• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Blog Kicking Kratom Once and For All!!!

Coming up on 37 hours clean. Gonna grab my phone and headphones and head out for a brisk walk. Right now worst problem is stomach churn and unable to sit still. Hoping the walk helps with both.

38 hours clean

back from my brisk walk in 80 degree heat. Was exhausting. Just got out of the shower and grabbing some beef Jerky before trying to get some work done...

42.5 hours clean

anxiety ravaged my stomach and mind most of the afternoon until about 3PM. Then it seemed to all of a sudden let up and I got really tired (a welcome rest). Not sure if the body just gets exhausted from the constant anxiety but not complaining.

Sitting here at my son’s practice and glad to be out of the house and not feel like complete death. We will see how the dreaded night time goes. I would like to make it into work tomorrow because I thinI a busy mind does lots to keep anxiety at bay

58 hours clean...

survived another night and actually slept through almost completely from 9 pm to 6 am. Was just exhausted yesterday. Woke this am with low back pain and some stomach cramps but working through them. Gonna go with no Imodium today so I can try and get normal bowel movements again. I think that will help.

opted to work from home again today and plan to make the trek into the office tomorrow. Here’s to hoping the worst of the anxiety is behind me but we shall see...

60 hours clean.

been feeling good this am. Had a cup of coffee and didn’t feel too jittery or anxious from it. Slight rls while I sit here trying to work. Stomach has settled down after some frosted mini wheats and tea. Hoping for a good day.

side note: need to get the lawn mowed today which typically takes about an hour. Bonus is it’s 90 degrees here today. That will be my strenuous exercise for the day.

64.5 hours clean

I keep thinking about some unopened phen I have on hand but have been well warned that is not a smart idea. I need to toss it.

My wife has been having a rough day and I have good energy so I between working I have been doing laundry and cleaning up our bedroom. I need to help out more and hopefully this is the start of a GOOD habit. Check in later tonight.

I keep thinking about some unopened phen I have on hand but have been well warned that is not a smart idea. I need to toss it.
Hate to be devils advocate (or do I?) but phenibut would def put you in a better place (temporarily) and there really is no issue (IMO) as long as it is used responsibly.
Glad you are making it through. I dropped kratom for two months and couldn't tell if there were WDs or not. However: I was at relatively low dosage (1-1.5g 4 times a day) and do in fact ingest phenibut a couple times a week (250-1250mg depending on what else there may be in system). I did taper the kratom down to about 500mg thwice a day (morn and night) and jumped when it ran out.

Hate to be devils advocate (or do I?) but phenibut would def put you in a better place (temporarily) and there really is no issue (IMO) as long as it is used responsibly.
Glad you are making it through. I dropped kratom for two months and couldn't tell if there were WDs or not. However: I was at relatively low dosage (1-1.5g 4 times a day) and do in fact ingest phenibut a couple times a week (250-1250mg depending on what else there may be in system). I did taper the kratom down to about 500mg thwice a day (morn and night) and jumped when it ran out.

I have just heard horror stories about Phenibut withdrawal and I don’t trust the addict in me. I’m glad you got off the Kratom. That is a relatively low dose so best you kept it that way. I have been taking between 36 grams to 54 grams per day for 12 years almost continuous. Not a fun time.

36 grams to 54 grams per day for 12 years
Heard. Hence the kratomdemon? got it.
Sure this would take some forethought and planning. Damn that would fucking drain my bank.
That is exactly why I kept it low dose as it is too good to abuse IMO. Like the last life-line.
Took 2g today @ ~2pm (when mail ran... left work soon as i saw delivered on tracking lol but was back in 3 minutes) and still feeling pretty boss. was nice to take a break but it is my tree of life.
I love my benzos and didn't trust myself with phenibut but I do not feel as if it is being abused either. Haven't increased dosage and if fact have been decreasing and seems a little bit does actually go a long way if not looking to get euphoria.
Hope it goes forward for ya and as with any opi that staying busy and at least feeling productive is great to beat off a lot of WD symptoms.

60 hours clean.

been feeling good this am. Had a cup of coffee and didn’t feel too jittery or anxious from it. Slight rls while I sit here trying to work. Stomach has settled down after some frosted mini wheats and tea. Hoping for a good day.

side note: need to get the lawn mowed today which typically takes about an hour. Bonus is it’s 90 degrees here today. That will be my strenuous exercise for the day.
Hey there, mighty good effort by sounds of it thanks for sharing with us all.

So Im just thinking, there must be light on the other side, for you to be feeling better by this stage is really encouraging.

I have been taking Kratom daily for about 2 weeks now first time ever trying it.

I have not been overly concerning myself regarding the risk or inevitability of addiction with continued daily use or the warnings about the withdrawals because I'm trusting that it will not be so terrible that it cannot be managed if there is a very good reason to want to do it or it just has to be done.

A big part of me keeps feeling that it really might not be as bad as people imply.
I hope so at least because I can still see myself heading that way.

I've never been addicted to anything except psychological cannabis dependence.
But your report of things easing up by now is very encouraging, hopefully the worst will soon be over for you.

I don't meannto suggest it is easy, I'm sure you are sparing us the fine details of the actual experience. I don't know how long it takes to actually become physically addicted to kratom.

Last 2 days I took 12 grams total. I would like to see how two separate 5 gram doses, 5 hours apart, might work for me. With a potential top up but not necessary every day sort of approach.
I'm sure that I would supper at least a little bit to come off it even now, but then I suffer anyway so hopefully I won't know just too much extra on top.

Keep going @KratomDemon hope you can get through this now more easily and with fortune experience a refreshed outlook on life with many good things to come.

18.5 hours in. Anxiety had started building so brewed a cup of chamomile tea and it did wonders to take the edge off. The downside is this makes me drowsy so I can’t drink it and work very effectively.
Yes the big donwside to chamomile if you drink it away from bedtime. It really does work to induce sleepiness. I am intolerant to the majority of ingestible substances and I can only drink two types of herbal tea and water I can't really tolerate any other drinks that I have tried.

Nettle tea and chamomile tea do not cause me any adverse respiratory reaction but they are the only two teas in our cupboards which are actually an option for me and I don't really like either of them.

But that chamomile, boy yeah I do avoid it in daytime, Im long term severe sleep deprived with chronic fatigue, and chamomile isn' t really my cup of tea in that condition hehe.

Last edited:
So as good as last night seemed, I have been awake since 11 Pm (now 2:30 am). Slight restless legs, mind won’t stop racing and tightness in chest (anxiety). Can’t seem to get myself to calm down and work calls in less than 4 hours. I may end up calling off in the am if sleep doesn’t come soon...

83.5 hours clean

no sleep last night. Exhausted today and called off work for at least this morning. My rls and anxiety still persists. I caved and took a 250 mg Phenibut hCl cap about 20 mins ago. Don’t feel any different but going to dump the rest just in case. Today is gonna be rough...

83.5 hours clean

no sleep last night. Exhausted today and called off work for at least this morning. My rls and anxiety still persists. I caved and took a 250 mg Phenibut hCl cap about 20 mins ago. Don’t feel any different but going to dump the rest just in case. Today is gonna be rough...
So it may just be that the days are variable as your body tips about like a seesaw re-establishing equilibrium.

That makes sense it's kind of like a building site with projects to be done from different angles in a certain order with specific materials and with only so much resource.

The body is cleverer than we think and it goes about Healing in its own manner and time often you will make progress and feel much better for it before being greeted with another hill to climb which is the next stage as a layer is peeled back.

So I would expect that your own body will take a little while getting back into balance after such a long time I'm being adjusted in a particular way but I'm sure things will gradually get easier before too long and I'm sure it will be worth it.

I feel for you with the anxiety because that is probably my biggest problem in life and that's saying something because I have the most severe physical obstacles and loads of other mental health problems and injuries etc.

I think you probably did the right thing to take the phenibut. I don't think it counts as substituting or means that you have weakened and have not achieved breaking to the same degree I think that actually it can be useful to help you you ease through certain stages and keep on track without losing anything but actually gaining in the long run and hopefully having a slightly easier time in the short run.

So all you can do is remain mentally strong and know that that things will settle down and you will be able to find means of coping better and hopefully managing and reducing anxiety. You never know how you might think and feel once you have gotten the kratom really out of your system after such a long time you are a different person now and the way you react to and cope with the world can be different as well.

Anyway holding their man, just a few words of support and a little philosophy.

One thing I am later scene and my crashing message is quite heavily because I am getting really high from it in combination with my cannabis which I have reduced but it's still very high strength organic outdoor, my short-term memory is absolutely useless like worse than it ever gets from cannabis alone and that's what I'm using much more heavily.

I have been using the kratom recreationally in combination with the cannabis and enjoying it thoroughly and I have been pretty off my head for the last few weeks.

But my short-term memory is worse than it ever gets and that's definitely related to the question whether it would be the crafting usage alone or the combination with the cannabis and the overall mindset and experience which makes sense actually.

Effectively it's like I'm using cannabis much more heavily and I have experienced this type of short-term memory impairment in such scenarios before.

There is no way I will ever become a long-term addict To kratom because I do suffer adverse respiratory effects which I live with with permanently and these symptoms really affects my ability to speak by interfering with my vocal cords with mucus and inflammation.

Currently my kratom usage is severely hampering my ability to speak fluently and this happens with with pretty much any herbal remedy or supplement out there which I can't tolerate I tolerate the kratom better than most in fact.

Thanks for the words @AutoTripper I am determined to make it through. I had terrible short term memory while taking Kratom (just ask my wife). It seems to put you in a fog and things people tell you just don’t seem to stick as easily. Hope you have a good day.

I caved and took a 250 mg Phenibut hCl cap about 20 mins ago.
Phenibut takes ~6 hrs for it to fully affect me. @250mg one may not feel a lot going on but may notice that anxiety is not so high and one may be able to grab some sleep.
About 90 hrs now kratom free? That's great. Hope some of the angst has passed. Thanks for keeping the thread updated as it may help others who wish to cease kratom use.

Phenibut takes ~6 hrs for it to fully affect me. @250mg one may not feel a lot going on but may notice that anxiety is not so high and one may be able to grab some sleep.
About 90 hrs now kratom free? That's great. Hope some of the angst has passed. Thanks for keeping the thread updated as it may help others who wish to cease kratom use.

My pleasure keeping this thread. It is very therapeutic for me. I tossed the rest of my Phenibut in the trash so I am just putting it out of my mind.

~92 hours clean. Anxiety has lessened but rls has not. Dying to sleep but trying to stay up at least a few more hours so I can try to keep a normal sleep schedule.

While out on my walk earlier I texted my wife how bad my anxiety was (she doesn’t know why) and that if it didn’t let up tomorrow I’d see a doctor. Well she came home then with some lavender room freshener, two kinds of bed time/sleepy time tea and some food for me to eat. I’m so lucky to have someone who cares for me and at the same time ashamed to keep going back to Kratom behind her back.

two kinds of bed time
Hehe, I misread that. I thought you were saying two kinds of bedtime as if your wife decided she had a cunning plan to help with your anxiety, if you get me. I honestly thought that and I had to reread it to double check.

All clear now. So I just had a few thoughts to suggest, I expect you have explored all these avenues but just wondering if magnesium deficiency might be a factor, it is extremely Common and has been linked to RLS.

I also wonder if CBD is something which could help you I expect you have at least tried it at some point.

And you mentioned kava and peppermint tea bags a few pages back. I wonder if kava could be of any use, again not as a substitute but a change and a bit of variety which could help with anxiety without creating dependence.

One way to deal with anxiety can be to literally condition it away bit by bit if you can just find any way to relax and take your mind off things and detached from those thought processes and emotions.

Also I wonder have you ever considered trying the microdosing psychedelic protocol? I really believe there is great potential for microdosing to help people to address addictions of any type.

Sorry if any of this seems patronizing, Im sure you have tried and considered very much over time. I will microdose myself fairly soon, I strongly expect it to help me improve my relatiinship with and usage of cannabis, my only real ever addiction.