• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Longest you've went without sleeping - did you become a lunatic street bum?

I once stayed up for almost 5 days straight. I was that busy at the time.

I would never do that again though.

i frequently did stretches of 5-6 days without sleep when i was addicted to crack. by day 2-3 i was psychotic and getting progressively worse.

i also had major issues with sleep aids, til i went to rehab i'd done 16 years without 'natural' sleep. its fucking hard. you won't go insane. you may well have a few completely sleepless nights. it is really really hard not to give in, tbh i couldn't do it by myself. your brain takes a frustratingly long time to heal, but within a few months of getting out of rehab i got to the point of never needing sleep aids or even thinking of using them.

Yeah, reached for the sleep aids at 6 am and then I was like, "nah, hold off - don't slide backwards".

I think like you say, it'll probably be a few sleepless nights for the first few days and hopefully the brain will eventually make me proud.

2 nights, meaning around 48 hours with mate tea. For work purposes.

From what I read and would imagine could be my reaction is that lack of sleep is a significant risk to mental health especially if one already has one.

Would worry if doing stimulants like that.

2 am to 7 am, no sleep aids.

I didn't think it was possible.

Oddly, before I slept, I actually thought I was going to vomit, like the body was having a bizarre physiological response.

2 am to 7 am, no sleep aids.

I didn't think it was possible.

Oddly, before I slept, I actually thought I was going to vomit, like the body was having a bizarre physiological response.
The mind can do some crazy things in regards to physiological responses. I had a panic attack once that completely mimicked a stroke.