Blog Kicking Kratom Once and For All!!!

Another good day. Laying in bed I already have my brain trying to convince me to up my dose this weekend. “I deserve it. I worked hard this week.” Fuck you addict brain!

I was gonna drop my dose on Monday which would have been after 7 days at current dose but think I’ll make the drop Sunday so less chance of feeding bad at work on Monday.

I feel like it’s such a long road to go yet and most evenings I’m tired and I lay around dwelling on all of this. I need to force myself into some kind of activity to get my mind off it. I almost just want to stay at work since that makes it easiest to not use.

Night all. Day 5 tomorrow...

Day 5 is off to a solid start. Feeling glad it’s Friday and instead of dreading the weekend like I thought I would at the beginning of this week i am looking forward to it and hopefully be productive. Be attentive to my wife and son and not lay in a heavily dosed Kratom stupor all day. Take care all and will check in again tonight!

Made it through work today only dosing one time. The last hour was not the greatest and the hour long drive sucked but I was happy I stuck it out. I dosed after getting changed and then went out to mow the lawn. Sitting here at 8:05 PM and still only 2 out of 4 doses. I still plan on going along the other 2 doses but considering cutting my 3rd dose maybe in half.
Exhausted after this week but proud I stayed on taper. The weekend as we all know will be the real test/challenge...

Made it through work today only dosing one time. The last hour was not the greatest and the hour long drive sucked but I was happy I stuck it out. I dosed after getting changed and then went out to mow the lawn. Sitting here at 8:05 PM and still only 2 out of 4 doses. I still plan on going along the other 2 doses but considering cutting my 3rd dose maybe in half.
Exhausted after this week but proud I stayed on taper. The weekend as we all know will be the real test/challenge...

Doing great man!! Keep yourself busy and keep reminding yourself of the downsides of kratom. You can retrain your mind to see it as a poison, nasty sludge that is stealing your life force. It really helped me to reframe things.

Just keep trudging forward no matter what happens. Eyes on the prize.

Morning all

solid start to the weekend despite being up until almost 1 am likely due to Kratom energy. It is what it is though

took a walk this am with my son then came back and played some clash of clans with him and then did some vacuuming. No dose yet this am (9:30 am) and about to take a nice hot shower.

check in later. TTFN

All in all proud or how today went. I ended up taking 1.8 grams less than planned, effectively moving my dosage drop up a day and by one less capsule as well. Dosing went 10, 9, 8, 10. Plan is to keep it there for the next few days until ready to make another adjustment. The #1 rule is no dose increases no matter how I feel. If I fall off this taper, I go cold turkey on the next coming weekend no matter what.

I have some chamomile tea and ashwanda arriving tomorrow. I need to pick up some kava and peppermint tea as well and then I’ll be set I think to take things as they come.

check in with everyone tomorrow. Much love.

Morning everyone.

Woke up this am with minor low back pain which always happens in the am because the Kratom has worn off. Basically forces me out of bed but that is fine. Enjoying some coffee this morning and in a generally positive mindset.

I have some ashwaganda arriving today which I pray will help my anxiety which is always through the roof when quitting. Also have some chamomile tea coming.

Taking it relatively easy today though. Planning on going to Best Buy to look at TVs. Plan is to treat myself to a nice 4K big screen and remind myself more fun purchases can be had when not dumping thousands a year down the drain on Kratom. Will check in later as dosing begins.

May you all find peace this Sunday.

12:30 PM - no Kratom yet this morning despite off and on chills and runny nose. It’s funny how you can deal with the onset of withdrawals when you know you have Kratom on hand to take whenever.

my ashawanda arrived today and just took the recommended dose (3 gel caps). I wanted to get a sense of its effects now before i quit so I know what to expect or not expect. Will report back in a bit on how things are progressing

Alright so here is my take.

Ashawanda seemed to have a calming effect over my mind (great) and no undesired energy or restlessness. It didn’t however help with my chills and running sneezing nose. Which is fine, I now know what to expect from it. Took my first Kratom dose 6 grams, about half hour ago.

I’m scheduled to take 8, 9 and 10 caps for remainder of the day but think I will at a minimum go 8,8,10 if not lower.

until next time...

Today went well. I ended up with just 3 doses of Kratom instead of 4 but just pushing through extended periods of uncomfortableness. Ended up taking 18 grams which is a far cry from last weekend at 36. Still feeling motivated to kick this sooner rather than later.

the plan is to stick with 3 Doses the rest of this week until Thursday when I will decide when that day to take my last dose and then go without Friday while I work from home, sat and sun, then likely call out sick on Monday. I still have to pick up some lava and black seed oil or whatever it is.

stay tuned because it’s gonna get rough, real rough. Just pray that it sticks this time. 12 years on Kratom is just fucking ridiculous

Today went well. I ended up with just 3 doses of Kratom instead of 4 but just pushing through extended periods of uncomfortableness. Ended up taking 18 grams which is a far cry from last weekend at 36. Still feeling motivated to kick this sooner rather than later.

the plan is to stick with 3 Doses the rest of this week until Thursday when I will decide when that day to take my last dose and then go without Friday while I work from home, sat and sun, then likely call out sick on Monday. I still have to pick up some lava and black seed oil or whatever it is.

stay tuned because it’s gonna get rough, real rough. Just pray that it sticks this time. 12 years on Kratom is just fucking ridiculous
Hey! I'm just reading all these posts.. You're doing really good. Keep it up! You'll successfully do this. It's like you flipped the switch and you're gonna get there, it's just a matter of when. I'm glad you're not having terrible withdrawals .. I mean I know the sweats are definitely uncomfortable and the the runny nose is just annoying (my eyes tear too) but I guess it could be a lot worse. Lets hope it's not that bad as you keep reducing. ?

Hey! I'm just reading all these posts.. You're doing really good. Keep it up! You'll successfully do this. It's like you flipped the switch and you're gonna get there, it's just a matter of when. I'm glad you're not having terrible withdrawals .. I mean I know the sweats are definitely uncomfortable and the the runny nose is just annoying (my eyes tear too) but I guess it could be a lot worse. Lets hope it's not that bad as you keep reducing. ?

I know it will get worse once I stop completely. Just the nature of the beast. I am hoping that a positive frame of mind will help to see me through easier than in the past. Nervous about how work goes this week on 25% less than I had last week but I’ll survive. Time to grab a shower and get this day started...

So on the way into work I decided I didn’t want to wait to quit. Tired of putting things on hold and yearn to be free once again. I put in a half day at the office and then am working from home remainder of today and tomorrow. If need be I’ll wfh wed or call out.

That being said, it’s been 17 hours since last dose. Don’t feel terrible. Small waves of anxiety and sneezing a lot. Chills earlier but have subsided for now. I plan on going for a walk later today.

I’ll be posting throughout the day as things progress, especially if things start getting really bad. I miss sobriety and can’t wait to meet it again

18.5 hours in. Anxiety had started building so brewed a cup of chamomile tea and it did wonders to take the edge off. The downside is this makes me drowsy so I can’t drink it and work very effectively.

Still relatively comfortable. I’m bracing for a terrible night of sleep but crossing my fingers it’s manageable. On tap for the rest of the evening is dinner, a walk and then a hot shower.

21.5 hours in. Ugh. I think the anxiety of the approaching bedtime is the worst because I know it will suck.

Need to finish up some laundry and then a hot shower with a cup or chamomile tea, ashawanda and a little melatonin.

So on the way into work I decided I didn’t want to wait to quit. Tired of putting things on hold and yearn to be free once again. I put in a half day at the office and then am working from home remainder of today and tomorrow. If need be I’ll wfh wed or call out.

That being said, it’s been 17 hours since last dose. Don’t feel terrible. Small waves of anxiety and sneezing a lot. Chills earlier but have subsided for now. I plan on going for a walk later today.

I’ll be posting throughout the day as things progress, especially if things start getting really bad. I miss sobriety and can’t wait to meet it again
wow... 17 hours! good job. Yeah.. I hear you on the mental freedom here. I remember when i was tapering off of bentos. I wasn't taking a lot, but I realized I was physically dependent and I felt horrible if I missed a dose. No matter how low of a dose you take, the body gets used to it and expects it. Anyway.. my point in telling you this is that I had reached a point in my tapering when it was like a veil was lifted. I remember where I was and what I was looking at as I was driving and looking at the grass on the side of the interstate and as it passed the color of the grass got more crisp colored and lush. I looked at the sky and it was blue (not grey like it usually was at that time of year in the sticks of upstate NY).. The blue was bright and again crisper.. Everything was. I believe that you'll experience something like this at some point as the levels of kratom in your body get lower.

21.5 hours in. Ugh. I think the anxiety of the approaching bedtime is the worst because I know it will suck.

Need to finish up some laundry and then a hot shower with a cup or chamomile tea, ashawanda and a little melatonin.
praying that you have an easy night. ?

praying that you have an easy night. ?

It was a rough night. Really bad anxiety and rls from 8 until about Midnight after which I basically passed out from exhaustion until 6 am. I survived though and this morning cold symptoms and upset stomach are the prevalent symptoms

one hour at a time...33.5 hours clean

35 hours clean.

There was an event at my son’s school this am which I planned to skip but sucked it up,
got dressed and hung out for at least 15 mins and had a donut and some coffee. Glad I got out of bed. Made me feel better.

Now to try and put in a semi-productive day working from home and keep my mind off my symptoms.