• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Kratom addiction

I've been taking it daily, but I only do 6g total. 3g in the early afternoon and 3g before bed. I actually don't get much from the night time dose. The first dose of the day feels good.

I tried kratom once, because I heard it would help me kick regular junk. I've never taken it again because I liked it a bit too much.... and it was a bit too pricey, compared to just getting my normal morphine scripts & heroin scores.
When I did try to kick normal junk, I went with pods instead of kratom. I figured it would be a bit easier since I knew what to expect from the active alkaloids in them and their w/d, as compared to the many unknowns in kratom.

I also learned then that tramadol w/d is just plain disasterous compared to the just plain suck of morphine w/d.
My first experience with the horrors of tramadol was when my old army doc dropped me off of it at 400mg/day without any warning.... and I had no idea what was gonna hit me.
So when I went back in and told him how shitty I was feeling, he was like "oh yeah, you're having withdrawals", and promptly put me on morphine 90mg/day.
whoops.

coca leaf, kava kava, valerian root and cannabis indica can help with the tappering, as they synergise with kratom. The trick is to invest in a good scale and spend 2 weeks reducing doses 200-100mg at a time. Start with three doses of three grams each- 1 in the morning, the second before going to bed (after kava and before cannabis) and the third when the withdrawal wakes you up restless.

Kava kava increases the power of kratom and decreases withdrawals, but you have to be very careful, because if you drink to much kava you might get nauseous. Cannabis can help with that nausea, by smoking or vaporising it afterwards.

Coca flour is effective against the withdrawal depression and also contains lots of nutrients and vitamins that help the brain processes.

Please Help

I am addicted to Kratom and suffering I can't do this alone any advice. I just joined here to get support. I am in withdrawal from benzos 2weeks off valium.
I went 36 hours c/t off Kratom and couldn't do it ended up dosing last night and this morning, I was not prepared for the intense withdrawal I am going to have to try and taper I am taking 20 capsules of the pimp grade dosing 3x day how do I taper?

Last edited:
I thought this stuff was kinda bunk... like caffiene pills essentially... I've tried it because they advertise it as opiate like... and I love opiates.. so I've got a few diff samples and couldn't feel a dam thing from any of them... neither did any of my friends who tried it with me... we ended up tossing it and smoking bowls of herb lol... that actually did get us high.... :)

I am addicted to Kratom and suffering I can't do this alone any advice. I just joined here to get support. I am in withdrawal from benzos 2weeks off valium.
I went 36 hours c/t off Kratom and couldn't do it ended up dosing last night and this morning, I was not prepared for the intense withdrawal I am going to have to try and taper I am taking 20 capsules of the pimp grade dosing 3x day how do I taper?

You have support, friend, and don't panic. Kratom withdrawal is something you can handle even when it hurts. I speak from experience. The most important thing is not to order more during the three-day ride of boredom, listlessness, and depression that cutting kratom out of your life will hand you. You can do three days standing on your head. You're paying back, but you can do it. I agree with other posters that kava kava can really help in the evening; but the morning dose is the one you'll miss the most. You won't, however, be throwing up, your bones won't grind, and you WILL be able to handle it. Go easy on yourself, think of the money you'll be saving, and before you know it you'll really appreciate a good night's sleep and a thoughtful morning that will come naturally to you without swilling down the powder.

Kratom is subtle. My friends and I all thought it was the greatest thing in the world-- and we all became users taking it several times daily. The warm rush of euphoric well-being lasted minutes instead of hours. If you're chasing the dragon even on that level, is it worth it? We all lied about how often we were taking it. Speaking for myself, kratom usage meant dependency, and speaking generally, everyone I know who uses it has became dependent. Some friends see it as a benign way to feel good, others like myself worried about the dependency and the diminishing returns.

One thing that really worked for me, which you might want to try, is to devote your remaining stores of kratom to going for a run. Strange as it may seem, the euphoric/chill/energized effects of kratom are great for a run. You'll run and feel great, and the endorphins from the run will do a lot for you as you start to taper. Use it just for your runs, don't re-up after the run, and you'll have started an empowering ritual that can carry you through the psychological dependence after you stop taking it. I found that kicking kratom kept me essentially on the couch and sapped of will for three days, so you won't be running then, but do some light stretching or yoga, and on day four get your ass running again, and you'll feel marvelous. I have struggled with kratom's role in my life for a couple of years, and the regimen of the run really helped get me on the other side of dependence. It feels great to wake up and not need the bitter, powdery brew to feel decent, and if you tough out the first few days, you'll be golden.

this is all intresting to me cuz im first learning about his kratom shit... moving to FL

kava kratom n bath salts wtf

ive been to the kava bar tho... really enjoyable

How on earth did u ingest the stuff? It tastes beyond rancid imo. Its so bad i cant even take it when my pupils r dilated and im shitting my brains out.

I wld say a week if ur using 15g a day, withdrawl is not as bad as hard
opiates tho, u shld only use it once every three days to avoid withdrawals

Having used Kratom a number of times I have concluded that it will be every bit as addictive as a traditional opiate. I recognize the high as being similar to tramadol as well as the old Darvon 65. Both of these are addictive. Personally I don't trust the the literature currently published as there are any number of concerns who have an agenda to sell Kratom. Every mood altering substance has a specific feel to it if you pay attention. Kratom feels like and opiate and that tells me the brain is dealing with it as an opiate. We know the rest of what the brain/opiate result is all about.

Reading all of this amazes me. My husband and I used Kratom to come off of opiates and although it's not technically an opiate, it does effect the same receptors in the brain as opiates do, therefore using the Kratom to come off killers made the detox process a piece of cake and had hardly any withdrawal symptoms at all. My husband has used it daily for almost six months now. I personally preferred to take it occasionally once I made it through the detox process and quit taking it altogether 3 months ago after being prescribed Adderall and didn't want to mix the two. We started off buying the mang da for the more up lifting, energy effects of it but recently my husband discovered he prefers the Bali due to it having more of a relaxing, benzo effect. We always buy the capsules weighing approx 1 gram each and take anywhere from 4-7 in the morning. He likes his with orange juice and I always preferred grapefruit juice to make it fully kick in. I don't remember ever experiencing withdrawal from the Kratom though. Unless being on Adderall during the day and Valium at night allowed me to not feel it? Make me wonder how my husband will do when he decides to let it go, considering it became like the mirrical herb for us.

It seems to affect different people in different ways. I am a strong believer that most of kratom's "withdrawal" is purely psychological. If you freak yourself out and expect these crazy withdrawals, well, that's exactly what's going to happen. Personally, I have been using kratom daily for years and year, and every time I have stopped cold-turkey, the symptoms are minimal. Simple craving is the worst, and if I can distract myself and forget about it, I will literally have no symptoms whatsoever. I just took a trip to NY for a week and a half. I took kratom with me, but found myself not even really needing it or wanting it, and not having any kind of withdrawal from abstaining for days. I've gotten worse rebound effects in the days following a weekend light oxy/hydro binge.

How long does it take to develop the physical addiction at the rate of 15 grams a day?

this would be nice to know lol....I drank like 20g a day for about 4 days...havnt had it in days, might have a small dose again today. maybe 5g.

Having lived in Thailand for a while, I had tried kratom leaves before. The trouble started when I started ordering it online after I came home.
I have been using kratom for about a year and a half now, everyday. I knew, after a short while that it was addictive as I would wake up feeling rough and end up taking a small spoonful and washing it down with water. Bingo! All is well again.
I don't want to think about the money I have spent on it.
It was clear that I was going to have to get oof it at some stage, but I kept putting it off. Then one day, my parcel didn't arrive. I emailed the seller, he sent another. Still hasn't arrived. Not sure why this is as it's still legal (I think).
Anyway, my last dose was Thursday afternoon. It's now Saturday night and I have had a rough few days. Flu-like symptoms (pretty sure it's not as bad as heavy opiates though), no appetite at all, restless in bed, a cold sweat in work. I had to leave work early on Friday. Oh, and a few Trainspotting toilet moments as kratom constipates me.
Hopefully I will start to improve soon. Like someone else said, I will have to be responsible when the parcel finally arrives. I don't want to go through this again.

I recently got my first bag of Kratom. I've taken low, medium, and high doses of it and no effect. Had a friend tell me my opiate tolerance is too high so I won't feel Kratom. Almost got a different strain today but I don't need another addiction, especially if I'm not feeling it. I'm on long term pain management so opiate tolerance ain't budging. Could I still get addicted to it?

The withdrawals don't last longer than a week in my experience. I was heavily addicted to it at one point taking about an ounce a day but having been addicted to things like suboxone and heroin, I find kratom can be difficult, but not lasting. around the fourth or fifth day you get much better. One thing that makes the withdrawals almost non-existent for me is Gabapentin, also called Neurontin. I get the 800mg pills they are very effective for withdrawal symptoms and I don't find them addicting. Kratom is not for everyone, you sound like someone who would do best to avoid it. Good luck to ya!

It's tremendous for wd'ing off of opiates, for sure. I used it to get off fentanyl and to my surprise, the Wds were minimized in a way that I never expected. Used up to 10 grams a day for a month or so, then just tapered the Kratom down. Didn't feel like I had any significant wds from the Kratom stoppage. I was wanting to stop it anyway, because of the GI issues associated with it. It is more constipating that opiates, and I was taking like 20 senekot a day just to keep things moving. But yes...I wish more people knew of its benefit for opiate Wds. It's a miracle compound in that regard. Reduces the misery by about 90%, IMO.

This is the most addictive shit ever...like seriously wtf I feel like i'll never be normal or happy again, without it. There's just this insane craving, where I think about it 24/7 when I don't have it. And I didn't even do it for that long, or that heavy of doses. I took only 10 grams a day (divided into 2 doses a day) for like a month and that's it. And now I feel like I am hopelessly addicted to the point of I'll never be normal again. Normal activites don't interest me anymore if I'm sober. I don't like alcohol, that is not a substitute for kratom. I think weed probably would be, but the thing is I quit smoking weed and I never want to go back to that lifestyle again. So, I really hope you guys are right and these withdrawls only last 3 days. I did oxycodone everyday for a year and the withdrawls were nothing compared to this. They were more physical but far less mental. Meaning i felt like I could at least live without it. I wouldn't call this a depression what Im going through. Just extreme boredom and like nothing is interesting anymore. I hope this isn't permanent, I just feel like the craving will never go away. Kinda like how after you get addicted to cigs, the craving stays with you for a lifetime, that's how this kratom addiction feels...It feels mostly all mental, but to the extreme...I'm really scared.

It's much worse than any other withdrawl I've ever experienced, mentally. I used to do MDMA almost daily, I rolled 20x some months, and I got severly depressed, and it was better than this. Meaning, I'd rather be depressed and feel sad, than to feel empty. I hope this goes away, seriously. Has anyone else gotten this feeling from kratom leaf?