• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Legality of poppies in the UK

Dont want to say but in the south east . A lot of the punjabis do it people who work on site taxi drivers and lorry drivers like me . The buzz is long and you can make the tea put it in bottle no fucker know anything its just black tea . When we use it we eat lots of sweet stuff increases buzz but nothing sour which takes the buzz down ,.

I remember seeing some police show and they'd arrested an indian guy and he had some poppy pods in his pocket, the police said "what are these then?" and he said "We take them when we drink" and the cop said "oh do you". They arn't illegal in themselves but obviously if you drug test for morphine when driving and you don't have a prescription it's bye-bye to your license.

I remember seeing some police show and they'd arrested an indian guy and he had some poppy pods in his pocket, the police said "what are these then?" and he said "We take them when we drink" and the cop said "oh do you". They arn't illegal in themselves but obviously if you drug test for morphine when driving and you don't have a prescription it's bye-bye to your license.
Hundred per cent my brother . I drove lorry for the highway maintinece here in UK 12 years and was always worried about teat. Once on a site I was working they had a big drug test and in one punjabi worker he failed due to opium in his system shit me right up . But the addiction was to strong to stop raw opium or pod tea at work and smoking gear at night. I was very lucky if i failed a test i most proberly looking at time . I'm clean now nearly a year and look back at the risk and think thank fuck I not get xaught

Even with the risk the pods màde work enjoyable I was always pleasant . Actually it was brilliant I looked forward to work had a great time

It is quite a good motivator - you can get a bit of work done with it. Have you managed to kick it all now? I like opiates a few times a year but taking it every day gets old really fast - stops being fun.

It is quite a good motivator - you can get a bit of work done with it. Have you managed to kick it all now? I like opiates a few times a year but taking it every day gets old really fast - stops being fun.
Yea I kicked all opium a year ago for good before that I kept relapsing. It was a very good motivator but when it a habit your just keeping th wd away . The best thing is keep it to one day aweek max you get a great buzz buty i never could

Last edited:
They are used as a hangover cure.
Hello Ismene, likewise! 👍

But yeh, pod tea can be very potent and long lasting. But although the nod can be significant, i find it lacks the euphoria and warmth of heroin - or even decent opium.
You get a bit of warmth and some euphoria but it cant touch brown. They are handy for people like me who smoke gear got a habit and have to work i could not carry foil around it kept wd away while at work but i could not wait to get home and smoke . I also think it kept my wd longer day ten my legs still felt like stone . When i did relapse on just heroin after getting clean I found it a shorter wd then when i was doing both.

Last edited:
Making the tea takes about 40 mins and the buzz strionger then just putting ground pods in mouth and washing down with water. The tea tastes like shit but that the little down side . I once went a week without heroin and just did pods i spent 80 quid but heroin a better buzz

I actually got to quite enjoy the taste. I used to add a bit of lemon juice during the simmering, but I found it tasted better without and made no difference to the effects.

I actually got to quite enjoy the taste. I used to add a bit of lemon juice during the simmering, but I found it tasted better without and made no difference to the effects.
A taxi driver friend of mine used to brew the tea then add milk and bring to boil that was nice you would sip it hot and it was nice. The poppie black tea i would gulp down I hated the taste or I would put the ground poppies in my mouth and wash down with water. It's funny you say lemon juice us Punjabis think anything slightly sour lessens the buzz and sugar increases it. Maybe it just a myth I would not even have ketchup

Last edited:
I also liked the taste of raw opium which we call afeem its the milky resin but it turns black . I seen people puke eating it i loved the taste

This is afeem

So Yubacity, this was obtained in the UK? I find that quite amazing that imported opium still makes it to this island, and always assumed the "opium" we did see was homegrown from ornamental cultivars or boiled down tea. Is it relatively common in certain communities then?

This is in India but I can get it here no problem. We get it here smuggled from India but the quality differs most the stuff dried out shit but if I can get a good bit I will. In the Punjabi and other north Indian communities, it is very common hidden but common. There was a Punjabi gang that smuggled through Heathrow for years. Now it's still coming through but quality more miss than hit. If I find a good bit I used to buy in bulk as good as it is cant beat brown and it more expensive here

Last edited:
So Yubacity, this was obtained in the UK? I find that quite amazing that imported opium still makes it to this island, and always assumed the "opium" we did see was homegrown from ornamental cultivars or boiled down tea. Is it relatively common in certain communities then?

I tried the stuff on the darknet that's sold as "genuine opium" and it has lots of reviews saying "it's genuine" but when I tried it, i thought it was very, very weak boiled down diluted poppy tea. Hardly active and very expensive - someone must be making a few quid.

I tried the stuff on the darknet that's sold as "genuine opium" and it has lots of reviews saying "it's genuine" but when I tried it, i thought it was very, very weak boiled down diluted poppy tea. Hardly active and very expensive - someone must be making a few quid.
Nowadays not really even worth a go better buzz with pods. You end up paying a shitload of money and it a waste. I have got some before and I took what should have given me a good buzz for 5 days in 1 day trying to get a buzz and just feeling a little tickle. Most Punjabis gave up on the raw opium and stick to pods they still consistent in the uk.

Last edited:
Wow there must be a huge number - do you know what strain of poppies they are?

Here's a site I buy them from: ************
Wow, thanks! Are they good? In Austria they grow vast fields, real nice Somniferums. But they are one of those strains that are EU-conform with less than 0.2 alkaloid content.

Would really like to know.... i 💜 poppies

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks! Are they good? In Austria they grow vast fields, real nice Somniferums. But they are one of those strains that are EU-conform with less than 0.2 alkaloid content.
They even sell the dried pods on Amazon etc.
Would really like to know.... i 💜 poppies

I used the pods from that site for the better part of 8 years, they're excellent. Very potent, the high is very long lasting. In terms of value, you get a lot of bang for your buck. Beware however, the withdrawal is very long and protracted and quite intense. The acute withdrawal lasts for about 7-10 days and you'll lingering withdrawal symptoms for another 1 to 2 weeks after that, then PAWS sets in. I don't know for how long as I never made it more than a week or 2 past the acute phase, but judging from the other WD symptoms, it'll be long. At the start 15-20 grams crushed to a powder in a blender with hot water and lemon juice, then blended and left to steep for an hour then filtered got me high as shit for a solid 24 hours. I'd wake the next day still pretty high. I felt like I'd found God. I had been doing codeine before this and whilst it was great, this was a whole other beast. I worked my way up to 120gram doses, sometimes with a 60gram booster 12 hours after the 1st.

I wanted to get on methadone to get off it, but none of the drug workers, nurses or Drs would do that because I "wasn't on heroin, so it wasn't indicated, just stop taking them" Well I did then get on heroin and starting injecting very quickly and did that for a good 6 years too, before I finally got on methadone. I've not used in 3 years now. Honestly heroin WD is miserable, but poppy pod tea is worse IMO, because it's as intense/acute as H but lasts much longer. Just be aware if you ever wanna get off pods, you might get very little support from your doctor or drug team, as it's a relatively unknown drug.

I used the pods from that site for the better part of 8 years, they're excellent. Very potent, the high is very long lasting. In terms of value, you get a lot of bang for your buck. Beware however, the withdrawal is very long and protracted and quite intense. The acute withdrawal lasts for about 7-10 days and you'll lingering withdrawal symptoms for another 1 to 2 weeks after that, then PAWS sets in. I don't know for how long as I never made it more than a week or 2 past the acute phase, but judging from the other WD symptoms, it'll be long. At the start 15-20 grams crushed to a powder in a blender with hot water and lemon juice, then blended and left to steep for an hour then filtered got me high as shit for a solid 24 hours. I'd wake the next day still pretty high. I felt like I'd found God. I had been doing codeine before this and whilst it was great, this was a whole other beast. I worked my way up to 120gram doses, sometimes with a 60gram booster 12 hours after the 1st.

I usually boil the powder first to kill off any pathogens/bacteria or mould that might be on them

I’ve had mold form on cold brews before so yea always boil at least a little in the beginning if doing a longer colder/room temperature brew. Once boiled it can sit at RT for days without molding.

-GC

I wanted to get on methadone to get off it, but none of the drug workers, nurses or Drs would do that because I "wasn't on heroin, so it wasn't indicated, just stop taking them" Well I did then get on heroin and starting injecting very quickly and did that for a good 6 years too, before I finally got on methadone. I've not used in 3 years now. Honestly heroin WD is miserable, but poppy pod tea is worse IMO, because it's as intense/acute as H but lasts much longer. Just be aware if you ever wanna get off pods, you might get very little support from your doctor or drug team, as it's a relatively unknown drug.
Hey, that was a nice reply!!!
That is soo screwed that they denied you treatment for " only " being on pods!
My first brush with opies were pods too, was still young but that first tea was pure bliss, the one thing i had always searched for in drugs.
Then they were outlawed cuz some guy had ODed on Medinox (seco +cyclobarbital) and they found a old pot with rancid pods in his kitchen. A politician had a career to pursue so this was blown outta all dimensions in the news. No more. The Withdrawals were like you described them, shitty street heroin will never take you there. Dont worry, my opie dose is sadly so insane high that a Dr once told me i cant be offed with that. I intend to make a standarsised solution in vodka ( water would let it get rancid too fast) and use that for taper! You helped alot !
Mo

Wow there must be a huge number - do you know what strain of poppies they are?

Here's a site I buy them from: **************
Arghhhh, the site is blotched out and i didnt write it down yesterday. ☹
But yeah, no sourcing here. I thought this one was somehow ok but seems to just have slipped through. I get the no sourcing rules, but first time they really bit me in the arse.