• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

The ones designed to dissolve on your tongue (ODT's) contain a fraction of the fillers and the saliva is still meant to be swallowed but can be consumed without water for convenience. Considering it takes 2+ hours for onset of any effects I'm not sure what is to be gained from eating horrible tasting powder sans capsule. It kicks in roughly 4 mins quicker? So 1 hour and 56 mins vs 2?

I find the effects kick In around 20 mins. Eating pills and capsules. This has been an absolute godsend and I'm not worrying about jumping into another shit opiate which is lope. I want nothing to do with lope ever again. I had no idea I could receive similar results with supplement. It's still not fun and something is definitely missing but I can function. And that's everything to me because I have done every opiate under the sun and wd from them all. Tianeptine takes the trophy

Only thing is the diarrhea which I can live with I'm not touching another God damn lope. I'm so fucking tired of the merrygoround.

Getting off the merry go round is a sweet Lennon reference to any Beatles fans out there.....watching the wheels go round and round

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones designed to dissolve on your tongue (ODT's) contain a fraction of the fillers and the saliva is still meant to be swallowed but can be consumed without water for convenience. Considering it takes 2+ hours for onset of any effects I'm not sure what is to be gained from eating horrible tasting powder sans capsule. It kicks in roughly 4 mins quicker? So 1 hour and 56 mins vs 2?
I dunno mate it worked for me thats all I know, I only buy the cheap generic ones

I find the effects kick In around 20 mins. Eating pills and capsules. This has been an absolute godsend and I'm not worrying about jumping into another shit opiate which is lope. I want nothing to do with lope ever again. I had no idea I could receive similar results with supplement. It's still not fun and something is definitely missing but I can function. And that's everything to me because I have done every opiate under the sun and wd from them all. Tianeptine takes the trophy

Only thing is the diarrhea which I can live with I'm not touching another God damn lope. I'm so fucking tired of the merrygoround.

Getting off the merry go round is a sweet Lennon reference to any Beatles fans out there.....watching the wheels go round and round

Greatoldys said:
I find the effects kick In around 20 mins. Eating pills and capsules.

You're referring to the supplement combo you just came up with right?

Having read the thread, it's a bit worrying how many people end up swapping their Oxy/H habit for high doses of Lope. I was hoping it would get rid of a lot of symptoms without raising tolerance, but It seems like it's just another poor mans Bupe/Methadone.

Think I'm just going to stick to low doses for stomach cramps and diarrhoea tbh. Got some Lyrica ordered for the RLS.

I'm praying it comes.

I am tapering off of loperamide AGAIN. I tapered off in 2015, jumping off at 2mg 2x a day- I had barely any withdrawal. That took 2 years and my highest dose was 180mgs. Well, I was clean for 4 months and I went back to heroin. I've been back and forth with Heroin and Suboxone for the last 3 years and my goal is to get off opiates. I'm trying to do basically what I accomplished before but to do it much faster. The last few days, I haven't taken any loperamide- because I was considering just quitting at my current 96 mg a day, but the shit I'm reading on here has me rethinking. 8 weeks of withdrawal? No way am I prepared for that.
I've been taking Gabapentin because it always took my heroin withdrawals down to a tolerable level. But I'm still having some pretty awful mental side effects from this loperamide withdrawal.
Insomnia, nightmares when I do sleep, suicidal ideation, anxiety attacks, spontaneous orgasms (I do not enjoy it) very fucking bad! I am more or less physically comfortable but I can't handle the mental state... And gabapentin just enhances the weird atmosphere. So I'm NOT attempting to jump off at 96mgs (twice a day) based on what I've read here. But I am thinking that since I haven't taken loperamide for 48 hours, will it have made a dent in my tolerance? Can I take a smaller dose, like 60mgs and have it be effective? 2 days probably isn't enough to lower tolerance to opiates with a long half life but I'm going to try... Making big cuts will be easier with the gabapentin I have on hand. But I remember it taking a LONG time to adjust to a lowered dose. Wellll, here we go again, fml.
I feel the same qith gaba during wd

I jumped cold turkey off 120mg methadone and 12 2mg Imodium with 2 tagamet was enough to take away 95% of all withdrawals. Even on 12 I had definite issues with my heart after a month and all around negative effects from the lope on top of it being worthless because I was now addicted to it which had way worse withdrawals than methadone so now I'm back on methadone! If you have to use it for a missed day or two OK that's all it's good for and it's great for that but you'll regret trying to maintain long-term I fucking promise.

TL;DR You don't need to ever take more than 12 it's absurd.

I used 120mg the only time I suffered H withdrawals after not having used for 15h (3g smoked / day, purity <50% ), and my WDs were only headache and fatigue. I hope it is not dangerous for the heart if you use it once in a blue moon for WD. I am flying to NL from GR this thursday and I will not be able to use H for about 8 - 10 h, so this time I will take 200mg, hope I don't die, there is a case report study on the internet about a woman who was using 200mg daily instead of methadone, so I guess for one time should ok, I hope

Having read the thread, it's a bit worrying how many people end up swapping their Oxy/H habit for high doses of Lope. I was hoping it would get rid of a lot of symptoms without raising tolerance, but It seems like it's just another poor mans Bupe/Methadone.

Think I'm just going to stick to low doses for stomach cramps and diarrhoea tbh. Got some Lyrica ordered for the RLS.

I'm praying it comes.

My experience has been that you can use loperamide at high dose for a good 7 days, but not more, to get past the worst of opiate withdrawal, without it seeming to prolong the withdrawal or getting you addicted to loperamide. But after that you start to get addicted to loperamide. A lot of people seem to just keep using it for too long, either because they're still experiencing light withdrawal and want to mask it, or because they want to feel an opioid effect (which of course, we do when we're coming off opioids, it's why we got addicted in the first place). I have experimented with many regimens of "comfort meds" to come off opiates, and the best I've come up with is to take 40-60mg of loperamide (whatever you need to mask withdrawal most of the way depending on your tolerance), and then the next day take clonidine twice a day and pregabalin. Then the next day take loperamide again, then the next day take gabapentin and clonidine. Repeat this process 1 or 2 more times, each round is 4 days. So by the end of 8 or 12 days, you should be free and clear of the acute withdrawal, and unless you've been addicted to gabapentinoids before, you will have no problem stopping the gabapentin/pregabalin or the loperamide. Just using pregabalin or gabapentin instead of alternating them works too, but it makes it a little less likely to get addicted to them if you alternate. Also, if you have never been addicted to benzos before, you can take a benzo at night to sleep, if you're having trouble sleeping, or occasionally as needed for bad anxiety. But BE CAREFUL with that because benzo withdrawals make the worst opiate withdrawals seem like a walk in the park. So many people have ended up addicted to benzos when using them to get off opiates, so if you can avoid it, you should. Avoid alcohol entirely as it makes the restlessness and hot flashes much worse after the initial high wears off.

At that point, start working out every day, at least 30 minutes of cardio and weights, spend an hour at the gym or at home each day. This will help SO much in stabilizing and feeling good without opiates, by producing dopamine and endorphins, which will help to heal and upregulate your opiate receptors.

Ain't seen a good lopermide mega thread in a while nice funnily enough I just found some lopermide my opinions on lope are well known I think if it can cause heart damage at high doses how do we know it can't cause small damage at smaller doses that you don't notice until it's to late and it's accumulated to the point of serious heart damage I can personally verify though that you can get a good buzz off lope but it's seems to be hit and miss I'm talking roulette chances you can take it hundreds of times at huge 40mg doses and get nothing euphoric or noddy then one day you can take 6mg and catch yourself nodding out and then nodding back out and while you nod back out you realise suit I'm actually high as a kite that was my experience anyway I never got a buzz off them since though this is going back a good few years though.

Oh and whatever you do, do not smoke tobacco on lope maybe it's just me but the chest pains some people report seem to be more likely to come on if you smoke and they come on a lot stronger I get a similar sort of experience with tramadol ain't touched tramadol in a few years either tramadol and lope imo are a lot more dangerous than most people would have you believe.. I think one day some scientists are gonna find out that tramadol and/or lopermide causes of increases your chances of some serious pulmonary disease, brain cancer, Alzheimer's or something else.

don't get me wrong if I had nothing and was clucking I would defo take a handful of lope but only twice the recommended dose in one go and if they haven't kicked in, after a couple hours take the same dose and if I still don't feel anything I'd give it up whatever I say about them both though I would rather have even tramadol instead of lopermide and I hate tramadol.

This may seem silly but I wonder if lopermide can be effectively used in combination with paracetamol or ibuprofen for enhanced effect, the same way codeine is which is why you get cocodomal and why cocodomals feel stronger(ime)than the smaller codeine phosphate tablets.

Ain't seen a good lopermide mega thread in a while nice funnily enough I just found some lopermide my opinions on lope are well known I think if it can cause heart damage at high doses how do we know it can't cause small damage at smaller doses that you don't notice until it's to late and it's accumulated to the point of serious heart damage I can personally verify though that you can get a good buzz off lope but it's seems to be hit and miss I'm talking roulette chances you can take it hundreds of times at huge 40mg doses and get nothing euphoric or noddy then one day you can take 6mg and catch yourself nodding out and then nodding back out and while you nod back out you realise suit I'm actually high as a kite that was my experience anyway I never got a buzz off them since though this is going back a good few years though.

Oh and whatever you do, do not smoke tobacco on lope maybe it's just me but the chest pains some people report seem to be more likely to come on if you smoke and they come on a lot stronger I get a similar sort of experience with tramadol ain't touched tramadol in a few years either tramadol and lope imo are a lot more dangerous than most people would have you believe.. I think one day some scientists are gonna find out that tramadol and/or lopermide causes of increases your chances of some serious pulmonary disease, brain cancer, Alzheimer's or something else.

don't get me wrong if I had nothing and was clucking I would defo take a handful of lope but only twice the recommended dose in one go and if they haven't kicked in, after a couple hours take the same dose and if I still don't feel anything I'd give it up whatever I say about them both though I would rather have even tramadol instead of lopermide and I hate tramadol.

This may seem silly but I wonder if lopermide can be effectively used in combination with paracetamol or ibuprofen for enhanced effect, the same way codeine is which is why you get cocodomal and why cocodomals feel stronger(ime)than the smaller codeine phosphate tablets.
I don't think 40mg doses are particularly dangerous, is that what you are taking?

I'm not gonna lie, I've had very vague subtle body highs from lope before, at various doses, but not something I would really want to repeat unless I was in withdrawal

and its probably not really good to do every day man, it's gonna build up in your system

I have never felt actually high from lope, but I have gotten very heavy opiate-like body feelings, where I felt comfortable and sleepy. Comfortable in that my limbs feel heavy and not wanting to move, but uncomfortable too, in that my insides feel like they're dry as a desert and I get esophagus pain when I swallow which is pretty awful sometimes. I have never tried taking it except during opiate withdrawal so the heavy comfort I am referring to is simply the lack of that horrible RLS feeling that opiate withdrawal gives me, which is the worst part of opiate withdrawal for me by a longshot.

But seriously, be careful with large doses, there is a loperamide thread kicking around in Trip Reports that started as a trip report but turned into a 10 year long thread with many people telling their stories... several Bluelighters or loved ones of Bluelighters died or were hospitalized from chronic high dose loperamide.

I took 72mg today at 9am to suppress WDs during my trip from GR -> NL (total 10 hours).

Don't waste time telling me this is placebo, I had literally not a 1 single WD symptom through out the whole trip, and I have tested before, and even with Kratom, at the 8 hour point I would already have at least headache and intense cravings. This loperamide removed even the intense cravings (now I am just on a mundane mood, not bad not good).

So the kind of mood where I wanna get high and euphoric, but after just a few puffs and a couple lines, I can barely keep my eyes open and I am forgetting to breathe. Granted, the H here is stronger than in GR, but I am versed with this H as well, and this would never happen, so clearly this bullshit drug is giga potentiating the effects of H.

I am not going to take anymore now because I know an OD is just around the corner, I am trying to freaking study and I can't keep my eyes open more than 1s, and I can;t focus on what I am reading because I have to remind myself to breathe.

Anyone knows how long this bullshit drug lasts? Will I be able to get high tomorrow morning?

Regardless, I am convinced beyond any doubt that loperamide suppresses WDs. I am also convinced beyond any doubt that it is very unhealthy, it is well known to cause heart problems at high dosages, I have also read that after it passes BBB it is like MPTP (fries dopaminergic neurons -> parkinson), but if you really don't wanna go through WD, it defo works (at least for the first 10 hours, I don't know how effective it would be 3 days down the line). Also, don't try to get high on it, neither this time (72mg) nor the previous (120mg) did I get even the slightest euphoria / elevation of mood. But it certainly eradicated 90-95% WDs.

But now it prevents me from getting high, not in the bupe or methadone way, rather it is so strong in itself despite not getting you high, that combined with hard opes like H, I feel OD's right around the corner.

TLDR; 1) when does high dose lope effect stops?, 2) ppl who say high dose lope doesn't work have not tried it/have very strong BBB/ are perhaps delusional, 3) jfl at all the comments in both megathreads about not being able to shit with high dose lope, it is nowhere near as constipating as heroin

I took tramadol for over 10 years.

I hope they don't come back and say it causes something crazy.

It's been around long enough that they should know by now if it did.

I've had weird tachychardia on lope, after only using it for 2 days and then smoking weed ontop of it.
Felt like my heart was fluttering and going cold. Strange sensation.

I took 72mg today at 9am to suppress WDs during my trip from GR -> NL (total 10 hours).

Don't waste time telling me this is placebo, I had literally not a 1 single WD symptom through out the whole trip, and I have tested before, and even with Kratom, at the 8 hour point I would already have at least headache and intense cravings. This loperamide removed even the intense cravings (now I am just on a mundane mood, not bad not good).

So the kind of mood where I wanna get high and euphoric, but after just a few puffs and a couple lines, I can barely keep my eyes open and I am forgetting to breathe. Granted, the H here is stronger than in GR, but I am versed with this H as well, and this would never happen, so clearly this bullshit drug is giga potentiating the effects of H.

I am not going to take anymore now because I know an OD is just around the corner, I am trying to freaking study and I can't keep my eyes open more than 1s, and I can;t focus on what I am reading because I have to remind myself to breathe.

Anyone knows how long this bullshit drug lasts? Will I be able to get high tomorrow morning?

Regardless, I am convinced beyond any doubt that loperamide suppresses WDs. I am also convinced beyond any doubt that it is very unhealthy, it is well known to cause heart problems at high dosages, I have also read that after it passes BBB it is like MPTP (fries dopaminergic neurons -> parkinson), but if you really don't wanna go through WD, it defo works (at least for the first 10 hours, I don't know how effective it would be 3 days down the line). Also, don't try to get high on it, neither this time (72mg) nor the previous (120mg) did I get even the slightest euphoria / elevation of mood. But it certainly eradicated 90-95% WDs.

But now it prevents me from getting high, not in the bupe or methadone way, rather it is so strong in itself despite not getting you high, that combined with hard opes like H, I feel OD's right around the corner.

TLDR; 1) when does high dose lope effect stops?, 2) ppl who say high dose lope doesn't work have not tried it/have very strong BBB/ are perhaps delusional, 3) jfl at all the comments in both megathreads about not being able to shit with high dose lope, it is nowhere near as constipating as heroin
I believe it has a half life of up to 10-14hrs.

Anyone know?
you known can't remember fully but one time I managed to get a buzz off a small dose of lope I was nodding out and everything and I also take Prometheus regularly back then maybe I took a couple with the pope and that's why I got a buzz it would make sense Thank you Dr yurp you have just solved a little mystery for me.

And yes to answer your question I think their may be something in the promethazine lopermide combo