• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

Today again, 30ug in combination with sports like mountain biking is amazing, it boosts just about everything, you're able to control better, you're much more capable of judging certain maneuvers correctly, insight is improved, endurance and energy levels are greatly improved, and life in general seems to be shimmering with a new light of appreciation, new hope, new ideas, insights...

I wish I new how to use psychedelics in this way 15 years ago, never knew low doses could be so beneficial.(not LSD but ALD-52, but there shouldn't be much difference).

once or twice a week I reward myself this way.
I had some hiatus due to access, but pretty much since 1990 and a brief flash of a few years after 1980.
during hiatus since 2003, salvia has been tremendous.

Good to hear this info pupnik. This is something I'd do a lot more regularly as well, but I'm scaredy-cat because of doubts around physical health + safety. Have you ever noticed anything to be at all concerned about?

Maybe ironically I'm not concerned about the psychological effects of chronic use, probably because I see a lot of positive in that regard, and I think possible negative things like paranoia would be not too hard to notice.

occasionally I do 2 days back to back lysergic, and it is not quite satisfactory;
I actually need 3 days between.
lately I have opened up to hashish and a pen style vape.
and if I require reminding, salvia extract in the bath is good.
this last week had 1 tab of eth-lad shared in 3 instances (last one was tolerance compromised), 20 tokes of hash vaped in 6 days, and 2 great inhalations of salvinorin in morning baths.

kind of a major stoned week, but I was working from home half time...

Good to hear this info pupnik. This is something I'd do a lot more regularly as well, but I'm scaredy-cat because of doubts around physical health + safety. Have you ever noticed anything to be at all concerned about? Maybe ironically I'm not concerned about the psychological effects of chronic use, probably because I see a lot of positive in that regard, and I think possible negative things like paranoia would be not too hard to notice.
I've been microdosing for many months now. Usually 2-3 times a week (probably 10-20mcg per dose, although you never exactly know the amount) and it's been working good for me so far. I've never had an impression that it harms my physical health. Maybe the frequent stimulation might have some effect on heart, like coffee or taurine, but I haven't really noticed any negative effects on my physical health. I wonder if it can have some beneficial effects as Albert Hofmann lived for 102 years:)

Last edited:
Today again, 30ug in combination with sports like mountain biking is amazing, it boosts just about everything, you're able to control better, you're much more capable of judging certain maneuvers correctly, insight is improved, endurance and energy levels are greatly improved, and life in general seems to be shimmering with a new light of appreciation, new hope, new ideas, insights...

I wish I new how to use psychedelics in this way 15 years ago, never knew low doses could be so beneficial.(not LSD but ALD-52, but there shouldn't be much difference).

Yeah, I do the same, between 12,5-25ug for me is perfect for mountain biking and hit the gym!!!

Its actually dope.

Do you guys ever experience any sleeping issue when microdosing LSD (or any serotonergic psychedelic really)?

Yeah, if I micrdose DOC is fucks with my sleep. If I microdose LSD in the morning I'm generally good by the time I want to sleep but later in the day and nope, no sleep for me.

I'm tempted to give this a try, though it would be 1p-LSD. I dunno, my sleep is very easily effected by things though.

I tend to take what seem to be considered low doses in the psychedelic community (.5-1.5 tabs) and each experience has been 40 mins of nothing, around 40 mins of rising, 2-3 hours peaked, then a 4-6 hour descent. All have been intense mindblasting experiences for the most part, though that may be due to the setting. I'm usually very overstimulated and just barely able to hold cohesive conversation for the whole peak and rising.

Hell, one time was mostly me babbling about something called "sleevegloves". Maybe the Lucy I get is just stronger than average.

extra tired for 8 hours starting ~30 hours after dropping is normal for me - not especially irritable, though very eager to have the next session.

I've come to find that I am usually pretty irritable the next day or two after taking any higher of a dose than 40ug-50ug. But microdosing never usually effects me like this.

After almost a year of consistent daily microdosing (varying from 15-50mcs depending on the tolerance observed), I have started feeling very intense and "on the edge" at times, also sweating profusely every night, which pointed me to measure my stress hormones - Prolactin and Cortisol (you can buy tests online) and sure enough they both showed very elevated levels.

So there is definite correlation between daily microdosing and stress, and I also felt that my dopamine system was drained for a while after that experiment so I even took Mucuna Pruriens extract to supplement it.

I love microdosing anyways, it just needs to be cycled in a similar fashion as with nootropics, but approached even more seriously. ;)

Volsam, your findings are exactly what I'd assumed was going on.
Definitely does feel like LSD drains a bit of dopamine and raises cortisol levels.

I thought this page was interesting if you pardon the popups: https://selfhacked.com/2016/02/12/5...e-of-anxiety-fatigue-sleep-problems-and-cirs/

Does suggest that even microdosing probably shouldn't be done daily as the beneficial effects may partially come on your off days, and that there may eventually be tradeoffs. Measure your stress hormones a few days after discontinuation of microdosing, to check what effects are not an acute result of having taken the LSD but after-effect that may be therapeutic.

Unsure of the actual efficacy of LSD on 5-HT2B and the implications of LSD's special effects of getting snagged on certain 5-HT receptors for a very long time... but if worst case scenarios are true, you wouldn't want to be microdosing LSD daily for the sake of your heart (and lungs).

Personally I don't find cycling something like racetams so important, but if you're talking something like sunifiram which definitely should be taken more sporadically then yes. IMO microdose acid sporadically.

I thought this page was interesting if you pardon the popups: https://selfhacked.com/2016/02/12/5...e-of-anxiety-fatigue-sleep-problems-and-cirs/

Does suggest that even microdosing probably shouldn't be done daily as the beneficial effects may partially come on your off days, and that there may eventually be tradeoffs. Measure your stress hormones a few days after discontinuation of microdosing, to check what effects are not an acute result of having taken the LSD but after-effect that may be therapeutic.

Unsure of the actual efficacy of LSD on 5-HT2B and the implications of LSD's special effects of getting snagged on certain 5-HT receptors for a very long time... but if worst case scenarios are true, you wouldn't want to be microdosing LSD daily for the sake of your heart (and lungs).

Personally I don't find cycling something like racetams so important, but if you're talking something like sunifiram which definitely should be taken more sporadically then yes. IMO microdose acid sporadically.

it's an interesting link
while my tendency would be to oversimplify I am glad to have read this partial list of it near the end of the article:.
What Increases 5HT2A Receptors

Stress/CRH (CRHR1) (R)
Chronic activation of the CB2 cannabinoid receptor (R)
St John’s Wort increases the number of postsynaptic 5-HT2A receptors (R).
DMT – agonist (R)
LSD – agonist. Even though LSD activates 5HT2A receptors, chronic usage causes a decrease in the number of receptors, which may explain part of the longer term happiness effects (R). Microdosing LSD is something to think about.
Agmatine supplements may activate the 5HT2A receptors (R).
it supports the microdosing approach to self medicating (and I think every other day or third day is best)

^^^ Thank you, Solipsis, good food for thought! ;)

I think my 5-HT2A receptors are pretty expressed and I find my brain doing similar things:
5HT2A receptors are in high concentration in the default mode network [DMN], which is overactive in depression (R). This brain network is implicated in self-related thinking and mind wandering.
but for some reason I feel very drawn and almost addicted (I feel like it's for the sake of my wholesomeness) to drugs that agonize it - daily Agmatine, Aniracetam, cannabis, almost weekly-biweekly trip on something psychedelic, not to mention microdosing and past days of LSD binges. I think I might even enjoy being stressed...:\

Well, luckily
Meditation leads to a reduced activity in the default mode network (R), which can help some of the negative effects of the 5HT2A receptors on depression.
- it's something we can all do easily and pretty much at any time, if we want to :)

^^^ Thank you, Solipsis, good food for thought! ;)

I think my 5-HT2A receptors are pretty expressed and I find my brain doing similar things: but for some reason I feel very drawn and almost addicted (I feel like it's for the sake of my wholesomeness) to drugs that agonize it - daily Agmatine, Aniracetam, cannabis, almost weekly-biweekly trip on something psychedelic, not to mention microdosing and past days of LSD binges. I think I might even enjoy being stressed...:\

Well, luckily - it's something we can all do easily and pretty much at any time, if we want to :)

I find that it's really easy to form a dependence on Microdosing- not due to a physical addition but as a preference vs soberity.

I find a large trip usually turns me off Microdosing for a couple weeks and breaks the habit.