• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc (Kratom) Withdrawal

kind of off topic but I have a buddy that swears that there isn't any type of chance of withdraw or anything with it. now reading this post I'm starting to believe that he may be miss informed. does it matter of what strain it is? or is it just Kratom in general?

Everybody's different but there's A LOT of misinformation being spread by Facebook groups which leads to individuals spreading the same misinfo. I think it's mostly to due with the controversy surrounding kratom right now.
You'll be hard-pressed to find a single bad thing about kratom anywhere on these groups....it's pretty ridiculous. I use it and think it should remain legal (doubt it will although I'm doing my part) but that doesn't change that it is addictive and, like most people here will agree with, does cause withdrawal.

When people ask questions on those groups I PM them with my experience instead of post an honest answer and get ripped to shreds by a bunch of people who don't accept that their addicted to it.

Everybody's different but there's A LOT of misinformation being spread by Facebook groups which leads to individuals spreading the same misinfo. I think it's mostly to due with the controversy surrounding kratom right now.
You'll be hard-pressed to find a single bad thing about kratom anywhere on these groups....it's pretty ridiculous. I use it and think it should remain legal (doubt it will although I'm doing my part) but that doesn't change that it is addictive and, like most people here will agree with, does cause withdrawal.

When people ask questions on those groups I PM them with my experience instead of post an honest answer and get ripped to shreds by a bunch of people who don't accept that their addicted to it.

I agree with you 100% its addictive as hell. Withdrawl are horrible for me when for some people they only mild. I have high anxiety, intrusive thoughts, lack of motivation , feeling depressed. And ive been only taking it for 5 months. My husband had only slight withdrawl like feeling sleepy, no motivation and cravings. And he was taking much more of kratom than me. I was drinking 10g during the day and hubby drank 30g.

Well its a first day, feeling sleepy so far, cant stop yawning, no motivation lol could spend whole day on sofa watching tv and nap lol

Be glad you can sleep! When I've withdrawn off kratom in the past, I couldn't sleep for days. First time it was 5 days no sleep at all, then 2 more days very little sleep, then I finally started being able to sleep again. And when I say couldn't sleep, I mean nothing would knock me out, not ambien, not seroquel, and any other time seroquel knocks me out like nothing.

That's why appropriate comfort meds are so important. Insomnia will make recovery take longer in some cases.

How much kratom were you using RDP89? That sounds like one of the more difficult detoxes off kratom I've heard of. What did you try taking to mitigate symptoms other than Seroquel and Ambien?

Lyrica fully substitutes for kratom. Don't know how but it does....I've been off kratom for 1 week and had zero withdrawal or sleeping issues and without the lyrica I would.

Now I'm off of the lyrica for the past two days and notice a minor withdrawal

Lyrica fully substitutes for kratom. Don't know how but it does....I've been off kratom for 1 week and had zero withdrawal or sleeping issues and without the lyrica I would.

Now I'm off of the lyrica for the past two days and notice a minor withdrawal

How long have you been on kratom for ? Ive been on it for nearly 5 months. My husband didnt get any withdrawl as well.

Be glad you can sleep! When I've withdrawn off kratom in the past, I couldn't sleep for days. First time it was 5 days no sleep at all, then 2 more days very little sleep, then I finally started being able to sleep again. And when I say couldn't sleep, I mean nothing would knock me out, not ambien, not seroquel, and any other time seroquel knocks me out like nothing.

Oh I can sleep. I just wake up early which annoys me. Took only 0.5mg of xanax last night and slept like a baby. Feeling slightly worse today. Woke up with anxiety, LRS, chills and nausea.....its annoying how some people dont get any withdrawl hahah

Gabapentin works really well too for kratom detoxes.

I've been using kratom since the early summer on and off, and then basically daily after starting school this semester. I've been reducing it a little, while I collect the right stuff to deal with the kick. I can't wait till the semester is over and I can have the time to kick. It's almost motivating me to do more work so I can just start the kick sooner.

My supplies: gabapentin (general symptoms), clonidine (for RLS/BP), loperamide (GI/diarrhea), 21:1 CBD (mood, anxiety and sleep), trazadone (or if I can I'd like to get temazepam, for sleep) and propranolol (if needed as an adjunct for daytime anxiety).

That, lows of healthy food, maybe a little DXM, iboga or mescaline and lots of meditation. Detoxing is one of the best opportunities for practice IME. It was amazing how incredibly helpful having a mindfulness practice was during my time getting off methadone, and I know relying on my practice again with this will be absolutely crucial.

Anyways, I've enjoyed reading your threads on this Aga and I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. I'm looking forward to starting my own such thread when I make the drive in SL.

Gabapentin works really well too for kratom detoxes.

I've been using kratom since the early summer on and off, and then basically daily after starting school this semester. I've been reducing it a little, while I collect the right stuff to deal with the kick. I can't wait till the semester is over and I can have the time to kick. It's almost motivating me to do more work so I can just start the kick sooner.

My supplies: gabapentin (general symptoms), clonidine (for RLS/BP), loperamide (GI/diarrhea), 21:1 CBD (mood, anxiety and sleep), trazadone (or if I can I'd like to get temazepam, for sleep) and propranolol (if needed as an adjunct for daytime anxiety).

That, lows of healthy food, maybe a little DXM, iboga or mescaline and lots of meditation. Detoxing is one of the best opportunities for practice IME. It was amazing how incredibly helpful having a mindfulness practice was during my time getting off methadone, and I know relying on my practice again with this will be absolutely crucial.

Anyways, I've enjoyed reading your threads on this Aga and I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. I'm looking forward to starting my own such thread when I make the drive in SL.

Thank you for your reply:) I love gabapentin but my doctor wont prescribe me it. I got it once of my friend and loved how it helped me with my mood and anxiety. Doctors just love prescribing ADs like they are sweets. Its soo annoying. Ive got a supply of diazepam,xanax, magnessium, and of course loperamide. Tbh small dose of xanax takes everything away but i dont want to take it during the day. Ive slept till 9 today and feeling much better. Hopefully its going to stay this way. My hubby was taking codeine for 2 days and it helped him with kratom withdrawl but for some reason I cant tolerate it anymore. Tried tramadol yesterday just to take the edge off and and felt ill when it was loading. I felt similar like on mdma lol I got so bloody sensitive to meds. Ive got propranolol but cant take it cause it lowers my blood pressure too much. Its low anyway 90/60 , all women in my family have it. I remember once they wouldnt let me out from hospital cause of it. They said its too low lol I had to explain its my normal bp.loYear ago I could take 9 30mg codeine pills at once( I was only doing it from time to time, like once in a month) without any side effects and felt mint but nooooo now I can only take 2 hahaha im just looking for best combination of stuff I can take at work and survive 4 night shifts. Urghhh. Ive never tried mescaline and ibogaine, only LSD and Dmt. Tbh id be really scared to tried them. Iboga is good for heroine addicts and alcoholics isnt it ?

Try and do something nice for yourself, like going and getting a manicure and a massage. That stuff helps as hell of a lot with withdrawal just as long as the withdrawal isn't too intense, preventing you from leaving the house.

Good luck, it's just a matter of time until you start to feel better. Sounds like you're moving in the right direction already.

Try and do something nice for yourself, like going and getting a manicure and a massage. That stuff helps as hell of a lot with withdrawal just as long as the withdrawal isn't too intense, preventing you from leaving the house.

Good luck, it's just a matter of time until you start to feel better. Sounds like you're moving in the right direction already.

I am feeling much better, just bloody rls. And anxiety. Im just chilling watching John Carter lol did some housework and cooked. Dont fancy going out cause its snowing lol Im used to snow in Poland but been living in uk for past 10 years and I just get cold. I only weight 50kgs lol no wonder Im freezing all the time lol

It's awesome you're able to take good care of yourself with this. It makes all the difference.

LOL very fair about going out. I did enjoy getting all layers up to go for a walk in the snow when I was kicking and lived in Connecticut or Massachusetts briefly. It can be so beautiful outside in the forest when it snows, definitely a good way to distract one's self. But iono about how cold it gets in Poland? (looks like it is 1* or 2* C in Warsaw, so that isn't tttthhat bad ;))

That said, maybe you can give yourself a hot bath? That helps a lot with linger RLS and general stress. Great thing to do right before bed. Do they sell something called Tiger Balm where you are? It's something with a lot of menthol that helps with muscles spasms and injuries, and it absolutely lovely to use while kicking to get a better night sleep/relax.

One day I want to visit Poland and then Lithuania (where my mom's family is from). Politics seem a little nutty right now, but that seems like the case everywhere at the moment. Maybe if I visit MR for their wedding I can swing my by my literal motherland. And German and Switzerland would be fun too. I can try and find all the beautiful "foreign" women I've met on meditation retreats who live out there.

Switzerland seems like a really odd country, given how simultaneous liberal and conservative the culture is. But now I'm getting waaaaay off track.

OT: I always preferred to kick in the winter as opposed to the summer, as the cold seems to make it more bearable in the sense I can always add or remove extra layers depending on how I feel. And I think I just do better in colder climates.

How is your appetite doing? Eating well, three times a day, with fruit and veggies and complex carbs helps a lot with recovery from withdrawal. It really is under emphasizes, same with hydration. Especially give how small you are, you'd probably benefit from eating a little healthier (I mean I have no idea really, and no judgement from me about this).

Anyways, kicking is a great time to start implementing healthier eating habits. Ever try muesli? That stuff makes for a good and fairly healthy breakfast. And it's tasty as hell with a little yogurt or even cooked using hot milk (good for the winter). I rediscovered how amazing quality oatmeal is (like the kind that isn't as processes as much as instant oatmeal, where each out is really hearty). Such a wonderful, healthy and good for you comfort food :)

All this babbling on from me just means I'm happy to see you're on the mend and handling your situation really well. You deserve a lot of credit for that. So much of recovery is "mental" or psychological, so if you can begin mastering that aspect it will take you very far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always found that eating and drinking along with getting up out of bed and doing something made a huge difference during withdrawals. You probably won't feel like doing any of these three but trust me, if you don't, the withdrawal will feel much, much worse....especially the not eating and drinking part. My last withdrawal feom prescription morphine, I went to the gym every morning and in the 2nd and 3rd days (the worst part) helped my then girlfriend move house....2 days of heavy manual labour. I didn't feel like it if course, but it took my mind of it (plus got to have plenty sex each night which helps too lol)

It's awesome you're able to take good care of yourself with this. It makes all the difference.

LOL very fair about going out. I did enjoy getting all layers up to go for a walk in the snow when I was kicking and lived in Connecticut or Massachusetts briefly. It can be so beautiful outside in the forest when it snows, definitely a good way to distract one's self. But iono about how cold it gets in Poland? (looks like it is 1* or 2* C in Warsaw, so that isn't tttthhat bad ;))

That said, maybe you can give yourself a hot bath? That helps a lot with linger RLS and general stress. Great thing to do right before bed. Do they sell something called Tiger Balm where you are? It's something with a lot of menthol that helps with muscles spasms and injuries, and it absolutely lovely to use while kicking to get a better night sleep/relax.

One day I want to visit Poland and then Lithuania (where my mom's family is from). Politics seem a little nutty right now, but that seems like the case everywhere at the moment. Maybe if I visit MR for their wedding I can swing my by my literal motherland. And German and Switzerland would be fun too. I can try and find all the beautiful "foreign" women I've met on meditation retreats who live out there.

Switzerland seems like a really odd country, given how simultaneous liberal and conservative the culture is. But now I'm getting waaaaay off track.

OT: I always preferred to kick in the winter as opposed to the summer, as the cold seems to make it more bearable in the sense I can always add or remove extra layers depending on how I feel. And I think I just do better in colder climates.

How is your appetite doing? Eating well, three times a day, with fruit and veggies and complex carbs helps a lot with recovery from withdrawal. It really is under emphasizes, same with hydration. Especially give how small you are, you'd probably benefit from eating a little healthier (I mean I have no idea really, and no judgement from me about this).

Anyways, kicking is a great time to start implementing healthier eating habits. Ever try muesli? That stuff makes for a good and fairly healthy breakfast. And it's tasty as hell with a little yogurt or even cooked using hot milk (good for the winter). I rediscovered how amazing quality oatmeal is (like the kind that isn't as processes as much as instant oatmeal, where each out is really hearty). Such a wonderful, healthy and good for you comfort food :)

All this babbling on from me just means I'm happy to see you're on the mend and handling your situation really well. You deserve a lot of credit for that. So much of recovery is "mental" or psychological, so if you can begin mastering that aspect it will take you very far.

Oh it can really get cold in Poland. I remember when I was at uni there was -25C. Was so cold I had to wear 2 pair of gloves lol I miss Poland soo much. When you decide to visit, make sure you do it in summer. Its soo beautiful and hot. Ive been to Germany. Lived there for few months. Worth visiting :)Ive never been to Lithuania but ive heard its amazing over there. I am trying to eat healthy, loads of fruits, eggs, I eat porridge every day, dont even drink coffee or black tea, no fizzy drinks, just water and ginger tea. I have to eat healthy cause of gastritis but It became my habit and I will carry on with it. I feel better with myself when I take good care of myself. Ive lost weight cause of stress and still losing it. Probably linked to my iron deficiency. I cant take any iron suplements cause im allergic to them so I can only build it up with diet. I will get there eventually :):):)

I always found that eating and drinking along with getting up out of bed and doing something made a huge difference during withdrawals. You probably won't feel like doing any of these three but trust me, if you don't, the withdrawal will feel much, much worse....especially the not eating and drinking part. My last withdrawal feom prescription morphine, I went to the gym every morning and in the 2nd and 3rd days (the worst part) helped my then girlfriend move house....2 days of heavy manual labour. I didn't feel like it if course, but it took my mind of it (plus got to have plenty sex each night which helps too lol)

Hi:) I agree with you. Keeping busy and taking good care of yourself makes a diffirence. I always feel better when I move around and do something. Even if its doing dishes or walking doggie. I feel refreshed and stress free:);) I can only imagine how horrible morphine withdrawal must be for you. I bet its nothing compare to kratom. Well Im sure of it. I had withdrawal from tramadol once and it was horrible. And I only took it for a month. Never again..

Hi:) I agree with you. Keeping busy and taking good care of yourself makes a diffirence. I always feel better when I move around and do something. Even if its doing dishes or walking doggie. I feel refreshed and stress free:);) I can only imagine how horrible morphine withdrawal must be for you. I bet its nothing compare to kratom. Well Im sure of it. I had withdrawal from tramadol once and it was horrible. And I only took it for a month. Never again..

Yeah, morphine withdrawal wasn't much fun at all. I've been prescribed a few different prescription opiates over the years for a chronic pain condition and in the past have withdrawn from morphine, fentanyl and oxycontin. They were all pretty bad but by FAR the worst one was when the pain clinic put me on methadone tablets and my then GP retired and the new one wouldn't prescribe them anymore. I went from 180mg (a lot) to zero overnight and had the most hellish withdrawal that went on for months rather than days. This one was so bad than despite my best efforts I couldn't get upland about and barely had the energy to get up out of bed and go to the bathroom. I didn't sleep more than about an hour a night (split up into 10 minute sleeps) and couldn't eat anything for weeks. I honestly just wanted to die. On about the 18th or 19th day, I got up and walked the 200m outside to the shops and collapses (I think it was from my blood pressure dropping fast after spending so long in bed) and had to call an ambulance (embarrassing since that's who I work for lol).

The thing with withdrawal is that, it doesn't matter if yours isn't as severe as someone else's. 60% of feeling terrible is still terrible. Everyone who has ever been through it is trapped in their own personal hell.

Sorry for the long post

Yeah, morphine withdrawal wasn't much fun at all. I've been prescribed a few different prescription opiates over the years for a chronic pain condition and in the past have withdrawn from morphine, fentanyl and oxycontin. They were all pretty bad but by FAR the worst one was when the pain clinic put me on methadone tablets and my then GP retired and the new one wouldn't prescribe them anymore. I went from 180mg (a lot) to zero overnight and had the most hellish withdrawal that went on for months rather than days. This one was so bad than despite my best efforts I couldn't get upland about and barely had the energy to get up out of bed and go to the bathroom. I didn't sleep more than about an hour a night (split up into 10 minute sleeps) and couldn't eat anything for weeks. I honestly just wanted to die. On about the 18th or 19th day, I got up and walked the 200m outside to the shops and collapses (I think it was from my blood pressure dropping fast after spending so long in bed) and had to call an ambulance (embarrassing since that's who I work for lol).

The thing with withdrawal is that, it doesn't matter if yours isn't as severe as someone else's. 60% of feeling terrible is still terrible. Everyone who has ever been through it is trapped in their own personal hell.

Sorry for the long post

I don't understand how it's legal to pull someone off 180 methadone for pain with zero warning.

This is really good advice. And it needn't be anything extreme necessarily even with the exercise - even just going on a couple walks for an hour or so each time makes a big difference to QOL during withdrawal.