldn't find a suitable topic to post this under, and pillreports is fuking up. Ones i know about are
white lacrosse-fairly good nothing special but mdxx
green mitsubishi-good pills-good dose of mdma
im particular i need to find out about blue yosemite sams
cheers to anyone that can help
:)

the sams are ok, perhaps a little weak tho (ot post yes i know).

Stay on topic please. Start a new thread if you wish to discuss particular types of pills.

there was a drug related article in the Courier-Mail a week or so ago that mentioned the Gold Coast lab that was busted...

apparently, they were using a new-ish (?) method called "cold fusion" which pills cost about 25c each to make. Two guys from amsterdam were busted at the site of the lab and they think that people are now 'importing' people with expertise to make the stuff for them.

this 'cold-fusion' method is probally not new at all, just been given a new media-friendly/parent-scaring name. :)

M

they've developed a method to make MDMA and unlimited clean energy -

What can't ectasy not do

i find this very interesting, can anyone guide me in the direction of websites to visit to find out a lil more about these methods supposedly used?.. i think i must add for educational purposes only, theres no way in hell id even attempt to produce it.