• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ketamine infusion tomorrow morning.

Yo. The first day I had an odd feeling but pretty good. Ended up feeling bad for a little while because I was withdrawaling off of other drugs. I think at least I can maintain pain relief. Mood can change easily. I think there is a lot of room for depression relief, if you get it specifically in the mind set of depression removable. I can say go into a Ketamine treatment either for pain that is physical or for the sole purpose of depression removal at that dose. I'm not saying you can't hit two birds with one stone, but if you have any real issues, it's IMO, one or the other. Now if I can go to the pain doctor and say it works and if I can get it regularly, I will be a happy man. My Physical pain is pretty low at the moment. 2/3ds wouldn't be a stretch. Next week I may say pain level is up. If it is I'll tell you all know. This stuff has mucho use in psychiatry. I think through correct application, it could be used for many things.
Also, Ketamine goes nicely with despensary weed, Valium and dextroamphetamine, in my system.

I know, preaching to the choir.

Last edited:
Is this becoming a more-common procedure? Very fascinating, i've noticed anti-depressant qualities in the street k I've used in the past, but its great to see this normalization of its use, and more research into the psych benefits. Was this part of your pain management protocol in a "common" way, or experimental? I'm so curious, i agree that there is so much therapeutic potential here.
Time to get on google and see how widespread this is becoming, thanks for sharing your experience!

Last edited:
8) SK...So happy that you have a fairly positive report.

I'm not a member of the choir, so I need to research this K thing, too. I've been told that it can help with "treatment resistant" depression and chronic pain. Hey, relief of BOTH would be a miracle...But I'd take either/or!

Perhaps I'm mistaken (if so, forgive me) but are you a cancer survivor? I forget, with this shit storm in which I exist.

My disease, though similar to cancer, is not fatal. The DESPAIR of constant pain can be fatal, IMO.

Having said that, I am hopeful you find relief for both your physical and emotional issues.

Dixi, I think you would recieve benifit from this. I'm starting to have feelings,lol. Also, my hospital and insurance made this, run of the mill event. My hospital is on the cutting edge in research, so they can be bull shitting me.

Last edited:
:\ Thanks, SK...What kind of "feelings", good or bad? Tell us MORE about your experience, if you can.

As mentioned by another poster, RTP has undergone Ketamine treatments. Maybe y'all can compare notes, if you haven't already.

I know another young woman who is still in the process of her scheduled K treatments for CRPS and depression. She'd had such a long history of pain and depressive episodes, she was desperate for any relief.

I need a MAJOR turnaround in my so-called life, or I'm going to be forced to hit the exit. For decades I've "hoped" things would get better. Hope is a powerful thing. I no longer have it.

I'm thankful you have cutting edge medical care available to you. I'm on the edge of BFE, so there's more bullshit than relief.

OT: How's the MMJ going for you? I'm trying several different strains, too (vaping). Not being a recreational user of anything, this has been a TRIP with no destination. I either get super silly, or too wired, with even less of an "edit" button than I already have.

If your are not a heavy recreational drugs user, espically NMDA antagonist user, you should get more bang for your buck. I felt nothing, in a great way.

Is this becoming a more-common procedure? Very fascinating, i've noticed anti-depressant qualities in the street k I've used in the past, but its great to see this normalization of its use, and more research into the psych benefits. Was this part of your pain management protocol in a "common" way, or experimental? I'm so curious, i agree that there is so much therapeutic potential here.
Time to get on google and see how widespread this is becoming, thanks for sharing your experience!
I believe Ketamine should be 1st line of treatment for depression. Then move onto NDMA substances like Methadone, etc. 3rd line would be stims, low dose of methamphetamine can do wonders. What do u think about low dose Ketamine taken orally to treat depression?

I can see this used for depression the way it takes away pain. This is totally worth a shot.

I forgot to mention, I asked the nurse if I could play Phish, with no headphones. She smiled and said she followed them in the 90's.
We both talked about concerts and had a moment. Then she gave me my midazolam IV, then IV ketamine. She was a cool hippie chick. Her word upon me asking how I awoke, was"your the only person we ever gave the entire dosage to and the only one who didn't have a hard time coming out of it". I thought that was cool.

I think sustained low-dose ketamine treatment for depression would be fine, i know long-term high-dose use has some toxic effects, that would be my only concern. Losing bladder control by 40 would suck. I think there are indications that single high-dose uses have a residual anti-depressant effect but i can't remember where i source that from.
Personally i cant stand the side effect profile of ssri's, and snri's, so i think some novel approaches to treatment would be refreshing. Right now my depression is mostly avoidable with CBT and high-grade cannabis, with a good amount of effort put into expecting a good attitude from myself. I've only ever been suicidal ON fucking psych drugs, so i keep that in mind lol

I believe in occasional high(ER) dose treatment, but if, for instance, concentrated on how to tune into and sensatize myself to ketamine, I would get better and better while needing less and less. This substance has great potential in all aspects of pain and another form of pain, depression. Subjective theroy.

Let me put it this way, I am going to get my psychiatrist to help hint to my pain doctor that she is noticing a difference in my overall attitude due to the ketamine treatments and she is in paying close attention to its effects. Maybe get someone to get into a study on ketamine. Two birds, one stone.

In theory, I see this working, theoretically, subjectively.

Last edited:
It sound's like you have progressive medical care, thats rad. In your experience how long did the residual mood-lift last? Does it also have pain-managing effects extending beyond the infusion, if so for how long? I appreciate the info, i've been reading some relatively light articles about this and considering pursuing this myself.

Really impressed that you were able to have it done in such a clinical setting. It's rare to find anywhere that will do that, or doctors who are open minded enough. Please keep us in the loop!

I have my doubts about one-off ketamine infusions for depression, unless it is extremely serious, suicidal depression with no alternative recourse. (Don't let me views impact you though. I don't have a lot to go on here and I've also heard stories that contradict my thinking.) The reason is that most of the research I've read about lasting relief for depression involves frequent low dosing, instead of one big dose. The bigger doses tend to have more temporary effects and need repeating 3 weeks - 1 month later. So I'd be curious to know what your symptoms are down the road. One complicating factor is your other drug use... that makes it hard to track the ketamine experience.

I made a big thread about my self-experiments with ketamine for depression, based on research and networking with others at the time. I found the low dose protocol to have permanent results for myself. When I mixed it with anything else, even cannabis, the protocol got sabotaged.

The clinicians doing in-patient procedures like you had done, my impression of them is that they have good intentions. However, it's the culture of recreational ketamine use that prevents more ongoing out-patient treatment. In some districts, people have ketamine inhalers and nebulizers to give them a daily, low dose. But even those, from what I heard, hover around the 25-30mg mark, and patients are advised to stay indoors for at least two hours. My own experience + research has led me to strongly believe that anything above a threshold dose gets into "recreational use" territory - whether it's in a clinic or on your own - and this downgrades the therapeutic effect because of overstimulation of the NMDA receptors.

But... there are logistical, social, and legal problems to obtaining ketamine in a low dose formulation that can be administered daily. Frankly, if there were ever formulations in the 10-12mg range, we could have major impacts on depression. It's especially useful for people with PTSD and trauma related depression because those patients tend to have certifiable pre-frontal brain damage as a result of neurochemical changes due to trauma. Ketamine can correct these. I'm not sure about other kinds of depression.

There's also something to be said for the experience itself, going beyond the science. Depression is complicated and we can't boil it down to what's happening to a bunch of receptors. I've read reports of some people with serious, suicidal, intractable depression being given k-hole doses and their lives go from being beyond the pale to returning to relative normalcy. Surely it's the psychedelic experience itself that plays a part!

First, cool thing. I found a 5/325 Percocet. I took half and it almost felt like a whole one. That doesn't sound like much, but that's huge to me. I was at 55mg at one point. I would love to get a treatment once a month. Afa mood lift, I'm still learning how it effects me. Pain relief is still pretty good. So far so good. For the most part, I'd say the change is still there. I just cannot put it into words yet. I hope that explains something. It has definately made a change.

Somehow I closed the thread. It was a momentary lapse of reason. I will continue to update. I feel right now that this should be a first line treatment for depression. The pain killing effects seem to require periodic treatments, but the anti depression part works. I am going to fight tooth and nail to keep this up. It is still an awesome treatment.

Somehow I closed the thread. It was a momentary lapse of reason. I will continue to update. I feel right now that this should be a first line treatment for depression. The pain killing effects seem to require periodic treatments, but the anti depression part works. I am going to fight tooth and nail to keep this up. It is still an awesome treatment.

That's awesome. I'm super interested. Thanks for keeping us updated Speed King! I'm sure we all really appreciate it. It's so intersting to hear about your experience, please keep us posted.

I will eventually be able to write a much cleaner version of this thread. I am intrested in helping those in pain and those with depression, which usually go hand in hand.

When I see my psychologist, I will explain its (subjective) effects and how I want to go about continuing the treatment for both pain and depression. I want my experience to help others heal.