Kratom addiction

silly question here: Zophen, wtf is Cinzano? I'm guessing some sort of wine, but you can never tell on Bl.

Xorkoth good luck. I hope every thing works out for you.

I gave up drinking ten days ago, it's been rough but not impossible

Cinzano is a fortified wine also kind of like spiced/flavoured /really tasty .

i heard that cyclizine and methadone caused the same sort of buzz at diconal as i live in canada and there is no chance of getting it here unless i find a friend or family member willing to send it from the uk...... cyclizine is OTC in canada..... was the smartest to iv it and i didnt get what i was looking for......hopefully next time i get over the ditch i can get some of the finest the uk has to offer

Xorkoth said:
So a little background. I started using kratom about 2 years ago. I loved, and still love it. I got physically addicted very quickly, since I started using it every day almost from the start. However, since I had a ready supply, I didn't realize it until I'd been taking large doses 1-3 times a day for over 6 months. Then, I decided I had fucked up my credit card balance enough, and decided to quit. I was unprepared for the severe and disturbing withdrawals I experienced.
IMO kratom is very addictive psychologically, less so physically (but still is somewhat).
That episode sparked a period of depression in my life that took a long time to recover from.
Very, very common symptom of kicking kratom. Don't feel alone... when I kicked after a full year's heavy habit, I voluntarily hospitalized myself due to strong suicidal impulses. After getting out a few days later, the depression was no better... I had to literally grind my teeth & tough it out for two weeks until it eased up. Hard aerobic/cardio exercise helps. Antidepressants may be necessary... don't discount 'em.
Mostly, all I could do was lay in my bed on the verge of panic and tears, knowing I had no reason to be depressed but unable to help it. To make matters worse, sleeping was impossible and I got virtually none for 5 days, due to extreme restlessness of the limbs (I just had to thrash about when I tried to be still, very strange).
Another common w/d symptom, it's called akathisia (extreme restlessness) and it is incredibly unpleasant. I used to get it worst in the morning after being without kratom in the evening and then all night while asleep. In fact, it woke me up into a state of sheer misery... hell of a way to greet the day :(. Try benzodiazepines or gabapentin/pregablin (or clonidine, if you can get it).

The other major kratom w/d symptom is extreme fatigue, and unfortunately there's little or nothing that helps IME. The worst is over in three days, so see if you can get some time off work.
So I'm going to have to withdraw, and in fact yesterday afternoon, 24 hours after my last dose, it began. It got bad last night, and will probably get worse. I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to help ease it?
Lots. Pretty much the same things people use to ease opiate withdrawals (hit the search engines!). 'Luck...

Last edited:
How long does it take to develop the physical addiction at the rate of 15 grams a day?

I was hooked on kratom - desperate to use daily and doing so - for a few monrhs. I then used so much of it one fateful lucky day that I just felt so sick (read: VERY nauseous and dizzy and headachy) that I stopped using. I was cured from my mild addiction by just getting disgusted with it.

I still have about half a kilo of the stuff and i use it seldom. the smell of it still makes me feel a bit queawy at times, although I have used it since, on rare occasions.

I wonder if i can ever enjoy it again like I used to.

i have had wds from kratom many times and while its not like a strong opiate, whenever i would wd i would always be very psychotic, angry, and depressed. I havent touched it in about a year because of this, it was kind of scary how hostile it made. Way worse then any opiate i have wd from, thats why i wont touch it, i still take hydrocodone and i can abuse that way more and not feel psychotic.

Ive been using kratom daily for about a month now. Before that I used it for a few months once or twice a week. I have been noticing that I feel slightly off in the morning and extremely tired before dosing. I find that taking 6 grams in parachutes is enough to hold me for the entire day. When my dose kicks in I feel motivated, talkative and euphoric. This will last for a few hours before it turns into a nice opiated buzz that last's the rest of the day.

I rarely feel the need to redose later in the night but Im definitely finding it hard to resist that first one everyday. I'll probably kick it at some point in time but Im just enjoying what it offers way too much to give it up now. It's definitely a tricky substance and it's certainly got me in it's grips already. I don't really mind though, I'm comfortable here. It treats my pain perfectly and I could see myself maintaining on this substance for a long time to come.

7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine are the alkaloids in kratom thought to be the primary active mu-opioid receptor agonists, for anyone who was wondering.

To the OP: It sounds like you are making good progress......keep up the good work! I have oodles of personal experience (sadly) with kratom withdrawals, having used super strong kratom extracts every day for years. The withdrawal symptoms are nothing to laugh about.......I have withdrawn from various other opiates over the course of my life and would compare the intensity and duration to withdrawal from hydrocodone and smaller amounts of everyday use of oxycodone. This is withdrawal from heavy use of the strongest extract.

It doesn't totally incapacitate me, but damn near close the first few days with stomach issues, RLS, insomnia, chills, etc. but it does seem much more manageable with comfort meds than other opiates. Loperamide, in moderate doses, helps kratom extract withdrawal ALOT, so does 800mg doses of ibuprofen a couple times a day. Tramadol totally helps with it too, but if you even have an inkling that you would be tempted to keep using the tramadol then I wouldn't touch it. I have felt really bad for a close friend of mine who became dependent on Tramadol, having no idea that it was an opioid that can cause dependence.......she didn't even know she was in withdrawal when she quit taking it and felt like death and didn't even really know what withdrawal meant. It was heartbreaking actually........her doctor had her quit taking it after years of 400mg a day without any discussion of tapering, withdrawal, etc. Doctors really suck sometimes! Sorry about the off the topic, just wanted to advise caution when using tramadol for withdrawal.......but it really can help.

Just keep up the good work and stay strong! I know how hard it is, for real. Been there. If you need any support, hit me up with a PM.....I don't mind and I'm pretty knowledgeable about kratom extract hell. Best wishes <3

Help!

So I fucked up and started using kratom too much in the last three months - now I'm having what appears to be wd's. Basically, heart-pounding, anxiety-laden insomnia. Anyway, last night I got a little more kratom with the plan to taper off completely, but I still couldn't sleep all night even after dosing a smallish dose. So my question is: will tapering off with more kratom help me get out of this, or should I just tough it out cold turkey? I definitely don't want to make things worse or draw things out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I'm freaking out here mang!!! Thanks

dont know if you can get access to it, but clonidine will help alot with your physical symptoms, it just wont do jackshit for mental withdrawal

^Thanks, I think I'll just go cold turkey with some lotus and melatonin - clonidine isn't available. Screw kratom, anything that can make me feel this shitty, isn't worth it no matter how good the positives. But thanks again man.

^Thanks, I think I'll just go cold turkey with some lotus and melatonin - clonidine isn't available. Screw kratom, anything that can make me feel this shitty, isn't worth it no matter how good the positives. But thanks again man.

You can also just reduce your dose and frequency over time if the CT doesn't work

when you say "feel shitty" are you referring to the withdrawal?

or were you suffering from negative effects whilst under the influence?

reading this thread makes me a bit nervous about ceasing my kratom intake. ive been taking more as the months have gone by and im at somewhere around 8-10 grams a day now of bali powder. i usually redose about every 6 hours or so. its really helps with my anxiety and depression, so im gonna stay on it for the time being.

I hope your detox goes smoothly for you Boognish
keep us updated

Just started using Kratom. I got the leaf and make a tea with it. Its quite disgusting but not undrinkable. Last night for the first time I got quite nauseous on it, this seems to be a common complaint, unless having tea is harder on the stomach ?
Anyway, I doubt I could use it every day, is there not also a tolerance with Kratom that casues it to be less effective over time ?, I would also be worried about addiction

Kratom is real sneaky at becoming a full blown addiction, tolerence happens fast and eventually you will not get a high from it, you will need it to feel normal, I remember the mornings waking in withdrawal and the first thing you think of is kratom and take it straight away, sometimes to just try to sleep again. It's not really a social thing either. you will rather stay in kratomised than go out and in fear of not being able to get it if you need it. Eventually a weird anxiety kept creeping into my burns and i stopped. Tapering it is really difficult because even a gram less caused w/d and because of inconsistancy between batches of kratom.The good thing about it is that I don't have cravings for it, they stopped after 5 days of w/d from it, it's like when your off kratom you appreciate sanity again, this is where its different to opiates I think. I tried to take kratom recreationally again but ended up binging on it for 2 weeks and decided that I wont be able to use it like that. I even got a w/d from the 2 week binge.

Kratom is real sneaky at becoming a full blown addiction, tolerence happens fast and eventually you will not get a high from it, you will need it to feel normal, I remember the mornings waking in withdrawal and the first thing you think of is kratom and take it straight away, sometimes to just try to sleep again. It's not really a social thing either. you will rather stay in kratomised than go out and in fear of not being able to get it if you need it. Eventually a weird anxiety kept creeping into my burns and i stopped. Tapering it is really difficult because even a gram less caused w/d and because of inconsistancy between batches of kratom.The good thing about it is that I don't have cravings for it, they stopped after 5 days of w/d from it, it's like when your off kratom you appreciate sanity again, this is where its different to opiates I think. I tried to take kratom recreationally again but ended up binging on it for 2 weeks and decided that I wont be able to use it like that. I even got a w/d from the 2 week binge.

Do you think that Kratom can be used recreationally
How much Kratom were you taking daily ?

yeah I always found that tolerance grew fast, and gave me just as bad w/ds as hydrocodones did.

Do you think that Kratom can be used recreationally
I know I'm not the one who that question was directed at, but I should think that Kratom CAN be used recreationally, but there is always the serious risk of addiction like all opiates and opiate-like drugs.

I was once a regular kratom user and usually dosed once per day, about 5 days a week. I experienced withdrawals when I would stop, but they were fairly minor. I found poppy pod use to be much worse, the withdrawals were literally 3x - 4x worst.

I dont intend to, or cannot afford to use Kratom daily but was interested and a little shocked to read how many that do use daily have addiction issues , while so many others get little if nothing out of Kratom !
anyway, good to know