PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Ketamine Subthread] Cooking K

Fire Escape

Bluelighter

Welcome to the Cooking Ketamine subthread

[Back to the main ketamine thread]

This is the central thread about cooking k, in other words turning liquid vials of ketamine into powder / crystals that are suitable for other methods of consumption (namely insufflation).

[original post:]

I heard that this was not the way to go. If it is or isn't, I'm wondering why.
Can people help me and give their own suggestions as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not exactlly sure why someone would have told you it is NOT the way to go.....everyone has their own opinion....if you were to search back, there are alot of post for a few different ways to prepare K, but none of them i do not think are better then the other....
i personnally have tried the dry out method and the stove method.....both worked and i feel with th4e same results.
i have heard in previous post(if you would have searched/sorry had to say it ;o) )that when heated up to be preparred you will lose some by evaporation...i would not know cause i did not take the time to weigh it out when preparred...

I have cooked K in the microwave LoL. But you still get the same amount as you should for a vial. I really don't understand why some people say you "lost some."

if it splatters, bubbles over or burs then obviously you loose some.
If you're really worried, just do it under very low heat in the oven, while keeping an eye on it.
SG

I always cook mine in the microwave and it works great.
The secret is to cover the large plate with another plate that way none evaporates. Then when it's done you just take it out, and scrape it off both plates.

Microwaves "cook" things by way of speeding up their particles (heating up). It is easy to lose alot of your liquid this way, as much will splatter, and it will be more difficult for it to dry out completely.
The best way is directly allowing the excess liquid to evaportate off, for instance putting it on a plate, on top of a pot of boiling water, allowing it to boil off. THat will take about 15 mins. And you are left with totally dry ketamine hcl. :)
Other people choose to dry it out in the oven, I havent done this myself.

Be careful cooking it in a microwave if the plate has any small metal ring/linings, usually food will be on it so its ok but when theres just a little bit of liquid they can arc like crazy. It can be interesting when sparks start flying and everyones all f*cked up and freaks out especially fun in an area where microwave use might be restricted (college dorms? :) . Also you dont have to dry it all at once, so if you are worried it might get 'messed up' or you are 'doing it wrong' just use a little at a time.
As for a low-tek method (can heat the water any way you want). The people that the arc'ing happened to ended up microwaving a large cup of water until boiling, then placing the plate on top of that, a fan on low pointed at it, a 60w desk lamp above it. This yielded dry ketamine hcl in around 15-20min?
[ 16 February 2002: Message edited by: supanoid ]

Here is the magical formula for figuring out how much Ketamine HCl will result from a liquid vial:
concentration (mg/ml of Ketamine HCl) x amount (milliliters)
You can find how many milligrams of Ketamine are in each milliliter right on the side of the bottle, right along with the total amount. So if it's 100mg/ml and you have a 10cc bottle then the formula is
100 x 10 = 1000
1000 milligrams of Ketamine HCl then. Or 1 gram. BTW a cc (cubic centimeter) is the same as a milliliter. Hopefully everyone who wonders how much K they can get out of their vial will look here first.
-ikarus

Ok, I've taken k several times, but never paid attention to how it's prepared... anyone have a good way to describe how you do it? thanks :)

DUSTAXGIRL: If your speaking of preparing "powder" Ketamine from a liquid vial, just LOOK ABOVE YOUR POST. If your speaking of some other preparation explain yourself further.

There is a slight difference in the methods that you choose to prepare your K. If you choose to heat it (via the microwave or oven), you're apt to lose some of the salts in the solution that make K into KHCl. These "salts" can acutally make a difference in the reaction you get when using the K. Clarification = two different brands of K at the same concentration with different salts in solution CAN have different effects. You may want to consider pouring the K into a bowl and letting is sit out 24-36 hours and "air dry". Drawback - you have to be patient!

Hehe... Using the microwave just gives you something to do when your bored, cuz you get to scrape all the splatter off the top and sides of the inside of the wave. Fun fun... The most interesting thing that I've *known* someone to do was use the microwave in the lobby of the hotel to cook their K. Woah! Talk about being risky.

Ketamine cooking.... I know

Yes guys I do know how to 'cook' ketamine, but just one quick question... the microwave method,, one would think that you would lose a lot of potency and yield? thanks all.

yup. you do. cook it in a pyrex dish over a bright hot lightbulb. might take longer, but i heard its got higher yeilds. feel free to correct me if im wrong ;)

You will never - NEVER - get better quality or yield than if you simply pour it on a cookie sheet and let it evaporate.
Actually "cooking" the product is a BAD THING.
All you really want to do is remove the moisture, and leave the ketamine hydrochloride behind.

Ok...some people swear to me that boiling a pot of water...taking it off the stove and putting liq K on a plate and let it heat while sitting on top of the pot is the best way. Others say using a blow dryer. Anyone else have any input?

First of all, if you don't add any heat, you leave behind saline. So your "higher yield" is just saline that didn't evaporate but instead dried into flakes.
And yes, saline dries like that. Pour out contact solution and let it air dry. You'll have quite a bit left behind. Contact solution is saline, btw.
If you leave the microwave on the lowest power setting, it's not enough heat to damage the ketamine. You simply need a very large plate because some of it will splatter. If you use a big plate, you'll catch it all.
I know there are sooooo many people that diss the microwave thing. However when I was a ketamine dealer back before the stuff was scheduled, I had people tell me all the time that somehow my ketamine was better than everyone elses. When they asked my cooking method my answer was - power setting 1 on the microwave.
Sure, my yeilds were smaller... but who cares? Are you worried about weight or ketamine?

slowly heating it is just as good as air drying it. I never really believed in the blwdryer method till i saw someone totally kick ass at it pushing it around with a credit card. damn we got so much and it was potent.