• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Misc Kratom - Describe how it makes you feel

The Shadow Self

Bluelighter
Made me not feel the WDs to the degree that I otherwise would have felt. After tossing back a metric ton of it back in the day, and being grateful for having it, I never really felt much beyond that in terms of euphoria. But that is exactly what I needed it to do and it worked. Thankfully. I consider it a lifesaver in many ways.

xaddictx

Bluelighter
I hear turmeric has a very good synergy with kratom. How much and how long should I wait until I take kratom after the turmeric. I have Bali capsules. I realize this an old thread but curious.

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
For me it depends on strength and tolerance.

When tolerance's higher than maybe what would you make still feel good from 60mg morphine, then the off-targets like dopamine D2 antagonism and serotonergic antagonism become more pronounced and overshadow the opioidergic effects, it becomes a dysphoria inducing something. Extracts can push this a little further but I find kratom to be self-limiting (I also hate antipsychotics, guess it's connected). Without tolerance at low dosages it's like the smooth big brother of coffee. When taking a high dosage one can nod on it but it's not pleasant (again the D2 I guess). In-between it's quite like a non-sedating methadone mixed with a little coffee I'd say - kratom and the coffee plant are relatives btw.

Kratom contains more than 39 active alkaloids, most of them only in insignificant amounts apparently but this will change with dosage. I found also different strains to be similar and/or quite different without finding any clear logic based on what they sell it for - some say they invent the labels at will and just ship what they have. Which might be true.